The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO BEST ZONE COMPETITION HEXADECAFINALS ROUND 9 - VOTE'S CLOSED

Saucy_Jack
Saucy_Jack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Heading into the second half of the Hexadecafinals, we have the High King vs. the Cat Queen! Whose realm holds the royal flush? YOU DECIDE!

The lineup and current standing of all contenders can be found here, so people can keep track of the overall action.

Each of these bouts will last two days, so this one ends around noon CST (5pm UTC) on December 7th. FIIIIGHT!
Edited by Saucy_Jack on December 7, 2019 7:59PM
ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.

ESO BEST ZONE COMPETITION HEXADECAFINALS ROUND 9 - VOTE'S CLOSED 124 votes

Stormhaven
40%
vailjohn_ESOixieSoupDragonCloudtraderOlauronwookikiller95BergisMacBrideWldKardeVulsahdaalEnemy-of-ColdharbourParasaurolophusCillion3117CzeriOhtimbarBomblePantsIlsabetDojohodamax_onlyTokenIntellectJacen_Veron 50 votes
Northern Elsweyr
59%
GalenWhiteCoatSyndromeGythralDavadinZephiran23Loves_guarshondelinkJoanOfOrcIluvrienGuneSilverwillowCaffeinatedMayhempeacenotecyclonus11Ragged_ClawVaranaAliyavanapod88kkSnowZeniaMindcr0w 74 votes
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stormhaven
    stormhaven
    at a place nobody knows
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stormhaven
    Did I already mention I don't like deserts?

Oh, and Stormhaven looks realistic, I like it :)
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Northern Elsweyr
    I love Northern Elsweyr's terrain. Stormhaven is bland and forgettable.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Northern Elsweyr
    Stormhaven holds my alliance's capital, and it's where I go to turn in my crafting master writs. Plus, the bank in Wayrest is a great place for looting. Oh, who am I kidding? I love Stormhaven just because it's part of High Rock, which is where my main character hails from.

But despite that, I'm voting for Northern Elsweyr because it's larger and has more to do. :)
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Northern Elsweyr
    Both zones lovely but I love Northern Elsweyr!
  • Arjuna1696
    Arjuna1696
    ✭✭✭
    Northern Elsweyr
    Absolutely love the delves and storyline in NE. Storyline in Stormhaven is forgettable, but the cities are definitely awesome.
    Arjúna | Wood Elf Stamina Warden | of the Undying Song | Flawless Conquerer
    Tangles-Up-In-Blue | Argonian Magicka Warden | Spirit Slayer | Flawless Conquerer
    Marcełine | Dark Elf Magicka Nightblade | Spirit Slayer | Flawless Conquerer
    Nausîcaä | Breton Magicka Templar | Spirit Slayer | Flawless Conquerer
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Northern Elsweyr
    It's just tough for a base game zone to compete against the polish of the newer ones...
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Northern Elsweyr
    Not a fan of anything connected to DC!
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Northern Elsweyr
    It sucks less :D
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Northern Elsweyr
    Stormhaven is... nice. Nothing wrong with it, but it doesn't have Alfiq. If it wanted to win best zone it shoulda had cuter citizens, that's all I'm saying.
    PC EU & NA
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Northern Elsweyr
    people often forgot there's a huge lush, tropical rainforest feel to N. Elswyr on the south/southwest region... its not ALL desert :lol:

honestly the design and art reminds me of Indonesia. i think they kinda mentioned its part of their inspiration too (South East Asia region), which is cool.

Stormhaven is... well... its beautiful. just like many other similarly-designed regions in all fantasy-setting games.......
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stormhaven
    Northern Elsweyr is pretty, but I'm immune to pretty. Stormhaven has heart and soul and ordinary moons, which is the way it should be! Stormhaven is GREAT!

Take a NOSE DIVE and Join us at Stormhaven!

Today!

Nose Diver Achievement info:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Nose_Diver
    Edited by Dojohoda on December 5, 2019 7:53PM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Northern Elsweyr
    Stormhaven is nice and all, but I like Anequina's subtropical climate and fauna better. Also dragons. And lots of used car dealer-- er, I mean Khajiit. I like Khajiit.

And, most importantly, Alfiq. They are just too damn cute. I'm a dog person, but if I had a cat, I would totally dress him up like an Alfiq at least once.
    Edited by CassandraGemini on December 5, 2019 7:45PM
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stormhaven
    Wayrest forever!
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Northern Elsweyr
    I love Stormhaven, but Northern Elsweyr is beyond gorgeous. Rich in color. Hate traversing it, but the beauty makes up for it.
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
    PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
    Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stormhaven
    I don't like the terrain in Elsweyr, except a few of the greener parts, Stormhaven on the other hand is always bright and cheery, easy to navigate, and it holds Wayrest, for which I have a soft spot :smile:
  • LanteanPegasus
    LanteanPegasus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Northern Elsweyr
    Akatosh, I hate this round ! Can't I vote for both ? (There were rounds where I didn't vote for either, so I'd be even again.)

But as much as I love the DC regions, Northern Elsweyr is just so beautiful ! Both have great quests, but in Elsweyr I get to travel and work with Tharn again. Okay, I really didn't need all that dragon stuff, dragons in ESO just don't interest me in the least (apart from Akatosh, of course), but thankfully the land of the Khajiit has to offer much more than some shouting lizards...
    So, with all due respect to my High King (which I happen to like, unlike many others), this round goes to Queen Khamira and her wonderful purring "r".
  • January1171
    January1171
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Northern Elsweyr
    Northern Elsweyr has some really pretty locations
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Northern Elsweyr
    Northern elsweyr, i like the verticality and scope of it all, and how south and north have such a contrast in flora
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Northern Elsweyr
    I usualy dont like desert but the southern part of the map(not southern elsweyr) look soooo good
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Northern Elsweyr
    This was a little tough because Stormhaven had one of my favorite dungeons, Scalecaller Peak, but it was added to the zone later and overall I feel that NE's quests were more memorable and it is quite beautiful. :)
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Northern Elsweyr
    It was a very tough decision...
  • SkoomaPie
    SkoomaPie
    ✭✭✭
    Northern Elsweyr
    One has a drunk mage kitty and the other one has... something. So Northern Elsweyr gets my vote.
    Xbox Gt: SkoomaPie
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stormhaven
    I would have voted for NE. Its southern part is very nice, Merry-quest and Vastarie are welcomed. But I don't like ESO dragons. Final quest of NE story (you know where) is rather bad too from gameplay point of view.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Northern Elsweyr
    I love the aqueducts among other things.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stormhaven
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    Take a NOSE DIVE and Join us at Stormhaven!

Today!

Nose Diver Achievement info:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Nose_Diver

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I never knew it existed and it was the one DC exploration achievement I didn't have. :D
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Northern Elsweyr
    I love Stromhaven for all the memories and time spent.. but design of Northern Elsweyr is just crazy good. It is another much better level...
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Northern Elsweyr
    stormhaven looks generic and realistic
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stormhaven
    Not a fan of a giant litter box that nerfed my characters’ core attribute.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And Northern Elsweyr proves victorious!
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.