The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Should gap closers stun

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    If you don't get it by now, I don't think you'll get it at all until you actually sink some time into DK. Maybe jump off your petsorc for a bit, start a DK, and see how DK plays, before judging it.

I have 27days on a dk. I understand how things work.i strongly disagree with alot of things you said the main point being that dks dont use there ultimate as gap closer primarily. As a 247 day pet sorcerer. I can give you 1 fact to be true most to all dks that kill me start with leap. I will even say 90 to 95% of all deaths start with leap. It disregard any and all keep away game. as gap closer disregard for any and all gameplay mechanics of situation that apply to health bar. IT IS SPAM AS A ULTIMATE. Leap is without a doubt on a dk use at cost more then any ultimate in the game. The fact is due to the overload nature of this gap closer. There is never a situation where this ultimate is not in a positive situation. Upon use. This skill carry alot of dk gameplay for most user because of its overload nature. Which in return allows bar set up on being more tanky instead of using a gap closer. The stun, distance, aoe, and helping hand passive in providing way more then just a hand. But more importantly it stuns as a gap closer.

It is my belief that gap closer should never stun.

27 days? How do you know that? Are you saying 27 days of play time or you made a DK 27 days ago, because I made a DK 2 or 3 years ago, but I don't use them in PvP very much, I guess I must be an expert on the matter on DKs by your logic.

You're in over your head here, your bias is clear and your comment made it clearer. Pulling out random facts like "90 to 95% of all deaths start with leap. It disregard any and all keep away game. as gap closer disregard for any and all gameplay mechanics of situation that apply to health bar. IT IS SPAM AS A ULTIMATE." Or streak is in a gray area lol.

Hate to break it to you, but you can't spam ultimates in this game, that's the nature of ultimates, furthermore, it's an ultimate and doesn't have the same power budget so I don't understand why you keep saying DKs spam leap.

If your going to discuss gap closers that stun, you should stick to abilities like toppling charge and stop acting like this isn't a nerf thread because you die to much to DKs that outplay you.

Actually there's one story about spamming ultimates... maybe the guys who have been playing here since 2015 can remember it.

Of course, the way how those ultis were spammed was a clear cheat. A Cheat-in-genie
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is not a nerf post once again this is a post about should gap closers stun. I feel like the post is slowing down some and it seems dk leap is a hot topic so I will make another post. Once again it is my belief the gap closer should never stun.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I can see the dk point of veiw. I'm a pet sorc and nerfs dont feel right sometimes. However from the stand point of the opponent. Moves that provides to much utility. To the point that most players dont even understand that dk leap is a gap closer. Unfortunately says alot about how strong this gap closer is. It is a ultimate so it should be powerful but unfortunately most players are holding block and waiting on this ultimate to dk leap as gameplay. During these combo. The whole burst is build around the free stuns this provide. Which provides very little counter play. In my opinion a stun should never be on a gap closer. I'm not a dev, so I can see the difficulties in making changes. When a player is use to 2 in 1 moves. I also see how what makes the game fun is class identity. However i my opinion class identity is tank theme. I feel like eso has done a extremely amazing job at dk as a tank theme. I will even say dk is the most tanking dps in the game. In my opinion

The irony of a pet sorc whining about multifunctional "over performing" skills.
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot people don't know how to break free and manage stam...
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    This post is the source of discussion about dk leap
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think given both threads; the answer to your question from most is "yes." They may not agree on all of them, but at least some. Particularly when it comes to chasing down streaking sorcs.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK Leap is an ultimate you can see from a distance and can be blocked to remove stun and reduce damage.

Sorc Streak is a getaway skill that executes in a blink of an eye that also stuns and deal damage.

Please nerf Sorc streak.

DK leap is fine.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Smh, streak for the record is a escape tool. And escape tool is the opposite of "gap closers". For the bias at heart that dont see change as positive. The unmorph name is bolt escape. Steak as a morph is to maximize distance up to 15meter range with a stun. After this distance ball of lightning is maximum as a escape tool. Do to that fact that any version of BOLT ESCAPE doesn't PLAYER LOCK. It is not a effective or optimum gap closer. Therefore is not in topic. This post shows pure bias to revert attention off topic. Furthermore if streak morph was nerf AND THE FIRST HALF UP TO 6 METERS ONLY STUN. REINFORCING THE ESCAPE ELEMENT. So be it. GAP CLOSER SHOULD NEVER STUN
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all, it is my belief that gap closer should never stun. I believe the gameplay is simply to strong for toppling charge and dk leap. Here's why, templar and dk as a class have amazing snare elements to their damage move set. But they also have some of the best cc in game with fossilize and javelin. It is my belief that a player shouldn't get so much utility for 1 single move. In most cases based on the distance is simply way to hard to react to these moves. Stun as a mechanic is meta in pvp. I believe these abilities are over preforming base on the class having snares on attack moves and guarantee ways in on dk leap. Despite an opponent keep away game.

