The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Area Change/Loading Issues - Alinor (Summerset)

Sylianwe
Sylianwe
✭✭✭
Greetings, after having reported this issue in-game, looking for a thread here and keeping myself updated with the current game fixes; I feel inclined to address this separately.

80% of the time I walk into the bank/inn/Temple of the Divines of Alinor, or walk out, my screen freezes and the game crashes. I have no choice then but to perform a hard reset.

Things I have done to try and fix this issue:

° checked my connection. Status: Excellent
° checked my WiFi enhancer. Status: Excellent
° checked my NON-static/static IP address/router/portals. Status: Excellent
° performed hard reset

User information:

° Platform: Xbox One
° Server: EU
° Gamer Tag: MolagMalfoy
° Character name(s) experiencing issues: Mallicius Amnis Sidus (lvl 538; Altmer; Dragonknight), Malkish Sugar-Fangs (lvl 38; Khajit; Necromancer).
° game style: Nocturnal. I live in Europe so I mostly game when others are not.
° ESO+ Subscription (relevant as to all crafting materials are loaded/stored separately)

I notice right before the game crashes that the environmental graphics won't load properly ("blurry textures").

Is there anything I can do more to prevent this from happening again? Thank you in advance.

The mind is a walled garden, even death can not touch the flowers blooming there 🌹
  • LuckyLuke
    LuckyLuke
    ✭✭✭
    I got something like this twice just now. PC NA, joined a nSS group from Malabal Tor. Tried to travel to the leader of the group who was in SS, when the load screen appeared insta frozen. I couldn’t even switch to desk top, if I did the screen went black. When I alt-tab I can see my open applications but if I switch to them screen remains black. I have to ctrl-alt-delete to log off and reboot 🙁 not happy Jan!
  • Sir_Crabby
    Sir_Crabby
    Soul Shriven
    This happens in all zones. PS4. Started after Dragonhold was released. Any time you zone, travel to a zone, dungeon, pvp, trial. It’s a hot mess right now.

Ran a Vet HrC today, everyone who went upstairs blue screened. This happened twice in both runs.
  • Sylianwe
    Sylianwe
    ✭✭✭
    I've noticed these crashes and lasting screen loading are currently happening in all zones; personally for me it happens the most in Alinor. Perhaps more populated?

Power cycling and restarting seem to offer a temporary fix.

*Update: I've had 3 crashes in Alinor today and 1 screen freeze in Windhelm.
    Edited by Sylianwe on May 5, 2021 11:07PM
    The mind is a walled garden, even death can not touch the flowers blooming there 🌹