Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Main spammable - which bar?

Valabrog
Valabrog
✭✭✭
Hey,

cannot decide where to put stone giant as stam dk - on 2h bar (for smooth transition into leap and execute) or on snb bar and weave it with la and bash (which works pretty great). I run standart setup for now, with claw and breath on snb bar (starting with ha and dots) and stone giant on main bar. Weap ench on 2h, poison on snb.

I was looking Dotz build on yt and noticed he puts stone giant on shield bar and dots on main bar. Other people write that main spammable should be on 2h bar for more dmg. Where is a trick in here?
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You must first decide which weapon you want to use as front bar, then decide where to put your spammable. I would not recommend using stone giant over dizzying swing(superior spammable in every way except range) so SnB would be a smarter choice honestly.
  • Valabrog
    Valabrog
    ✭✭✭
    You must first decide which weapon you want to use as front bar, then decide where to put your spammable. I would not recommend using stone giant over dizzying swing(superior spammable in every way except range) so SnB would be a smarter choice honestly.

Oh but i love stone giant - cant count how many times i scored kills in bgs with it. And also I cant count how many times decent oponents danced around me while I was trying to land dizzy. I can weave 4 giants while i try to hit dizzy, dmg is like 20% lower but I regen stamina with every hit, keep 10% dmg buff and generate ultima. And i love rev bash so have the stun on hand all day long. I believe people keep using dizzy because they are used to it so much - for players who never used/liked it, giant look as good as dizzy. You should try it for a few days :)

So back to the topic - should I leave dots on my back bar or move those to 2h bar? I use 2h axe as a main weapon (no CP camp and bgs). Both weapons are nirnhined.

In most bg duels combat ends really quickly (prob because most enemies are of equal or lower skill than me) but against decent player I believe i will be stuck in mid phase for some time. And there I could weave spammable and have more defense at hand with vigor on me all the time)...
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you considered putting your main spammable on your main bar? That mainly works out pretty mainly.

Unless you’re Australian, then it’s all upside down.
  • Valabrog
    Valabrog
    ✭✭✭
    Im using it now for a few weeks - stone giant on a main bar. And i think im doing ok - but maybe i can do even better? Thats why asking here :)

Maybe someone tested it for months and can say that: "no, you must put dk dots on main bar to be the most effective", or like one said about stamden: "you gimp yourself putting shalks on your snb bar" :)

P.S. Im aming for a highest tear pvp.
    Edited by Valabrog on November 30, 2019 11:21AM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valabrog wrote: »

Oh but i love stone giant - cant count how many times i scored kills in bgs with it. And also I cant count how many times decent oponents danced around me while I was trying to land dizzy. I can weave 4 giants while i try to hit dizzy, dmg is like 20% lower but I regen stamina with every hit, keep 10% dmg buff and generate ultima. And i love rev bash so have the stun on hand all day long. I believe people keep using dizzy because they are used to it so much - for players who never used/liked it, giant look as good as dizzy. You should try it for a few days :)

So back to the topic - should I leave dots on my back bar or move those to 2h bar? I use 2h axe as a main weapon (no CP camp and bgs). Both weapons are nirnhined.

In most bg duels combat ends really quickly (prob because most enemies are of equal or lower skill than me) but against decent player I believe i will be stuck in mid phase for some time. And there I could weave spammable and have more defense at hand with vigor on me all the time)...

I already tried stonefist. Fortunately for me I'm not completely inept at positioning/aiming, I couldn't use d.swing when it was over 1 second cast time , but now I find it very easy to use.

People keep using dizzying swing because it is the better option as it does more damage and does two jobs at once, If you're finding it unreliable than another spammable + another CC is preferable, but then you lose out on one bar space. Its not all that bad in practice , but facts are facts.

As for your question, just leave them on the bar with highest weapon damage.

• Valabrog
    Valabrog
    ✭✭✭

I already tried stonefist. Fortunately for me I'm not completely inept at positioning/aiming, I couldn't use d.swing when it was over 1 second cast time , but now I find it very easy to use.

People keep using dizzying swing because it is the better option as it does more damage and does two jobs at once, If you're finding it unreliable than another spammable + another CC is preferable, but then you lose out on one bar space. Its not all that bad in practice , but facts are facts.

As for your question, just leave them on the bar with highest weapon damage.

Thanks, that was what i wanted to hear..

P.S. And..you force to start thinking about dizzy ..great :D
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im using it now for a few weeks - stone giant on a main bar. And i think im doing ok - but maybe i can do even better? Thats why asking here :)

Maybe someone tested it for months and can say that: "no, you must put dk dots on main bar to be the most effective", or like one said about stamden: "you gimp yourself putting shalks on your snb bar" :)

P.S. Im aming for a highest tear pvp.

honestly, its all depend on your playstyle.

1. have u tried the Fighter guild crossbow? Stam skill, ranged, high damage, cheap, adds 3% damage. other than the stun, its superior in every way.
    2. my playstyle is DoT on backbar, burst on front bar. so i had Stone Giant on the front bar, next to Dizzying Swing. if somebody run further than my Dswing, i would start spamming SGiant. then they get stun. then i catch up. then SWING SWING.
    3. DoT backbar is also my "uh oh" bar. shield. heal. i found Nox breath is a great spammable for this bar.
    4. In PvP, burst > DoT; at least in this patch anyway. so you want to focus as much damage as possible on your main, spammable bar. Fighter Guilds have 3% damage, so have that.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber