The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Game does not hide a taskbar in windowed fullscreen mode

maboleth
maboleth
✭✭✭✭✭
I always play in Windowed fullscreen mode. However, since yesterday, the game never hides my task bar. I use Windows 10. I checked the taskbar settings and found nothing that I could change there.

The current solution is to play in Fullscreen mode.

Edited by maboleth on June 1, 2018 8:26AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @maboleth

You should have an option to automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode. This can be accessed with the following steps.
    1. Right-click on the taskbar.
    2. Select Settings on the context menu.
    3. Make sure Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode is on.

Please let us know if this makes a difference. You may need to restart your PC for the setting to take effect.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have it setup to hide task bar in desktop mode and it works as expected outside of the game but not with the game open the issue is likely on your side, not the game.

Sometimes an window in the background that has an active message might push the taskbar to the forefront, but that may depend on what mode you run the game in. However, I run the game in Windowed (Fullscreen) and rarely have an issue with the task bar.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! I managed to get this fixed. I reinstalled Nvidia driver with reset settings.
  • pgorbas_ESO
    pgorbas_ESO
    ✭✭
    This suddenly started happening to me, in the middle of a game.

I groaned when I read the previous solution of reinstalling video drivers.

I got it fixed by doing a laptop power restart.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this thread is over a year old we will be closing the discussion. You are welcome to start a new thread if there is an issue you need help with.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.