The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Enchanted Snow Globe vs. Pariah's Pinnacle

SickleCider
SickleCider
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Which snow home is the better investment? I own neither of these houses, though I've spent some time decorating my friend's Snow Globe, so I'm a little familiar with it. I'm interested in economy of furnishing slots and construction potential. I'm especially curious if you can expand off the mountain side of Pariah's.
✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can a bit you can also reach the first cliff on the waterfall at the back of the house.

for me Pariah's Pinnacle is far better i really dont like the home in a bubble concept and while i have seen mods change the sky it still doesnt help that it has a limited view.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @kaisernick Nice! Yeah, I really don't like everything that makes the Snow Globe house, well, a snow globe house, especially since the glass gets really bright during the day, and the yellow light at night from the giant lantern outside is garish. I think Pariah's looks very uncozy, but I think I could dress it up.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With the Enchanted Snow Globe Home, you get 600 slots for 4200-5250 Crowns (Unfurnished-Furnished).
    With Pariah's Pinnacle, you get 700 slots for 13,000-16,250 Crowns (Unfurnished-Furnished).

I know which one I would pick, but if money is not an issue for you, then you might like Pariah's Pinnacle because it's larger and more open, and its setting is also more immersive and beautiful (than staring at a mini glass ceiling all day).

On the other hand, I think you can furnish the Snow Globe house in a cosy way with 600 slots, while Pariah's Pinnacle will always look a bit empty since it has huge open halls. I know you can build on the snowy slopes outside the back of Pariah's Pinnacle, but I'm not sure you can build outwards from the cliff limits. So the choice is up to your budget and custom building needs.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @bluebird You raise some good points. I have Grand Psijic Villa, and I would imagine that it has a lot of the same kind of issues with the item slots. I don't know if Grand Psijic will ever be done to my satisfaction and I'd hate to replicate that same kind of frustration.
  • Chryseia
    Chryseia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Versispellis I just finished a custom build in pariahs a few weeks ago. The skybox is extremely high, so not only can you get up to the cliff between the two waterfalls, but there is easily space for 4-7 vertical stories (depending on how tall you make them). You can also build off the mountain both at the entrance and off the back "yard" for a relatively large distance, including down (at least down in the backyard, not sure about the front). Its not infinite by any means, but definitely large enough to make builds.

Check out @StabbityDoom's Pariahs or @bayushi2005's Pariahs (they both made forum posts for their builds a while back) for examples of how much space is "off the mountain" in the front entrance hall area, or feel free to check out my pariahs (linked in my signature) if you want to see how much vertical space is available on the cliffs. Additionally, if you know anyone who has purchased Pariahs and who is willing to temporarily give you decorator permission, you can use the magic carpet addon to go test the skybox boundaries yourself (by just literally walking off the cliff side on a magic carpet and seeing how far you can go before you hit the invisible walls).
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pariah is rather big and open. I find it hard to give it that - cosy by the fire - winter feeling.
    I am going for the snowglobe for my winterrwonderland.
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Chryseia Oh, thank you so much! I'm definitely going to check out those builds when I have the time. Visuals are always very helpful. :)

@Aelorin Yeah, that's the concern I have with Pariah's. I was thinking of building off the back yard to expand it, and then building a cottage there, and turning the stone hall interiors into a kind of frigid, glowy cave. I'm not sure I'll have enough furnishing slots to do all that to my satisfaction, though. I may have to use the Snow Globe if I want to make something cozy.