Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pretty please. How to fix this horrible lag?

Cirantille
Cirantille
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hi people,

I mainly PvP but I already gave up on Cyrodiil because it seems to be beyond our fixing and happens to everyone.
But since last Friday in pve zones I am lagging too. Horribly. Am I the only one?
And I double checked my pc specs again, I am very well above the requirements. Plus internet seems to be working fine with other things or games. So how do I fix it?
I dont know what I am expecting but any suggestion like delete this, clear this, did you try turning your computer off and on kind of thing?
I thought at least I would clear zones and complete the game...

Ps. I also always played in high-settings smoothly (except cyrodiil or event zones), I even lowered to medium looking at this garbage looking graphs and still lagging
Edited by Cirantille on December 5, 2019 11:24AM
  • DRTE
    DRTE
    ✭✭✭✭
    no way to fix it's an issue most of us are having right now. we just have to wait it out and see what the next major update brings. if it brings nothing in the way of performance i'd say a lot more people most likely including myself will leave. degradation of performance has been an ongoing thing and it's time it stopped. fix performance more people will stick around. let it slip and people will just leave because the game is unplayable. 13mil accounts they reckon, yeah sure with 12 mil dead accounts smh.
    DRAGON SPAWN

Tyrion septim. Stam DK
    Agneyastra. Mag DK
    Evil Buu. Mag Sorc
    Super Evil Buu. Stam Sorc
    Carmala Jabspammer. Magplar
    Get some help. Stamplar
    Plebby Longstockings. Stamblade
    Nightbot. Magblade
    Unslaad Krosis. Magden
    Dirty lich. Magcro
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Imo, and the general opinion will be, there's nothing you can do about it since it's a server issue.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DRTE wrote: »
    no way to fix it's an issue most of us are having right now. we just have to wait it out and see what the next major update brings. if it brings nothing in the way of performance i'd say a lot more people most likely including myself will leave. degradation of performance has been an ongoing thing and it's time it stopped. fix performance more people will stick around. let it slip and people will just leave because the game is unplayable. 13mil accounts they reckon, yeah sure with 12 mil dead accounts smh.

I can't PvP already but if I can not PvE either, what am I going to do??? :|
  • DRTE
    DRTE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »

sadly thats the question we are all asking ourselves right now. there are other games yes but we want this one to work obviously but there's only so much waiting people can do before they decide F it and leave.
    DRAGON SPAWN

Tyrion septim. Stam DK
    Agneyastra. Mag DK
    Evil Buu. Mag Sorc
    Super Evil Buu. Stam Sorc
    Carmala Jabspammer. Magplar
    Get some help. Stamplar
    Plebby Longstockings. Stamblade
    Nightbot. Magblade
    Unslaad Krosis. Magden
    Dirty lich. Magcro
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's like a scab you just cant help but to pick at. I was obsessed with it last night.

Just firing buff abilities off away from fights trying to see how long after a weapon swap I had to wait to even attempt a skill without it activating the ability in that slot in the previous bar, how many times do I need to press the button; each buff seemingly different.

Watching my performance stats, I see FPS hold steady 55-60 because I keep settings down. I do see ping go from 165 when I first get in, to 250 once in Cyrodiil where it then spiked. Sometimes 350, sometimes 450. Random numbers all the way to the 900s!

I get speed test ready and wait for a spike. Maybe my PC is really having connection issues. Alt tab over as I spike to 500 and run the test. With ESO running I get ~90 down ~30 up.

It's a lost cause yet I obsessed over it because there really is nothing running the equivalent to Cyrodiil right now that isnt completely outdated. So here I am; waiting for this to get fixed, or something else to be more than just above vaporware.
  • MrBrownstone
    MrBrownstone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait. Is it actually lag (caused by ping) or do you have low fps? If you just started having low fps it has nothing to do with the servers and you have a hardware issue, maybe overheating. One of my friends had very low fps and I opened up his pc, we realized that the fan wasn't fully working so his pc was overheating. He got it fixed.
    Edited by MrBrownstone on December 5, 2019 12:29PM
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait. Is it actually lag (caused by ping) or do you have low fps? If you just started having low fps it has nothing to do with the servers and you have a hardware issue, maybe overheating. One of my friends had very low fps and I opened up his pc, we realized that the fan wasn't fully working so his pc was overheating. He got it fixed.

No, I lowered graphs in settings, I thought maybe it would help
    I also used fan-booster but still no effect :/
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

sadly thats the question we are all asking ourselves right now. there are other games yes but we want this one to work obviously but there's only so much waiting people can do before they decide F it and leave.

That was my first and only MMO but I'd be happy to learn about other options until it is fixed :/
    I am looking for something more medieval, fantasy type :|
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    It's like a scab you just cant help but to pick at. I was obsessed with it last night.

Just firing buff abilities off away from fights trying to see how long after a weapon swap I had to wait to even attempt a skill without it activating the ability in that slot in the previous bar, how many times do I need to press the button; each buff seemingly different.

Watching my performance stats, I see FPS hold steady 55-60 because I keep settings down. I do see ping go from 165 when I first get in, to 250 once in Cyrodiil where it then spiked. Sometimes 350, sometimes 450. Random numbers all the way to the 900s!

I get speed test ready and wait for a spike. Maybe my PC is really having connection issues. Alt tab over as I spike to 500 and run the test. With ESO running I get ~90 down ~30 up.

It's a lost cause yet I obsessed over it because there really is nothing running the equivalent to Cyrodiil right now that isnt completely outdated. So here I am; waiting for this to get fixed, or something else to be more than just above vaporware.

I even came to terms to accept medium quality settings even though my computer is able to run high and ultra high but the lag... :|

At least I was able to quest, what can possible cause a lag in Greenshade I mean :|
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just something to think about and something I have experienced. There are times when Windows is updating in the background and that will cause the game to lag out badly.
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Might be a little odd but just to be sure, you are using ethernet over wifi? I mean unless it's MU-MIMO wifi but I noticed substantial difference in acquiring a gaming router went from avg 40 - 100 ping to 8 and with the ethernet no more my side lag. Just throwing this out there.
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most nodes now require 2 clicks to farm.

S.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do we have degradation after every dlc/patch?
    All these people blaming the desync and lag on everything other than the code and server load.
    Ridiculous.
    Zos is just going to keep introducing more content until the game legitimately stops functioning (unless you're an rper). Then they will take all the cash they made on idiots in the crown store and close up shop

• FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

On PC EU logging in is the endgame atm

That and appreciation of load screen art :)
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In the past I had unbearable lag after an update. My solution was to update all my addons.

If you have unbearable lag I would:
    - Update addons
    - Restart Modem/Router/Computer
    - Pray it works

Also I think if there are other members in your family that are streaming videos or playing other games online, it might cause your game to disconnect or lag more than normal.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)