The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bow/bow warden build for Pvp?

Aelorin
Aelorin
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi everyone,

I am levelling a bow/bow warden that i want to use for PvP. I am not the best at PvP, so any tips and tricks are welcome.

For starters: He is an Argonian, because I just like the combo Argonian + Warden skills.

I was thinking of using Bahraha's curse (70% speed reduction for enemies) + Barkskin (50% snare duration reduction) or Ranger (snare effetiveness duration) - That way i can be very mobile, but I think maybe I will not have enough punch because of no crit or weapon damage in those sets.

For skills I would use:
Offensive bar: Growing Swarm - Cliff Racer - Poison Injection - Shalks - Bird of Prey - Toxic Barrage
Defensive bar: Magnum Shot - Shimmering Shield - Green lotus - Frost cloak - Bull Netch - Permafrost

Not sure about which traits and enchants for the bows though.
So where are the flaws, what could be improved?
And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tried Bahraha multiple times on various builds and I just rarely benefit from the 5pc bonus in real fights. It's good when it works but that's rare in my experience. Barkskin is good but seems to make more sense on a tanky build rather than a mobility-focused build. It'd be better to just remove snares immediately and stay on the move. Maybe use Race Against Time instead of Bird of Prey? A bit of a damage loss, but an option.

For bow builds, I love making rolly pollies. Impregnable Armor + Bone Pirate/Shacklebreaker + Troll King.. all medium well-fitted. With a bow it's super zippy. Even better if your change the race to Wood Elf or Orc but Argonian works.

I like the bar setup. You could squeeze out a little extra damage on the front bar if you swap places between the Netch and Poison Injection. Otherwise just use Mundus stone and jewelry glyphs/traits to find a comfortable balance between damage and sustain.
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi m8,

I don't think your build will hold up. You will lack in both damage and healing capabilites.
    Double bow builds are challenging to being with and are not recommended for new players.
    Also, an Argonian will not be great for a Bow/Bow build and because you are gimped already, you will have MinMax the hell out of your build.
    I recommend wood elf

Bow builds got 2 things going for it in PVP. Speed on dodge roll and cit chance. Rest of the passives will scale only with bow skills which doesn't do high dmg to begin with in PvP. So it will probably will be a good idea to build for high crit damage and dodge roll synergies. You will also have to kite a lot, so adding speed will be beneficial as well.

I recommend: Senche's Bite(front bar)+ Gryphon's Ferocity(body)+master bow(back bar) Monster set - Balorgh(?).

Regarding your bar setup, I know it is unintuitive, but your Magnum Shot should be on your front bar, it is a very helpful tool to line up a burst combo. Poison Injection on your back bar to add dot pressure and activate master bow.

You also must have vigor, no way around it, Green lotus is not a reliable pvp heal.

Consider taking bombard, it is probably best root on demand skill in the game and will work very nicely with Magnum Shot to line up the combo. Shalks can be on your back bar to activate together with poison injection to set up a combo.
    Bar setup should be something like that: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=195201
    Edited by Lughlongarm on December 3, 2019 12:13PM
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ketsparrowhawk Thanks for your insight. So Braha is not as good in reality then on paper. I did put the Netch on the back bar for the extra recovery 12%.

@Lughlongarm Thank you for your in depth explanation. So vigor is better then any other heal from the warden tree? I thought that bombard would give a CC immunity? And last but not least: Turret is better then toxix barrage?
    Thanks for the link. I am gonna try it out on test server. Still need to get the master bow.

I am so in love with my Argonian, it is hard to give the race up. I actually switched from Bosmer to Argonian, because i really did not like the looks of the Bosmer. I have to think some more about that part.
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aelorin wrote: »
    @ketsparrowhawk Thanks for your insight. So Braha is not as good in reality then on paper. I did put the Netch on the back bar for the extra recovery 12%.

@Lughlongarm Thank you for your in depth explanation. So vigor is better then any other heal from the warden tree? I thought that bombard would give a CC immunity? And last but not least: Turret is better then toxix barrage?
    Thanks for the link. I am gonna try it out on test server. Still need to get the master bow.

I am so in love with my Argonian, it is hard to give the race up. I actually switched from Bosmer to Argonian, because i really did not like the looks of the Bosmer. I have to think some more about that part.

Hi,

-Ya, for stamina builds, vigor is the most powerful heal. I added to the bar the Warden ulti heal to proc major mending when you absolutely need it.

-Bombard is a root, not a CC(for cc you need to break free and after you will get 6 sec CC immunity, for root you need to dodge roll and after you will get 2 sec root immunity). So magnum shot+bombard is double pain, you need to break free and dodge roll to get out.

-Turret is better in pvp because you don't need to channel the skill, you can preform other actions while your Turret doing its thing. Very good combo with your CC/Root capabilities.

