The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Does anyone have a tanky healer set up for magden?

NoFlash
NoFlash
✭✭✭
I was thinking pariah jewelry and weapons and a support set. 5-1-1 Are there better sets I could use? this would be for a full 24man raid or mostly 12 man . what traits should i use for jewelry?
Edited by NoFlash on November 27, 2019 10:20AM
Daggerfall Covenant

The Ninja Squirrels
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not a healer but if you wish to go pariah, Troll King could be a good 2 piece monster to pair with it. That being said, TK may not be the best monster set to use and Earthgore may be more beneficial for large group play. I’ve seen some suggest bogden if the group can stay pretty stacked. Bloodspawn is another good option if you want to support heals more with the Tree Ult. The other 5 piece could be transmutation as it provides extra Crit resistance. Going Transmutation allows you to front bar it and run another two piece back bar, which could be a MSA Resto, Potentates Resto for even more Defence. If going Potentates I’d try to get a Transmutation Resto and Potentates Sword and Board, which would provide the best defenses I believe. The only downside is that your max mag and recovery might be on the lower end and might make your heals not as strong and thus require more resources to heal. You could play around with Necropotence since it can be pretty strong on MagDen but it should be a full body set.

Jewelry Traits are kind of depending on stats, you could go Triune, Protective, Infused, Arcane. All depends on what your stats are after you figure out the sets. If you feel you need more stam, then Triune on some/all jewelry plus tri glyphs on armor/shield would help greatly. Need bigger heals or more recovery, infused plus jewelry glyphs for mag recovery/stam recovery And/or spell damage. More resistances from protective IF you need them, which I highly doubt if your run pariah and it’s negated by onslaught anyway. Arcane for a higher Mag Pool. You could even try swift but I don’t think it’s necessary, especially if you run Race Against Time for snare/immobilize immunity. All depends on what you need really, jewelry traits are what I usually do last when making a build so I can cater it to what I need.

Like I said, I’m not a healer, well not currently at least. I have healed a bit in the past so that’s what I’m offering feedback from. Take it with a grain of salt since I am far from an expert and I’m sure others could give much better advice than myself.
    Edited by Valykc on November 27, 2019 3:45PM
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    My bad read magden and thought templar. Earthgore is best imo for healing and magden has shimmering shield for building ultimate and shuts down ranged enemies. I personally always have sword and board on my healer for extreme survivability. Block casting heals is a life saver. Jorvulds guidance is a great set for boosting all buffs to a group, not real easy to get though. Orlime if I spelled it right is another strong healing set. Transmutation is also in a large group extremely powerful for keeping people alive, have used it. Depending on how you intend to use your healer is what traits you will want. I personally infuse spell power for stronger healing. Warden netch gives major sorcery and has a purge built in very useful. I build around that. Vampire passive for damage reduction works really well with pariah. You'll be very hard to kill. Like never die to 1v1. Light armor is going to be hard to stay alive when you get heavily targeted. Mist form would help a lot there if that's the direction you wish to go. I am a heavily armored healer damn near a tank lol. 33000 resistance is soft cap. Going over by the amount you can be fractured and breached will protect you from that being a problem. That resistance is supposed to equal like a 50% damage mitigation. Valykc has some great points as well, for not much healing as you say you do know well enough. Anymore questions will certainly do my best to help.
    Edited by Spartabunny08 on November 27, 2019 4:34PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You aren’t the only healer are you? Transmutation’s the best healing set, but it makes more sense for a templar to do it.

Pariah + X support set + Bloodspawn or 2x armour 1 pieces or Nightflame
    Ritual Mundus
    3x infused mag recovery glyphs

That’d be a solid setup. Options for sets:
    - gossamer
    - Seducer
    - one that reduces everyone’s mag costs
    - Transmutation

I think those are the best and I haven’t forgotten anything. There’s also Ult gen setups but I think they’re overrated for healers.
    Edited by Iskiab on November 27, 2019 7:27PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a Magden healer in group you will also want to have Permafrost up as much as possible, so bloodspawn is nice, if your group has 12 to 24 you are not the only healer, and the Permafrost gives great benefit--major protection. Also some Magdens build harmony builds for group play if no Necro is avail.. Anyway with Bloodspawn you can do back to back trees, or have pretty good uptime on permafrost. You can even Perma then Trees within seconds. If you are the harmony build for group, you will want to wear Vicious Death/Spinners.

Many healers also wear Symphony of Blades, which is great for group resources.
    Edited by Hexquisite on December 1, 2019 12:38AM
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    i've found pariah and sanctuary to be very successful, with either bloodspawn, lord warden or thurvokin monster and brp resto backbar

currently experimenting with jewelry traits. infused is the most comfortable for sustain obviously but curious about harmony, as well as triune--especially because the burst heal i'm using, polar wind, scales off max health
    Edited by nryerson1025 on November 29, 2019 9:16AM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i've found pariah and sanctuary to be very successful, with either bloodspawn, lord warden or thurvokin monster and brp resto backbar

currently experimenting with jewelry traits. infused is the most comfortable for sustain obviously but curious about harmony, as well as triune--especially because the burst heal i'm using, polar wind, scales off max health

I’ve tried triune and didn’t like it, you get more bang with infused mag regen. Harmony depends on setting, I don’t think it’d be good for healers.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

I’ve tried triune and didn’t like it, you get more bang with infused mag regen. Harmony depends on setting, I don’t think it’d be good for healers.

yes so far it seems like the synergies still don't really hit for anything significant...even with 3 gold harmony
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

yes so far it seems like the synergies still don't really hit for anything significant...even with 3 gold harmony

I tried something similar, but not 3 gold harmony, and CPs were the main thing getting in the way. PvP healers usually have lack of pen and dps CPs.

