The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bug Report: Wayrest Sewers dungeon - Uulgarg the Risen "fearing" players inside walls and objects

RefLiberty
RefLiberty
✭✭✭✭✭
As title say.

Location detail: at Uulgarg the Risen boss location

Occasionally, when Uulgarg the Risen cast his fear ability, it can "fear" the player into the walls or the tent, where the player is stuck and unable to get by normal means (walking, jumping, rolling)

Situation 1:
Boss Fear ability moved the player into the wall where the player is stuck and unable to get out:

souoo8gkso82.png

zb99lwm20hxk.png

Situation 2:
Boss Fear ability can "fear" the player inside the tent marked on the picture, where the player is stuck and unable to get out since it is a closed object:

hp9y1pyt489q.png

Edited by RefLiberty on November 3, 2019 9:10PM
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens a lot lately. The desert lion boss in Volenfell feared me through a rock into the void beneath the world.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens a lot lately. The desert lion boss in Volenfell feared me through a rock into the void beneath the world.

So it is a Fear ability issue it seems, not the objects, where the feared character ignoring obstacles it seems.
    Anyway, bug reported, we did what we can.

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is highly concerning.

I thought that 'feature' was reserved for CoH II...
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a fan of the whole gear mechanic in any game, actually. Being temporarily unable to act would have mostly the same effect but eliminate getting stuck in objects and architecture.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also had a party member get feared into a wall on Uulgarg. Eventually they were able to /stuck or port to a party member.
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also had a party member get feared into a wall on Uulgarg. Eventually they were able to /stuck or port to a party member.

Yep, I posted this report cos I saw it myself numerous times there, it is not an isolated case, I hope this thread will be seen by ZOS team. As Merlin said, it is a highly concerning bug as it is a game breaker.
    Edited by RefLiberty on November 3, 2019 10:04PM
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've fallen through the stairs in the same room several times over the years as well. Wayrest seems to be the absolute worst dungeon for getting in walls and stuff.

The Big Bone Daddy in Crypt of Hearts I (death's leviathan) does it as well when he charges, except he's ultra special in that not only can he push YOU through the wall if you're beside it, he can go through it too, making killing him a HUGE nuisance as he gets stuck and then you have LA/HA him to death.
    Edited by lagrue on November 4, 2019 5:09AM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • ACamaroGuy
    ACamaroGuy
    ✭✭✭
    Happens a bunch in CoH, Xbox NA
    For the Empire
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happens with the first boss in Blessed Crucible as well.