-Argonian is great and even BiS for some builds, but for a Bow/Bow I just can't think of a ways to make good use of its passives. Usually I would say every race will do, but like I said before, bow/bow build is already a challenge as is.
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for your fast reply. I did not know about the root and the immunity. I am definitely gonna try this out.
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why not just run bow on one bar and backbar a 2h for heals and an execute? You could have snipe, magnum, and shalks/swarm on the bow bar and swap to 2h close range for when all of that hits at once. You could even have onslaught on the 2h bar for even more disrespect.
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marksman Morag tong redguard arteam food master bow + brp bow lover stone sharp on brp with double dmg poisons infused weapon dmg on master

Tri stat big pieces, max stam rest infused/robust for jewels

Front: sub assault, flies, acid spray, magnum shot,bird of prey, flawless dawn breaker

Back: ice fortress, poison injection, bull netch, shuffle/mushrooms/shimmering, vigor, trees

Have fun
    Edited by JobooAGS on December 3, 2019 4:50PM
  • jorgeh401b14_ESO
    jorgeh401b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    my bow/bow warden build went loke this,

shieldbreaker 2 body 3 jewelry,
    spriggins 5 body no monster sets,

agility bow on both bars

all your damage needs to hit for the combo to work.
    front bar
    poison injection, subterranean assault, bird of pray, cutting dive, crushing weapon. ult ballista.

back bar
    bombard, bull netch, crystallized slab, frozen device, arctic blast.

once you get a target

sub, crushing, light attack, cutting , poison. if all of this hits you will only need crushing, light attack, cutting to finish them off.

bombard to keep them rolling and wasting stam. frozen device at your feet at all time, the best defensive tool in the game. will port cloke nb, an has a heave damage debuff.
    arctic blast is your main heal.

i use a dark-elf warden
    "Once I'm done with the three questing zones I will travel to cyrodiil and make my claim to the throne."

Key Binds Guide For PS4 to Change the Weapon Swap Button
    PS4 / NA server
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for your fast reply. I did not know about the root and the immunity. I am definitely gonna try this out.

Np, I completed the build so you can review what I had in mind(it is fully buffed and proced, with battle spirit but without cyrodiil buffs).

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=195201

I decided to go with troll as monster set for the extra survivability, the potion I imagined for this build is the potion that gives physical resistance, stamina, health. Double dot poison on front bar weapon.

Keep in mind that this build damage is coming from the crits chance+ damage.
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lughlongarm i tried most of your build. Have no master weapon, and there is no senche bow in the build stores. So i tot an agility bow and senche 2 hander. First BG i ended first. Should even be better with all the right weapons. So thanks for helling me.

@JobooAGS i also tried your build, without the arena weapons. I find it odd that you use 2 arena weapons. You will loose the morag tong 5th. Bonus on front bar that way. So with morag tong bow and agility bow i also ended first on my first BG. So thanks for your advice.

So gonna test both builds some more to see which one performs best.

Oh and i made a cute little female Bosmer.

PS. Is anyone is on PC EU and has a Senche s bow for sale, I will hapily buy.
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lughlongarm i tried most of your build. Have no master weapon, and there is no senche bow in the build stores. So i tot an agility bow and senche 2 hander. First BG i ended first. Should even be better with all the right weapons. So thanks for helling me.

@JobooAGS i also tried your build, without the arena weapons. I find it odd that you use 2 arena weapons. You will loose the morag tong 5th. Bonus on front bar that way. So with morag tong bow and agility bow i also ended first on my first BG. So thanks for your advice.

You finished BG at first place twice with a bow/bow build? I thought you were a new player, lol.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You dont lose the 5th piece on tong at all. You just dont use a monster set. TBH I personally run skoria marksman and tong 7 med (marksman bows but I have marksman helmet and shoulders for when I get another masters + brp bows) and it works really well. With the future swap, I expect to gain more damage as skoria represents a low portion of my damage with a minimal impact on my surviability. I suggested 2 arena weapons as the brp dot is very potent especially with tong and master's bow is just free weapon damage.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am pretty far from being a PVP expert.

But I do have a bow/bow build that I use in PVP. Mine is a Nightblade Woodelf. This is the pvp character I have had most success with.

Personally I do not see what you are gaining from your current build, by having a 2nd bow - youre only using 2 active bow skills, so unless I have missed something (entirely possible) bow/bow may be sub optimal and worth considering changing out for alternative weapons that give you some usable skills/passives for the build.

For what its worth, I am using every bow skill across my two bars. Lethal Arrow, Endless Hail, Magnum Shot, Acid Spray, Poison Injection and Ballista. Although I regularly drop Magnum Shot as I use this mainly for certain BG maps to knock people off of high places ;-)
    Edited by Grianasteri on December 5, 2019 12:15PM
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bow/bow warden is fun. Try to join a normal asylum pug to get an asylum bow. Shalks, acid spray, then snipe. Snipe and shalks go off at the same time leading to a dead opponent. Use ballista ult and poison injection for tankier targets. Everything else is buffs and defensive skills. I recommend flawless dawnbreaker front bar for the damage buff alone. Agility, trollking, asylum front bar, masters/potentates back bar. Your body is seasoned to taste. Griffons, new moon acolyte, hundings, bone pirate, spriggans could all work.