The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Orc passive going yet another week with no fix on console.

MurderMostFoul
MurderMostFoul
✭✭✭✭✭
On November 10th, several weeks after the orc passive bug was identified, a fix was launched on PC.

However, console has yet to receive the fix, and it looks like no patch is planned for console next week either. Why do console players have to wait a month for orc passives to work in no CP when a functional fix has been identified and deployed on PC? At the very least, can we be provided with an ETA?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next major update most likely, same with the clownform bashcro
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »

This would be entirely unacceptable. If the routine becomes console having to live with broken features of the game for full update cycles, despite fixes being available and live on PC, I'll be moving on.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This would be entirely unacceptable. If the routine becomes console having to live with broken features of the game for full update cycles, despite fixes being available and live on PC, I'll be moving on.

Most of that blame should be placed on Sony and Microsoft. There is a certification process that has to be accepted by Sony and Microsoft before Zos can push out updates on console, whereas they can do as they deem fit on PC.

I'm not a Zos white knight..a view of my post history will clearly show that.
    But in this case, the wait isn't on Zos...it's Sony and Microsoft with thier processes.

Of course, this wouldn't even be an issue if Zos didn't break it in the first place...
    Edited by Kel on November 23, 2019 3:32AM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kel wrote: »

Most of that blame should be placed on Sony and Microsoft. There is a certification process that has to be accepted by Sony and Microsoft before Zos can push out updates on console, whereas they can do as they deem fit on PC.

I'm not a Zos white knight..a view of my post history will clearly show that.
    But in this case, the wait isn't on Zos...it's Sony and Microsoft with thier processes.

Of course, this wouldn't even be an issue if Zos didn't break it in the first place...

Public information on the console certification process is scarce. This is from Aug 2017:

https://community.gemsofwar.com/t/inside-look-at-the-certification-process/28759

This developer insight indicates that MS has a 5 day certification process. I can understand that delaying patches or making them less frequent, but it does not force broken elements to last for months.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gina said in one thread that a patch is coming the first week of December.

It would be nice if that patch were to integrate all of the patches PC has received since Dragonhold.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina said in one thread that a patch is coming the first week of December.

It would be nice if that patch were to integrate all of the patches PC has received since Dragonhold.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6473560#Comment_6473560

Ah, thanks for pointing this out. While it doesn't specifically mention the orc passive fix, it seems safe to assume it will be included. Fingers crossed...