Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

One-Hand and Shield Skill Line

Jabbs_Giggity
Jabbs_Giggity
✭✭✭✭✭
Would like to see the 1H/Shield Skill Line to be reworked for more optimal DPS on Mag and Stam characters, instead of a go-to Tank setup. Albeit though, I do not want to "trade-off" Tankability for DPS builds.

One tweak I would like to see is an option for more ways to get Major Sorcery/Brutality (suggestion below), as some classes have access to neither in their toolkit and access to Sorcery outside of Class kit is limited to Spell Power Pots or Degeneration.

Suggestion: Rework Defensive Posture
Base Rework - Increase Health by 10% of your Max Health
Morph 1 Rework - "Phalanx" Increases Armor up to 3500 based on your Max Health (Same way damage shield scales on current ability) **Retains the Heal absorbed on projectiles.
Morph 2 Rework - "Offensive Posture" - Gain Major Brutality/Sorcery and increase Attack Speed by 10% (This would effective allow any skill with over a 1GCD to be reduced by .1+) **Alternative to Increase Movement Speed by 10%

"Sword and Board" Passive:
Increases your Weapon Damage or Spell Damage (whichever is higher) by 3/6% and the amount of damage you can block by 10/20%.

I would like to see ZOS take a more active approach to options for skill lines to benefit both Mag and Stam builds, versus one or the other. Obviously Staff and 2H(or Bow) skill lines should be the go-to for one or the other, but they can make changes to allow DW or SnB to scale on build type. Use the Build Helper tool to effectively allow a person to actually select Mag or Stam builds and have it alter certain Skill Lines to that choice similar to how Battle Spirit alters stats in PVP versus PVE.
  • nesakinter
    nesakinter
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only class that would primary benefit from this is magplar so a direct NO from me. Fight me but I believe magplar should never have more mobility or the way to get Major Sorcery as a self-buff without a target.

Your suggestion is very very obviously biased towards Templar. Only class that uses S&B and lacks Major Sorcery. Only class with a class skill having higher 1GCD channel time. Class with lesser mobility than other classes. Your suggestion is tailor made to help magplars.
    Edited by nesakinter on December 2, 2019 5:20PM
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no.

Increases your Weapon Damage or Spell Damage (whichever is higher) by 3/6% and the amount of damage you can block by 10/20%.

and this passive is 3/5%, not 6%.
    Edited by OG_Kaveman on December 2, 2019 5:20PM
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah.

While your last paragraph has some sentiment I think a lot of players could get behind -- that is to say, making more weapon sets work for more than just mag or just stam -- everything else, especially having access to major damage buffs on every class, is something I think we need to move away from. Different classes should solve the same problem in different ways, so classes don't just feel like a skin for your abilities. Magicka templar may have to access major sorc through a potion, but it gets minor sorc through class buffs and deals a lot of damage through melee and channels thanks to the spear skill line... Whereas a magicka sorc might get it through a class castable buff, be able to use tri pots, and be able to deal damage via delayed damage skills instead of channels and melee. Both solve the major buff problem in different ways, and both deal damage in different ways.

That's identity, and it's healthy.
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »
    no.

and this passive is 3/5%, not 6%.

I'm more than aware of the 3/5 current stat. Most skills that were like this have been changed in recent patches.
    nesakinter wrote: »
    The only class that would primary benefit from this is magplar so a direct NO from me. Fight me but I believe magplar should never have more mobility or the way to get Major Sorcery as a self-buff without a target.

Your suggestion is very very obviously biased towards Templar. Only class that uses S&B and lacks Major Sorcery. Only class with a class skill having higher 1GCD channel time. Class with lesser mobility than other classes. Your suggestion is tailor made to help magplars.

I am a Stamplar Main, but no this is not a "bias" post. I did not illustrate a suggestion based on Templars in mind. You are correct in most of your statement aiming towards Magplar abilities. However, there are plenty of skills that would benefit, Templar aside. Heavy attacking is a primary benefit both in DPS and Tanking from this suggestion. D-Swing and Flurry are two more examples of Channels that would benefit. Soul Assault, Ballista are more channels that would benefit.

In reference to the final paragraph, if implemented with Skill Lines like DW this could benefit nearly all Mag characters into playing a more Melee-based character, since new weapon lines clearly are not being introduced.
    Rahar wrote: »
    Nah.

While your last paragraph has some sentiment I think a lot of players could get behind -- that is to say, making more weapon sets work for more than just mag or just stam -- everything else, especially having access to major damage buffs on every class, is something I think we need to move away from. Different classes should solve the same problem in different ways, so classes don't just feel like a skin for your abilities. Magicka templar may have to access major sorc through a potion, but it gets minor sorc through class buffs and deals a lot of damage through melee and channels thanks to the spear skill line... Whereas a magicka sorc might get it through a class castable buff, be able to use tri pots, and be able to deal damage via delayed damage skills instead of channels and melee. Both solve the major buff problem in different ways, and both deal damage in different ways.

That's identity, and it's healthy.

I agree 100% in your statement, but allowing more options does not negate identity. Food for thought...
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree 100% in your statement, but allowing more options does not negate identity. Food for thought...

No it doesn't, not until you get to the "everybody has a class ability like surge" level; but putting both buffs on a weapon skill is the next best thing. Need proof? Look at how often 2h is used in every stamina build vs. another line due to the good buffs and burst healing, which stam builds often lack inherently*. What's the reason to not run 2h? It's too accessible and has no comparable choices. You can draw the same conclusion with magplar and your proposed change, which would lead to a similar paradigm shift... and probably not just for magplar, but for many mag and stam classes because of the accessibility and how effective the buff(s) are. One "option" shouldn't be the best solution in all cases, even across a single class.

However, running a potion or a targeted debuff provides an already satisfactory option that retains some kind of choice between one skill set and another, and an implied cost. I run spell power pots on my magsorc because I don't like the cost of running surge.

*: 2h is fine, though. The other options just need to have more value.

NeRf MaGsOrC
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rahar wrote: »

*: 2h is fine, though. The other options just need to have more value.

Exactly this. I think Rally's the one skill keeping 2h above others. Giving DW easier access to Major Brutality and possible buffing Flurry, would go a long way.

As for the OP, no. I don't think SnB skill line needs to be helping magicka builds.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The skill line is not intended to be a dps weapon line by design.

Choosing that weapon line it specifically choosing to gain some defensive at the cost of some offensive benefit. The changes suggested hardly sacrifice much defense so neither change makes sense.