Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Make netch cost something.

• NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should cost something for all the stuff it does.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it needs a cost, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they removed the auto-cleanse mechanic. That was a dumb change.
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a Magden (PvP). Adding a cost wouldn't bother me at all.

I don't think its necessary, but sure, if you think it brings us back down to earth in terms of balance with other classes that have executes, gap closers, ranged stuns, become suddenly invisible, spammable skills that deal high damage, and have 2 class ability lines that aren't dedicated predominantly to defense, go ahead and add a cost.

We've all been saying for years that Magden is so OP and definitely not the least played class in the game since its release, right? After all, we can cleanse one debuff every 5 seconds for free. Whoaaa watch out!

Edited by xWarbrain on December 5, 2019 3:28PM
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »
    Make it need double-barring like sorc pets.

It is overloaded AF.

Warden has pretty much every useful major/minor buff in the game, best delayed damage ability, which is also AoE and provides Major Fracture or Breach.

Yet there are just as many magsorcs/magplars and even dk's..Idc either way, it gets nerfed and people will just cry about something else
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrbanMonk wrote: »
    Honestly at this point, IMO class skills are at a decent place. Ofc not everything is perfect and some skills on certain classes need to be looked at to make them better, but it still gives me no reason to go out and cry for change to class skills which I dont main.
    And yes I do main a MagDen but you'd never find me here asking for change/ nerf to skills of other classes.
    In Cyro everyday i encounter every class, sometimes i beat them sometimes they beat me. It's a part of gameplay and if certain class beats me too much, then i need to L2P better rather than coming here and whining.
    Yes netch is a powerful skills but then almost every class has one or 2 skills that seems Powerful when compared to other classes. For example, DK have fossilized, is there any so powerful stun skills on warden? Answer is NO. Sorcs have streak, do warden have anything similar? NO. Nighblades have sneak (broken but still) do wardens have anything similar? NO.
    Every class have something Unque and let it be that way. Dont try to turn this game into Skyrim Online PLEASE.

Cloak cost mag fossilize cost mag both can be countered by a simple pot and rendered useless
    Meanwhile free purges and buffs for wardens seems to make sense smh
    I'm not pining for nerfs but it does seem overloaded for a zero cost ability....
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it already costs a global CD
  • notvenousdrake
    notvenousdrake
    ✭✭✭
    Don’t you dare touch my Netch squishy 😡
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xWarbrain wrote: »

I don't think its necessary, but sure, if you think it brings us back down to earth in terms of balance with other classes that have executes, gap closers, ranged stuns, become suddenly invisible, spammable skills that deal high damage, and have 2 class ability lines that aren't dedicated predominantly to defense, go ahead and add a cost.

We've all been saying for years that Magden is so OP and definitely not the least played class in the game since its release, right? After all, we can cleanse one debuff every 5 seconds for free. Whoaaa watch out!

You can spam summon it to purge if im not mistaken.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luede wrote: »
    it already costs a global CD

Mark target for nb is similar in that it has zero cost but few slot it do you know why??
    Because it's a waste of a skill slot in most cases. It's not loaded with an auto purge that also buffs you while active nbs actually have to kill someone to reap the rewards of using it. Netch is overloaded denying it is wrong but I wouldn't expect people that play pay to win class to admit it

Edited by jadarock on December 5, 2019 9:40PM
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NinchiTV wrote: »
    xWarbrain wrote: »

You can spam summon it to purge if im not mistaken.

You can, but it is an extremely inefficient way to purge. You can remove 1 negative effect per GCD, so to remove 5 you need to do nothing but cast it 5 times - usually while taking damage or having negative effects reapplied.

If you went behind a rock and used it 5 times without taking damage, you could've just used Efficent Purge once instead and had your magicka back by then. The health you receive from the passive each time you cast is minimal even with Major Vitality, not enough to save you.

