Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

How do you feel about Player-Owned-Kingdoms?

Indoril_Nerevar
Indoril_Nerevar
✭✭✭
Player Owned City*
Player Owned Kingdom*

In an MMORPG, it is common and known that Guilds, Players and Clans will Roleplay based on Lore/ Custom Backstories and take "claim" or "ownership" of certain areas in game.

Roleplayers who own or reside in their kingdoms, cities or territories in which there Guild has claimed also interact in additional roleplay features such as War, Trade, Politics, and more; while representing their Player Owned Kingdom/Guild.

How do you feel about Player-Owned-Kingdoms? 54 votes

I Support This
18% 10 votes
I Do Not Support This
46% 25 votes
It Has Potential
31% 17 votes
Other
3% 2 votes
  • Indoril_Nerevar
    Indoril_Nerevar
    ✭✭✭
    You Do Not Necessarily have to be a Roleplayer to partake in Player Owned Kingdom's
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is such an ability in PvP when a player becomes an Emperor, when a Guild and its leader claim a keep. There is such an ability in PvE. I'm Dunmer, so I could not witness it myself, but I've heard those Orc players can become chiefs of the Shatul Orcish tribe. I think this was a very good idea to give them such an option.
    Edited by Aigym_Hlervu on November 10, 2019 1:41AM
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once it's released maybe you should try The Chronicles of Elyria, which is exactly that but without the need to RP.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all the mmos I've rped this is considered a bad thing to do. It's often a recipe for disaster.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Large guild only player homes that can be made into kingdoms is the best and probally only way i see this going.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh.

On the lands of Tamriel, it would be a can of worms... as it would be hard to fit into the lore smetimes, considering some of the character/guild names some people come up with that do not quite mix well with the established lore.

Best we can do here is for one guild to hold a keep in cyrodil for a while, and loose it again when bedtime calls...

BUT!

As "pocket plane" in oblivion???

Bring It ON!

I could totally see that for guilds...

...have oblivion pocket planes of varying size, that first have to be conquered by the guild at varying difficulty (like, small planes might be public dungeon level, and could be soloed; medium ones might be geared for a full group of four with tank and healer like a proper veteran dungeon; and large planes might prove too difficult for anyone but a full raid group - so large guilds can conquer the large planes, and tiny guilds will have to make do with small ones)...

...have those planes then be build-able on; letting the guildmaster (and possibly officers, as the guildowner sets up in permissions) select which structures go where and in what style, planting the foundations... and then let the guildmembers contribute resources (loads of common resources, nothing rare, and no matter what level, so that anyone can contribute - like, say, 3000 metal ingots, or 2500 sanded wood or 5000 "ta" runes; stuff like that which enyone can collect and contribute without feeling having to choose between their own crafting needs and the guilds...); so any guild can build their "ideal guild city" on that plane, in whatever style they want, in whatever configuration they want; some will be small "guild villages", others might be small cities with everything...

...and then let people contribute furniture to the guild for decorating the whole place, again guild can set permissions who can move what (should only be allowed for those who you know won't mess things up!); possibly even including NPC servants to liven up the place a little... those could be customizable as well, either full outfit system, or just a few preset faces and whatever costumes the guildmaster has access to...

...and finally, allow guilds to set their planes as "PvP enabled", allowing sieges by rival guilds; that would mean the NPCs might get a combat setup option, and there could be special furniture like doors, traps and whatever... of course, only those who set their hall as attackable can attack others, and it should only be for "bragging rights", no stealing other guilds stuff... but still, I could see how it would be fun to try and design a well defensible guildhall... (and then give all your guild purpose to collect all the stuff you need for it, like gear pieces to give your guard NPCs and resources for your walls, traps and whatnot...)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is such an ability in PvP when a player becomes an Emperor, when a Guild and its leader claim a keep. There is such an ability in PvE. I'm Dunmer, so I could not witness it myself, but I've heard those Orc players can become chiefs of the Shatul Orcish tribe. I think this was a very good idea to give them such an option.

and outside of Cyrodiil anything that deals with war is just part of a script. Cannot be changed.

As for Trade and Politics, guilds already have a system in place for trade and there is no means to deal with the politics in Tamriel.

Unless and until OP better defines what they are speaking to this cannot be discussed appropriately.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Player Owned City*
    Player Owned Kingdom*

In an MMORPG, it is common and known that Guilds, Players and Clans will Roleplay based on Lore/ Custom Backstories and take "claim" or "ownership" of certain areas in game.

Roleplayers who own or reside in their kingdoms, cities or territories in which there Guild has claimed also interact in additional roleplay features such as War, Trade, Politics, and more; while representing their Player Owned Kingdom/Guild.

REALLY matters how you go about this. If its just your own group then go for it. But trying to enforce it in others can end vadly
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @TheShadowScout love your idea!
  • wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disagree, it pretty much brekas the rp fo reveryone, cos people might start fighting over certain regions
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This sounds like a great concept for a game but not a feature in ESO
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm against it, power corrupts.
  • ServerusEcru
    ServerusEcru
    ✭✭✭
    There is actually a way to do this in Cyrodiil CP 30 Day Campaign. Say we had three guilds dedicated to defending home keeps and one guild taking enemy keeps. Those three defender guilds can keep their guilds in one of the tri keeps (that protect the scrolls) RP it out as if you are living there and protect its resources and if it is being sieged call it out in zone chat. This way home keeps stay protected, you get AP and you stay stationary for the most part. It can create more community and meaningful PvP and people will know, that guild is defending this keep etc. Just some creative ideas to get RPers involved in PvP, Just take some time and get your proper PvP impen gear and you will be fine.
    Edited by ServerusEcru on February 6, 2020 2:02AM
    "Train your opponent to make the wrong response." — The Book of Circles, By Loredas Maxims
    NA/PC/ Order of the Candle
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PIE KING LOVES RULING OVER THE PIE KINGDOM, WHICH SOME PEOPLE INEXPLICABLY REFER TO AS "TAMRIEL"
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.