Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

World's First: Level 10 Master Angler

heaven13
heaven13
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
vI5bTtU.jpg
@WldKarde and I decided to embark on an endeavor to determine the lowest level we could achieve master angler. It took strategic planning so we discovered as few places as necessary while giving ourselves the best chance at all the water types. For example, we only unlocked Hrogar's Hold wayshrine in Stonefalls because it gave access to one river, one lake, and a good number of foul and ocean. We actually went through the tutorial rather than skipping it to control how much XP we gained and only killed Captain Carvain and the skeleton required for you to advance through. Any further mobs we aggroed were either kited until they disengaged or, when we couldn't, suicided. There were a few accidental XP gains, such as when a mob engaged and a well-meaning player decided to help or when the discovery range of an area far exceeded what the visual range looked like.

We were so careful that we actually had to go seek out XP once we had all PvE zones (23% into level 6) done so we could hit level 10 and get into Cyrodiil.
mNNTQyM.jpg

All in all, it was an incredibly fun challenge, riding across Tamriel on our stick mounts!
LjuNOZD.jpg
Edited by heaven13 on November 23, 2019 1:13AM
PC/NA
Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
Meet my characters :
IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratz! Sounds like fun, especially together with friend :)
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long did that take from start to finish?
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pure dedication, hat's off for you guys!
    EU PC
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! Great job, you two!
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations!

456-G-1.jpg
    Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2220+
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahahahahahaha
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hats off.
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for being such a GREAT fishing partner @heaven13 :)

And for also helping me to remember to follow the rules. ;)

That was the most fun I've had getting Master Angler yet and I couldn't have done it without you!
    PC NA
    Characters formally known as Veteran 16:
    Wldkarde, Sir WldKarde , Lil-Miss WldKarde,
    Dame WldKarde Stamplar "Master Angler" "Main" ,
    Shady WldKarde, WldKarde"s Bacon, Jaded WldKarde,
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
  • IndianaJames7
    IndianaJames7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao this is incredible
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long did it take?

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2220+
  • IndianaJames7
    IndianaJames7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An how often did you die to mobs or have to abandon your fishing spot instead of just killing them? I can’t imaging the amount of planning that must have went into this.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats but world's first sounds as if it was a race

I can say I was the world's first to do press ups then star jumps on top of a dead Daedroth in the Imperial City lol

GG though
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard to say how long it took us @Enemy-of-Coldharbour honestly.

It was just a just a fun project that the two of us would work on whenever we had time. Due to the fact we didn't want to gain any unneeded xp along the way it did take longer than a normal MA run, but it actually made the whole thing more fun.
    PC NA
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 is the lowest level that can be done now on PC, and always the case on console, as Cyrodiil is level gated.

Back before trophies were standardized in 2.1.4, PC players could bank green and blue fish and let alts consume them for the achievement. That makes it a little hard to corroborate this as the lowest level on which Master Angler has ever been achieved.

But not an empty achievement either as banking extra trophies always felt like a bit of a cheat.
    signing off
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I totally get what you're saying Acrolas/mb10. World's First is really just a joke title. This was a fun achievement we set out to do, not something we took as a serious competition.

As for length of time, we started in Glenumbra and our time stamp for that achievement is July 18. As Wldkarde said though, it's a bit hard to quantify the time because we only ever worked on the achievement together so it was limited to when we were both available. We also didn't push time on it, just because it was for fun so when we'd get frustrated we'd switch and do something else and we're also both active in group content guilds/groups. Then I took nearly a month-long break from the game at the end of September.

I did wait to fillet all my white fish so I can tell you that it took me 609 dhufish, 635 longfin, 293 river betty, 344 salmon, 468 silverside perch, 468 spadetail, 448 trodh, and 431 slaughterfish (so right around 3700 white fish). Ocean fish were definitely my biggest struggle, which I chalk up almost entirely to Stonefalls. I wanted SO bad just to suck it up and head to Ebonheart but I stuck to my own rules! However, I did not keep a record of how many housing furnishings I got, or wet gunny sacks, or other bait, or trophy fish because inventory space was at a premium! (And I make my characters pay their own mount lessons so Desdemona could only afford lessons when she sold off her trophy fish).
    An how often did you die to mobs or have to abandon your fishing spot instead of just killing them? I can’t imaging the amount of planning that must have went into this.