I’d try it in no-CP and focus more on max stats. Should get better results. By that I mean instead of healing done modifiers just go for sp, magicka and sustain. Sort of spec’d like a dps but focusing more on sustain.

In a BG it might be rough outside a premade, but I find that’s the best place to test things.
    Edited by Iskiab on November 29, 2019 4:40PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭

I tried something similar, but not 3 gold harmony, and CPs were the main thing getting in the way. PvP healers usually have lack of pen and dps CPs.

I’d try it in no-CP and focus more on max stats. Should get better results. By that I mean instead of healing done modifiers just go for sp, magicka and sustain. Sort of spec’d like a dps but focusing more on sustain.

In a BG it might be rough outside a premade, but I find that’s the best place to test things.

Thank you, based on what I'm seeing this all seems very accurate. Obviously I can't have both but I'm hesitant to sacrifice the healing modifiers being typically the only healer in the groups I run in.

Someone told me that synergy damage scales purely off spell penetration, but that doesn't really make much sense. Why wouldn't it also scale off Max Magicka and spell damage like you're saying. Any chance you could confirm this?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your running with such a large group why worry about being that tanks? I usually heal when I group which is most often 5-6 man. Outside of inpen I and 5 pc HA i don’t stress about being tanky. We have to be very unnumbered for my survival to be an issue. However I figure it may work in my favor to be in a well run small group vs the size OP mentions.

Edit: BGs would be different but that doesn’t seem to be what OP runs.
    Edited by idk on November 30, 2019 9:29PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anyone ever try out the undertaker set?
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Transmutation is still really nice. You could also go with impregnable or brass fortress if you want a less expensive test of setup. I regularely combine one of those to go with others.

For monster sets, I would recommend Nightflame, it has an awesome proc rate.
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You’re right, @Iskiab.

I think a harmony build would be interesting to try in BGs ... but now we’re getting away from the OP’s goal of healing half raids and full raids in Cyrodiil.

With harmony traits on jewelry, a 5-piece allocated to damage, and CP allocated to support a harmony build ... how much is a Magden actually healing under those restrictions?

On my Magden Healer, sustain is already pretty demanding with two (2) healing support sets and 100 points in Blessed and Elfborn ... and that’s in CP Kaalgrontid. This isn’t PvE raiding ... where players can “shrug off” total heals-per-second during certain phases of a boss.

In other words, Harmony builds are great on a PvP Support Magden or on a PvE Healer ... but not on a PvP Raid Healer.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on December 1, 2019 4:11AM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, talking about harmony is a bit of a derail, but I’m not sure how they work.

The tooltip of any synergy you provide is effected by your damage stats. How much of the total damage is from the person giving the synergy and how much is from the person activating the synergy?

As a guess...

Person giving the synergy:
    Provides the base tooltip amount. With higher stats the tooltip goes up but I’m not sure what contributes to the tooltip.

Person using the synergy:
    Can multiply the base damage with the harmony trait, but I’m not sure if short term damage buffs can buff it as well... so there’s no difference if the person who’s using the synergy has something like berserk? I’m guessing the penetration of the person using the synergy matters and not the person giving the synergy.
    Edited by Iskiab on December 1, 2019 4:36AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, thank you. Sorry to derail!
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    EvoAZN wrote: »
    I was thinking pariah jewelry and weapons and a support set. 5-1-1 Are there better sets I could use? this would be for a full 24man raid or mostly 12 man . what traits should i use for jewelry?

My mate runs this and it's bonkers! Really hard to take down and heals in PvP. Hopefully, this helps :)
    https://youtu.be/DhNsq6-zydk

Enjoy!
    Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Transmutation, Gossamer, Earthgore...
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • roflcopter
    roflcopter
    ✭✭✭

Pariah or Reactive / Heartland / infused Jewelry with mag regen / Lady Mundus / Earthgore or bloodspawn. Run Barrier ulti on both bars

I sit inside a zerg or on a ram and take care of everything. Have someone else in your group run transumation, not needed but always helpful as you will have a ton of resistances anyways from Pariah and Ice Fortress and Mundus.

I run mag / stam drain poisons on all weapons so trait for me doesn't matter

I run Divine on my Pariah to boost my mundus resistances.

Have your CP full on mitigating direct damage because of uppercuts and onslaughts.

S/B
    Ice Run
    Polar Wind
    Unstoppable Brute
    Ice Fortress
    Shimmering

Run most of your ice skills on the sword and board bar for the passive boosts

Ice Staff
    Seige Shield
    Polar Wind
    Channeled Acceleration
    Budding Seeds
    Green Betty

I use green betty for the stam regen because Witchimothers will get me up to 2.5k mag regen which is more than enough when blocking on both bars and your brute.
    Edited by roflcopter on December 5, 2019 2:55PM
    Xbox One | NA | AD
    GM - OK LOL
    Warden Stuff
    Ex - Trials Core 1 Runner - Left and couldn't be happier
  • roflcopter
    roflcopter
    ✭✭✭

My mate runs this and it's bonkers! Really hard to take down and heals in PvP. Hopefully, this helps :)
    https://youtu.be/DhNsq6-zydk

Enjoy!

First thing I noticed here was for having 50k resistances, he does take a ton of damage consistently having to take care of himself.

Wonder why
    Xbox One | NA | AD
    GM - OK LOL
    Warden Stuff
    Ex - Trials Core 1 Runner - Left and couldn't be happier