While what you have to say is on point when regarding Toppling Charge, it's hard to use the same argument for the DK's Dragon Leap (and morphs). They're not even close to the same skill and, in fact, you've chosen probably the one thing they have in common out of everything they offer as skills.

Leap is fine. I've always said that as an ultimate, it's actually one of the most balanced ones: it synergizes well with class passives, hits hard (but not too hard), and is very satisfying to use. However, more on topic, it can hardly be referred to as a gap closer because it can only be used once every half minute at best when paired with monster and armor sets like bloodspawn and werewolf hide.

Toppling Charge, on the other hand, you should feel a bit indignant about. It's overloaded. It stuns 100% of the time, applies off balance (a large damage buff in CP), and interrupts spell casts as well as being a gap closer, and that's on top of it doing pretty OK damage and having a chance to proc bigger damage through awesome Templar passives. It has too much effect economy for the cost, much like a lot of other Templar skills. There's nothing to defend here.
    Edited by Rahar on December 2, 2019 10:06PM
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This post shows pure bias

You got that right at least.
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    So the main point I'm hearing is gap closer should never stun. Unless it's my ultimate. Sorry but because I have 0 bias I dont believe gap closer should stun be it abilities or ultimate. It a mechanic that just shouldn't ever go together no matter the logic, title or classification of the move.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "I have 0 bias". This thread has become a meme at this point :D
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    "I have 0 bias". This thread has become a meme at this point :D

0 bias is a meme in itself regardless of context tbh.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smh, streak for the record is a escape tool. And escape tool is the opposite of "gap closers". For the bias at heart that dont see change as positive. The unmorph name is bolt escape. Steak as a morph is to maximize distance up to 15meter range with a stun. After this distance ball of lightning is maximum as a escape tool. Do to that fact that any version of BOLT ESCAPE doesn't PLAYER LOCK. It is not a effective or optimum gap closer. Therefore is not in topic. This post shows pure bias to revert attention off topic. Furthermore if streak morph was nerf AND THE FIRST HALF UP TO 6 METERS ONLY STUN. REINFORCING THE ESCAPE ELEMENT. So be it. GAP CLOSER SHOULD NEVER STUN

For the record, streak can be used as a gap closer. If you don't want gap closer to stun, the stun from streak has to be removed too...
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Steak doesn't player lock. All morph of bolt escape is a mobile tool. However I do believe the stun of steak can be abusedand only apply up to 8 meter. I believe 8 meters is a good place to reinforce gameplay of Gap closer should never stun and maintain the identity of stun on getaway. I also believe all version should remove snare.
  • Sorbin
    Sorbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Learn to mitigate and stop crying. People like you are ruining this game by whining about every single thing that kills them.
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steak doesn't player lock. All morph of bolt escape is a mobile tool. However I do believe the stun of steak can be abusedand only apply up to 8 meter. I believe 8 meters is a good place to reinforce gameplay of Gap closer should never stun and maintain the identity of stun on getaway. I also believe all version should remove snare.

No, I have played against sorc that have used streak as a gap closer - especially when you try to run around a rock to lose sight of their pet and high burst.

With streak, you can close the gap between you and a player; therefore it can be used as a gap closer. If for some crazy reason ESO decides to remove the stun from all gap closers, then they should also remove the stun from streak.

Most players fighting a mag sorc have seen streak being used as a gap closer/offensive tool - drop meteor, then close the gap to stun... if you don't see that streak is also used as a gap closer I don't know what else to say. But again you are going to continue to say the same thing "I believe that a gap closers should never stun." I don't even know why I keep writing about this topic. I think you are trolling everyone here.
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But it can also be used as a gap closer.
    Edited by TrinityBreaker on December 5, 2019 2:57AM
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem

• relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    If you don't get it by now, I don't think you'll get it at all until you actually sink some time into DK. Maybe jump off your petsorc for a bit, start a DK, and see how DK plays, before judging it.

