The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Radiant Apex Sanguivorian Howler mount

• Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    @Sporvan , how does the trail look for this wolf now? :)

It's the black smoke /cloud that you see on the wolf when you stand still. It now leaves a trail of smoke as it runs. Very cool effect!! You can see on EU PC if you message me.
  • Bloodgrave
    Bloodgrave
    ✭✭
    I also won this mount a few weeks ago. I too was extremely disappointed with the way it looked when it ran. It also lacks any real visual flair when you are not hitting the space bar. Glowing red eyes are common on normal mounts. I have been consistently spending 150-450 bucks every crate pack for 6+ months and this was finally the first radiant apex I won.

I decided to search google to see if anyone else brought up these concerns. I was able to find this thread and saw it was a "bug". This brought me great relief. I went into lurk mode and I have been patient for weeks hoping for the best.

Today we finally got our update... It is not good.

All that was added in this patch was lil puffs of dark smoke when it runs... nothing unique like a dark solid trail of fog/smoke... no bats spiraling around while you run. Just intermittent puffs of feint smoke. To be honest I have another mount I have purchased for gems that does the same thing (even better) which is just an apex mount.

I finally was able to test my updated mount against someone today in town who had the plague born senche. That plagueborn senche has giant puffs of spinning dark and green spotted smoke. There is no question when you see it... it's a special and unique mount! When I see this current Sanguivorian mount it looks and feels like every other ordinary mount, unless I spam the space bar while standing still.

After dropping thousands of dollars hoping I would finally get an amazing radiant apex someday. This is beyond frustrating.

Is this going to be the final graphical update on this mount or is there still more to come? If this is the final design, is there any dev/gm I can make an appeal to please trade me out this mount for the plagueborn senche?

Please look into this further and please consider my appeal if any GMs are reading this.

Thank you
    Edited by Bloodgrave on October 22, 2019 5:22AM
  • Bloodgrave
    Bloodgrave
    ✭✭
    I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to add that extra red smoldering effect to the smoke on the Oct 26th patch. I appreciate the extra effort involved.

For all those wondering what the final changes look like here are some screenshots.

oyv3btp1s4nc.png

9lwqfv9g265w.png

hfmc8psgbc7p.png

Thank you again to everyone involved in making that happen!

Edited by Bloodgrave on October 27, 2019 4:34AM
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is even cooler!! So great that they've made this mount worthwhile and special. I love it! A true chase item :-)
  • Josh3133
    Josh3133
    ✭✭
    These changes are terrible. Don’t we have enough glowy mounts already? Extra smoke or bats trailing would have been fine, but not this. For those of us that were happy with it as is this is disappointing.

@ZOS_SarahHecker
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Josh3133 wrote: »
    These changes are terrible. Don’t we have enough glowy mounts already? Extra smoke or bats trailing would have been fine, but not this. For those of us that were happy with it as is this is disappointing.

@ZOS_SarahHecker

I would have preffered black flames instead of red flames as well but at least this was a positive change compared to a bland black wolf ;-)
  • Josh3133
    Josh3133
    ✭✭
    I don’t see it as a positive at all. The smoke effect is unique and very cool and the flames just look misplaced. Not to mention the fact that ZOS is now making visual changes to radiant apex mounts after the fact.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Josh3133 wrote: »
    I don’t see it as a positive at all. The smoke effect is unique and very cool and the flames just look misplaced. Not to mention the fact that ZOS is now making visual changes to radiant apex mounts after the fact.

You would have preferred a plain black wolf? Really. Do you even own this item? Because I'm sure you can see how ridiculous that would be to spend hundreds of dollars on a bugged mount...

You're just making it worse by suggesting that ZOS is never able to fix an item after it has been released if it is bugged. There are multiple homes and furnishings which are still bugged and that would just invalidate any sort of impetus to fix them... You are suggesting a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' approach where ZOS can't do right by anyone...

I own this item, I've spoken to multiple other players who own it too and are overjoyed that ZOS took action to fix this promptly. The consensus is that is is positive and you are a complete outlier on this matter.

Look, this was clearly an unintended bug where they forgot to add the effect. It was pretty much immediately confirmed as such within a week. It is not changing something after the fact. That would be retroactively changing older items.

@ZOS_SarahHecker ignore this guy. Myself and everyone I've spoken to who own this are beyond grateful you fixed this mount. We're pleased as punch that you listened. Y'all did a great job fixing this and the bug has been resolved.
    Edited by Sporvan on November 6, 2019 3:41AM
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sporvan wrote: »
    Do you even own this item?

That was also my first thought, when i read his post.
    You know.... Envy is one of the deadly sins ;)
  • iPlayOnlyESO
    iPlayOnlyESO
    ✭✭✭
    I think trailing bats after roaring would complete this mount's character(at least for 20-30 seconds if not permanent). Now, it looks(if i'm not wrong):
    Apex(400gems) features + temporary roaring effect = 1600 gems =>
    temporary roaring effect = 1200 gems
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The red flames or whatever are very weird IMHO. Seeing the various mounts around, I much prefer the regular New Moon wolf and am looking forward to getting it when the crates return this month. Apex or radiant, any trailing effects should fit the theme of the mount, like the leaves after the current radiant apex — the Oldefire Elk is lovely!

ZOS really should not change established assets (unless they could do it as a new available option/modification, but that never seems to be the case). If I had gotten the Sanguivarian Howler as first released, I would have really been upset by the change, but I realize many people prefer mounts that are more showy.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in September 2019. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.