The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

One-piece set weapons

Araxyte
Araxyte
✭✭✭✭
Personally I would love to see a buff given to some of the 1-piece set weapons such as the asylum staff. Currently, it feels like these weapons are far inferior to the typical meta and even beginner setups. And even when you do need that force shock interrupt, it is better to use something that gives a 5 piece bonus like mother's sorrow. With the introduction of certain sets and abilities that apply minor vulnerability, it makes the asylum staff further redundant.

Maybe I'm being biased towards the asylum staff as I love the visual effect of force pulse? It does have its niche uses in places like Maelstrom Arena, but that's not enough for me and a few others. I don't think they should be buffed to the point where it's the meta, but it would be nice to see it play some kind of end-game trial role... or maybe it already does? This goes for the other long forgotten 1 piece weapons from various trials and arenas. Some of the 3 piece jewellery sets got a buff, but it wasn't enough to make a difference.

What are other's thoughts on this? Is anyone else bored of the same 5+5+2 piece meta builds?
| All classes | PC EU |
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think if you give the weapons another standard set bonus like spell/weapon damage, regen or pen that would alleviate the issue.

Usually the way to frontbar a special weapon is pairing with a 3 piece jewel set, which would give 2 set boni, so the weapon should have the other 2.

Also the special weapon effect must be on par with current 5 set pieces for this to work. I dont really see asylum effect even close to what Mother Sorrow can do, for example.

Maybe if the Asylum Staff 2 piece also increased the damage of force pulse or applied some buff to you after casting the skill...
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asylum Inferno Staff is one of the best weapons for PvP on Magsorc, Magblade. Asylum Bow is one of the few good ways to make a good PvP bowbuild. Asylum 2H is great with Balorgh PvP setups. Asylum Restro and S&B has some very niche use cases though. Asylum DW is pretty much useless though.

It is the same case for most Arena weapon sets, where they are great for PvP but limited usecase in PvE comparatively.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want 1 PC sets but we need to have class specific buffs introduced.

For example:

Shadow's Embrace
    (Nightblade Weapon)
    1 PC: Adds 3 seconds to Shadowy Disguise.

Kiss of Thunder
    (Sorcerer Weapon)
    1 PC: Casting Hardened Ward within 7m of an enemy deals X Shock damage to them.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class specific 1 pieces are a very meme and good idea, thing is, they dont want class diversity, last few patches proves it. It feels like they killed every good skills that are class specific, and leave less diversity in builds between different classes. They decided to make everyone play the same so it is easier to "balance"