I have 27days on a dk. I understand how things work.i strongly disagree with alot of things you said the main point being that dks dont use there ultimate as gap closer primarily. As a 247 day pet sorcerer. I can give you 1 fact to be true most to all dks that kill me start with leap. I will even say 90 to 95% of all deaths start with leap. It disregard any and all keep away game. as gap closer disregard for any and all gameplay mechanics of situation that apply to health bar. IT IS SPAM AS A ULTIMATE. Leap is without a doubt on a dk use at cost more then any ultimate in the game. The fact is due to the overload nature of this gap closer. There is never a situation where this ultimate is not in a positive situation. Upon use. This skill carry alot of dk gameplay for most user because of its overload nature. Which in return allows bar set up on being more tanky instead of using a gap closer. The stun, distance, aoe, and helping hand passive in providing way more then just a hand. But more importantly it stuns as a gap closer.

It is my belief that gap closer should never stun.

You are not list

I have been hit so many times with streak offensively.

If you are not using it offensively it just further highlights the inadequacy of your gameplay.
    It isn't used as a gap closer because you don't want to be close to a melee attacker. Your intention is to stay ranged.

It's worse because you have stunned, evaded, damaged and have maintained a safe distance to carry on your own attack.

I don't understand with all these people that have replied to you, ALOT of them sorcerers saying that leap is fine and you still haven't realised its you.

As explained to you once a DK has used his leap he is unlikely to be able to finish you off as we don't have execute and no means to chase you if you streak.
    A sorcerer does not need an ultimate to kill someone, they have an execute and insane burst.

I really don't understand why you have started a thread on the false advertisement of having a discussion.
    I haven't seen a single person agree with you and yet you have made 2 posts on exactly the same skill.
    It feels like a very conscious effort to get leap nerfed.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should make pets untargetable. It's so overtuned it's a joke, so I have a pet, that soaks up damage, deals damage, los able, AND A BURST HEAL.!??! Definitely overperforming
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And streak is just stupid overpowered like what a joke, let's give the best gapcloser in the game a stun. Lawl might as well make critcharge stun everyone in it's path, and lotus fan have aoe stun. Such an overpowered skill
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Who needs a gap closer at 8 meters?
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

SMH. "For the record", I main a PvP Sorc and use streak more often to get close to my opponents or go through them than to escape or kite. Unexpectedly streaking through a group and hearing the characters all groan in unison as they all break the stun is hilarious to me. It can be used right before ultimates to aoe stun and make sure they land. Combine that with encase to really bust some ball group balls. That conical shape is designed to have the widest effect at the end point, stunning your targets more than any pursuers. Streak morph is optimized for offense, BOL for defense, but use them however you want.

I can usually match a fleeing Sorc streak for streak if I'm up for the chase - which makes streak an excellent counter to itself- but more importantly, that makes it the opposite of a gap creator! It is closing the gap, and may even stun if close enough! Ergo gap closer.

Since it needs no target, it is an effective gap closer and also a gap creator. Using streak and curse to ferret out NBs is way more entertaining than detect pots imo. Please leave DK Leap and Sorc Streak the way they are.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

SMH. "For the record", I main a PvP Sorc and use streak more often to get close to my opponents or go through them than to escape or kite. Unexpectedly streaking through a group and hearing the characters all groan in unison as they all break the stun is hilarious to me. It can be used right before ultimates to aoe stun and make sure they land. Combine that with encase to really bust some ball group balls. That conical shape is designed to have the widest effect at the end point, stunning your targets more than any pursuers. Streak morph is optimized for offense, BOL for defense, but use them however you want.

I can usually match a fleeing Sorc streak for streak if I'm up for the chase - which makes streak an excellent counter to itself- but more importantly, that makes it the opposite of a gap creator! It is closing the gap, and may even stun if close enough! Ergo gap closer.

Since it needs no target, it is an effective gap closer and also a gap creator. Using streak and curse to ferret out NBs is way more entertaining than detect pots imo. Please leave DK Leap and Sorc Streak the way they are.

Amen

And yes it is quite fun to encase and streak-stun entire ball groups. Throwing negate into the equation and you have a one class that could potentialy pon-farr an entire group making them waste their precious AoE ultis. That's why streak should never been touch.

Similarly but with a lesser effect, Leap + talons can do it too, but you need an ulti, something a sorc can do with magicka.
    Edited by Xvorg on December 5, 2019 7:48PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The op is a shield spamming pet Sorc who doesn’t bother to block. Lol. Geeze.

Maybe if you write a bunch of Nerf novels in the forums someone will notice at ZOS lol.
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    The reaction time require to block isn't balance with the reward for the user
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop bumping your own threads when they die, it’s tacky.