Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone else getting terrible performance/FPS drops?

aminecraftuserb16_ESO
Made a new character a few weeks ago and levelling ti was fine, and then maybe after an update or so suddenly the games performance just became terrible while in dungeons, still somewhat bad outside, just not has bad. It happens when there's more than 1 enemy, and corrects itself when 1 dies. (I'm not sure how this website does with links to another, but here is a clip of the game slowing down, and then suddenly catching up) https://xboxclips.com/iAmPimmiCue/7f51e751-ae61-4db2-9419-88a8714042dc

It's happened a few times and when it does I can't do anything. Is this an issue with my Xbox? Internet? ESO? It's hard to play now, I just go on my main to do daily dungeon and that's it. I play on an NA server with a friend where it still happens, but it's nowhere near as bad as my EU one.
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    @aminecraftuserb16_ESO

Please try our troubleshooting steps for ESO lagging on Xbox One here and let us know if you see any improvement.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • somebody21
    somebody21
    ✭✭
    Has happen to me scene last dlc i even upgraded to an xboxone x same performance issues, not just frame drops but extremely bad to the point of mobs being invisible. My wife however plays fine on same internet router with an xboxone s.
    And yes did all the stuff they tell you delete temporary files reinstall, even new xboxone x not my problem, i don't think they care but there going to help the frame rate some next year lol.
  • aminecraftuserb16_ESO
    @aminecraftuserb16_ESO

Please try our troubleshooting steps for ESO lagging on Xbox One here and let us know if you see any improvement.

I tried that and nothing changed.
  • Plazadearmas
    I have been playing ESO on Xbox since launch, I dont know 5 years ago? I even upgraded to Xbox 1X in December, the lag n the game nowadays makes it UNPLAYABLE. I will cancel my ESO+ subscription this month and honestly looking elsewhere for MMORPG game... I really had a nice run but giving up on lag issues on console being fixed.
  • Xruptor
    Xruptor
    ✭✭
    I get lag and frame stutter like crazy sometimes on the XBOX Client. I got worse with the Elyswer update. I can't truly believe they are oblivious to how the game plays right now on the consoles. It sometimes is a slideshow and in dungeons it's even worse.

They keep posting to go to their "ESO lagging on Xbox One here" thread at the following link:
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29861/

But countless people have tried this and it does nothing to fix the issue. The client is just under-performing and lags/stutters like crazy. They seriously need to address this. It's just unacceptable. Lots of folks are leaving because the game is quite literally unbearable and or unplayable for them.

PLEASE FIX THE PERFORMANCE ISSUE ON ESO FOR THE CONSOLES.
  • HoustonHeart
    I noticed in certain areas after relogging in , there is stutter, but after a full reboot of the xbox it clears. I enjoy the standbye feature but it seems to be bad for mmo's in general. IT happens on another mmo as well until you restart.