Don't get me wrong, its a nice added feature, but its not a feature I even think about - it sounds better on paper than actually relying on it as a purge.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pauls wrote: »
    After class execution

DK doesn't have class execute. And DK has Igneous Weapons instead of netch. What you will say to this? :trollface:
    I will say warden doesnt have nearly god mode 12s ultimate with max penetration which also gives back resources on activation.
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf sorcs
  • DRTE
    DRTE
    ✭✭✭✭
    After class execution

DK doesn't have class execute. And DK has Igneous Weapons instead of netch. What you will say to this? :trollface:
    I will say warden doesnt have nearly god mode 12s ultimate with max penetration which also gives back resources on activation.

max pen whut? idk about 12s ulti if that were the case i'd never run out of resources. battle roar was nurfed into the ground and its basically the only way to recover resources without having to double 5 set sustain sets. different on stam dk ofc but without battle roar mdk would be a dead class.
    DRAGON SPAWN

Tyrion septim. Stam DK
    Agneyastra. Mag DK
    Evil Buu. Mag Sorc
    Super Evil Buu. Stam Sorc
    Carmala Jabspammer. Magplar
    Get some help. Stamplar
    Plebby Longstockings. Stamblade
    Nightbot. Magblade
    Unslaad Krosis. Magden
    Dirty lich. Magcro
  • DRTE
    DRTE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerf sorcs

LOL sorc's ain't that bad
    DRAGON SPAWN

Tyrion septim. Stam DK
    Agneyastra. Mag DK
    Evil Buu. Mag Sorc
    Get some help. Stamplar
    Nightbot. Magblade
    Unslaad Krosis. Magden
    Dirty lich. Magcro
  • DRTE
    DRTE
    ✭✭✭✭
    just to be clear with no other sources of ulti gain it would take 41 seconds minimum to charge 125 ulti. blood spawn may bring that down to 30s and mountains blessing might proc 2 times in that space. so a total of 25s with a recovery of only 5.7k basically 1 to max of 2 skills on mdk.
    DRAGON SPAWN

Tyrion septim. Stam DK
    Agneyastra. Mag DK
    Evil Buu. Mag Sorc
    Get some help. Stamplar
    Nightbot. Magblade
    Unslaad Krosis. Magden
    Dirty lich. Magcro
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is OP has not looked at similar skills like what we have with the Templar and beyond. Templar's skill has a low cost but greater return of magicka/stamina. Also, different additional benefits.
    WTB LOL Button...

Pretty much my first thought.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DRTE wrote: »
    After class execution

then i'd like one too for mdk

You do and it heals you as well. It works differently but then again we do not want to homogenize everything and lose the little big of class identity we have. Want it to work like a Warden then play one.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's a nice skill.

Bull Netch
    Cast Time: Instant
    Cost: Nothing
    Skill description
    Call a bull netch to your side, which restores 4416 Stamina to you over 25 seconds and grants you Major Brutality and Sorcery, increasing your Weapon Damage and Spell Damage by 20%. Every 5 seconds, the netch removes 1 negative effect from you. Restores Stamina every second while active.

Blue Betty
    The same as above except:
    Restores Magicka every second while active.

PLUS these sweet passives:

Anytime one of your Animal Companion skills end, you are healed for 1260 Health.
    When you cast an Animal Companions ability while you are in combat, you generate 4 Ultimate. This effect can occur once every 8 seconds.
    Increases your Magicka and Stamina Recovery by 12% if an Animal Companion ability is slotted.
    Increases your damage done by 2% for each Animal Companion ability slotted.

Wowzer, that is really nice!

Other than this, I have nothing more to add to the topic.

Oh wait, wait, I have this -> Here it goes :'(

OK ok, I've got nothing else. Deep breaths

sigh
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    It's a nice skill.

Bull Netch
    Skill description
    Call a bull netch to your side, which restores 4416 Stamina to you over 25 seconds and grants you Major Brutality and Sorcery, increasing your Weapon Damage and Spell Damage by 20%. Every 5 seconds, the netch removes 1 negative effect from you. Restores Stamina every second while active.

Blue Betty

Anytime one of your Animal Companion skills end, you are healed for 1260 Health.
    When you cast an Animal Companions ability while you are in combat, you generate 4 Ultimate. This effect can occur once every 8 seconds.
    Increases your Magicka and Stamina Recovery by 12% if an Animal Companion ability is slotted.

sigh

Pretty much in line with OP. Look at the skill of one class and ignore the rest. As you can see many of us see through such smoke and mirrors.

