The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What would you think of one handed skill line?

basketcaseNZ
basketcaseNZ
✭✭
Hi everyone.

Wondering what you think to a one handed weapon skill, such as duelist or something. I tend to duel wield but I'm getting a bit tired of it. I don't like two handed because it doesn't seem right for a rogue. Weapon and shield is cool but I'm put off by the block icon and I don't like magic. I think one hand would be cool. Do you think its feasible? Is it something they might add?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been wanting One Hand & Rune ever since I watched the Elf in the trailers do her spellsword thing.
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really, to be honest. I mean, what would you do with that other hand? Would it just be empty? I'm really not sure that I've ever seen any game that did this. It doesn't really make much sense. Why would you have an empty hand, when you could just as well have a shield in it and be tanky, or a second weapon to deal more damage and be more versatile?

The only thing I could imagine would be to have a one-handed weapon in one and magic in the other hand - like a battlemage. But that would have to be a whole new class, pretty much, because the way the game is right now, it wouldn't work as a skill line. If it was, that would mean, you'd have to split your points between stamina and magicka to be effective with both and that just doesn't work very well, seeing as damage scales with the size of your resource pool.

So... no, I can not really see this happening or that it would even be a good idea.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• Flynch
    Flynch
    ✭✭✭✭
    On the one hand, it would be interesting... but on the other hand, i'm drawing a blank
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant you just slot a single one hand weapon now and use other skill lines to fill the bar?
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are def fighting styles that only use a weapon in one hand, so that wouldn't be that out of place. More agile and accurate, sometimes with moves that do use two hands. I'm no expert on it tho >_>

But a one-hand-and-spell or something skill line might make more sense ONLY because stam already has 4 weapon options, whereas mag only has 2. So a mag one or one that scales with stam or mag would be cool
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1h for magic plz
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh. If they add 1h & spell the 1st thing that comes to mind is "lazy". Assets (weapon models & animations) are already in the game. So pretty much all they have to do is to code the skills & passives.

Dont get me wrong, I would like to have a magicka melee weapon too, but I think it will be way better if they will add combat staff & spear hybrid melee weapon line, for both mag & stam.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not really, to be honest. I mean, what would you do with that other hand? Would it just be empty? I'm really not sure that I've ever seen any game that did this. It doesn't really make much sense. Why would you have an empty hand, when you could just as well have a shield in it and be tanky, or a second weapon to deal more damage and be more versatile?

The only thing I could imagine would be to have a one-handed weapon in one and magic in the other hand - like a battlemage. But that would have to be a whole new class, pretty much, because the way the game is right now, it wouldn't work as a skill line. If it was, that would mean, you'd have to split your points between stamina and magicka to be effective with both and that just doesn't work very well, seeing as damage scales with the size of your resource pool.

So... no, I can not really see this happening or that it would even be a good idea.

You would use it to pet your full size combat dragon. OR...
    Do the same thing they do with it in fencing.

• CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You would use it to pet your full size combat dragon. OR...
    Do the same thing they do with it in fencing.

I'm all for the first option. That would be so awesome! I'd gladly go one-handed/combat dragon any day!
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone.

Wondering what you think to a one handed weapon skill, such as duelist or something. I tend to duel wield but I'm getting a bit tired of it. I don't like two handed because it doesn't seem right for a rogue. Weapon and shield is cool but I'm put off by the block icon and I don't like magic. I think one hand would be cool. Do you think its feasible? Is it something they might add?

As I have mentioned variously across numerous threads now... ESO does need a new skill line this coming year. But it needs to be magica focus, NOT stamina.

Stamina gets, duel wield, 2 handed, sword n shield, bow, with further variation from the weapon type - swords, daggers, axes, maces (bows and shields).

Magica gets... Destruction staff. Realistically with fire or shock as staff "type".

Magica needs a new skill line ASAP. There are a few ways this could be implemented, my personal favourite would be a new 1 handed magica skill line, so the "weapon" is held in one hand, the other hand "casts". Variation in the type of 1h would be tomes (magic books), tablets and some kind of scepter (wand if you must call it this) - thus giving fire, shork and frost status.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see an un-armed skill line that's nothing but a collection of powerful passives that are only active when you have no weapons equipped. Maybe it could be worked so that the passives would have 1/2 potency if you have a single 1h weapon equipped? It'd also be cool if they added a new 1h weapon type that just converts all DW skills/passives to magicka-based abilities, and cause heavies to restore mag instead of stam.
  • ACamaroGuy
    ACamaroGuy
    ✭✭✭
    Use the offhand for flame/ice/shock or whatever magicka damage. Let's do like we did in Skyrim. The best of both worlds.
    For the Empire
  • Megatto
    Megatto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I definitely want 1h & spell.
    And spellcrafting! That would revive the game a bit more for me
    Remove loot boxes or riot