As you said, you got nothing else.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    It's a nice skill.

Bull Netch
    Skill description

Blue Betty

sigh

Pretty much in line with OP. Look at the skill of one class and ignore the rest. As you can see many of us see through such smoke and mirrors.

Ignore what else? It's right there for anyone to read. This is a very nice skill and it is free to cast.

Bull Netch
    Skill description

Blue Betty

Edited by Dojohoda on December 6, 2019 12:35AM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heimpai wrote: »
    ThePedge wrote: »
    Make it need double-barring like sorc pets.

It is overloaded AF.

Warden has pretty much every useful major/minor buff in the game, best delayed damage ability, which is also AoE and provides Major Fracture or Breach.

Yet there are just as many magsorcs/magplars and even dk's..Idc either way, it gets nerfed and people will just cry about something else

MagDens are harder to play because your damage relies on delayed burst. Sure Ele weapon/Crushing Shock, Fletching and Cliff Racer all do good damage but you need to stack Deep Fissure too. If you don't hit that you pretty much aren't getting a kill.

MagPlars overturned as hell and I've joined discussions about those, don't worry.

It makes no sense how abilities like Netch and Toppling Charge are in the game, but NB fear can't stun and provide a debuff? Instead we'll add a new fear which also gives two minor buffs. Fantastic thinking.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If netch costed something I would just run rally. If it did get a cost I would request it give back more resources over a longer period of time. Better sustain on long fights.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    a free cast that purges once every 5s give back resources and give major sorc/brutality LMFAO

Don't worry, it's balanced. That's exactly why more and more wardens are appearing and its the class to be if you don't want to die. Now excuse me while I tilt the universe a bit to accommodate the skill.
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mayrael Mnb have sap essence (i personally wouldn’t slot it, but they do have it).
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WTB LOL Button...

but is it not true lol

Cost for netch?
    Why?
    From what perspective do you propose this?
    What class and content you play, where this little netch has bothered you?
    Coming here and asking for something without any feedback/ info, just in Air, proposing something is sign of brainlessness.

Most sustain skills have a tiny cost so it honestly makes sense especially for Netch since it has a purge.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    khajiitNPC wrote: »
    @Mayrael Mnb have sap essence (i personally wouldn’t slot it, but they do have it).

Yeah I know it but it's like saying that DK has ranged stun built in stonefist, but nobody would use it for this purpose. That's why it's even more frustrating because this always will be used by someone as counter argument "but you have access to this!" - yes in useless skill that gives you nothing except of that buff, and even to get that buff you need to meet requirements, you can't just cast it. That's why I will keep my statement that magblade doesn't have access to major sorcery.

Edit:
    Ofc beside of degeneration.
    Edited by Mayrael on December 8, 2019 8:01AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Putting a cost on a stat regen skill based is bad idea,
    However, it is stupid to get free purge.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    It's a nice skill.

Bull Netch
    Skill description

Blue Betty

sigh

Ignore what else? It's right there for anyone to read. This is a very nice skill and it is free to cast.

Bull Netch
    Skill description

Blue Betty

You are ignoring the rest of the game. Stating what a class can do and suggesting change based on that is meaningless because it is in a vacuum. It is irrelevant what the netch can do and how much it costs if you do not bother putting that into perspective with the rest of the game. I thought that would be pretty obvious when I said you are looking at the skills of one class and ignoring the rest.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    khajiitNPC wrote: »

Yeah I know it but it's like saying that DK has ranged stun built in stonefist, but nobody would use it for this purpose. That's why it's even more frustrating because this always will be used by someone as counter argument "but you have access to this!" - yes in useless skill that gives you nothing except of that buff, and even to get that buff you need to meet requirements, you can't just cast it. That's why I will keep my statement that magblade doesn't have access to major sorcery.

Edit:
    Ofc beside of degeneration.

By that logic only sorc and warden have acces to major sorcery.