Wldkarde has done this a couple times ;) so he knows a lot of good places to stand where you don't aggro so we actually were pretty safe most of the time. Some of the harder areas were Malabal Tor lake, with all the hoarvers and probably foul in The Rift. And we only died once to a player in Cyrodiil which actually did us a favor because we were both done with ocean and working on river and killing us let us port to a keep near a long string of holes that wasn't otherwise connected via transitus.
    Edited by heaven13 on November 23, 2019 12:23AM
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is amazing, and if you live in Los Angeles, I'll buy you a beer.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WldKarde wrote: »

It was just a just a fun project that the two of us would work on whenever we had time. Due to the fact we didn't want to gain any unneeded xp along the way it did take longer than a normal MA run, but it actually made the whole thing more fun.
    Yes, had you know the outcome you could probably defended more fishing spots, one issue is the xp you get from discovering places to. Did you limit your self there?
    Knew I had to go all over the place getting MA.

On the other hand Cyrodil would be safe, or in that sort of person kill an LVL 10 fishing in Cyrodil :)
    1pmEKRKh.jpg

Note that most fishing guides only show ocean fishing spots at my position, at the river mouth north of eastern Elsweyr gate fort, south of castle bloodmayne, yes its very deep into AD territorium, but unless castle bloodmayne has fallen only fishers, questers and skyshard hunters go here.

However our AD guild found more salt water fishing spots in EP territorium, the cyrodil border river south of newt cave who is south of Cropford. Follow the river downstream and you find some, then follow the coast north for some more.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • SenpaiNFT
    SenpaiNFT
    ✭✭✭✭
    My God, people actually said world first for getting an achievement on a video game at level 10. You go! Hats off? Bravo.
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to you both.

I know how difficult it is to keep your level as low as possible to get achieves, so many kudos to you.

This could start a trend :)
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    WldKarde wrote: »

Yes, had you know the outcome you could probably defended more fishing spots, one issue is the xp you get from discovering places to. Did you limit your self there?
    Knew I had to go all over the place getting MA.

On the other hand Cyrodil would be safe, or in that sort of person kill an LVL 10 fishing in Cyrodil :)
    1pmEKRKh.jpg

Note that most fishing guides only show ocean fishing spots at my position, at the river mouth north of eastern Elsweyr gate fort, south of castle bloodmayne, yes its very deep into AD territorium, but unless castle bloodmayne has fallen only fishers, questers and skyshard hunters go here.

However our AD guild found more salt water fishing spots in EP territorium, the cyrodil border river south of newt cave who is south of Cropford. Follow the river downstream and you find some, then follow the coast north for some more.

Yup. There's some spots that don't seem to pop on maps. Lucky me as I don't actually "believe" in the maps.
  • 5cript
    5cript
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh my god.
    Just getting it regularly is painful enough.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tenor.gif
  • Guyle
    Guyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ppl do this on more than one toon?
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SenpaiNFT wrote: »
    My God, people actually said world first for getting an achievement on a video game at level 10. You go! Hats off? Bravo.

Because that's about the level of difficulty and/or time it takes to do something, not about the level of the character.
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guyle wrote: »
    Ppl do this on more than one toon?

Yep check my signature and you'll see that was actually my 17th Master Angler.

I've also sold a ton of perfect roe and still have 890 sitting in my crafting bag.

Not a bad source of gold for doing something I enjoy in between doing trials and dungeons ;)

But the best part was doing it with a friend for the company and laughs just seeing if we could pull it off :)
    PC NA
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    outstanding!
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THIS is a "world first" i can appreciate. Well done.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahahaha nice one!

You forget to mention that the latest DLC was pretty 'meh' and you are looking forward for more challenging areas in the future :D
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Wow what an fintastic accomplishment! I'm sorry for the fish pun, I'll sea myself out.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    vI5bTtU.jpg
    @WldKarde and I decided to embark on an endeavor to determine the lowest level we could achieve master angler. It took strategic planning so we discovered as few places as necessary while giving ourselves the best chance at all the water types. For example, we only unlocked Hrogar's Hold wayshrine in Stonefalls because it gave access to one river, one lake, and a good number of foul and ocean. We actually went through the tutorial rather than skipping it to control how much XP we gained and only killed Captain Carvain and the skeleton required for you to advance through. Any further mobs we aggroed were either kited until they disengaged or, when we couldn't, suicided. There were a few accidental XP gains, such as when a mob engaged and a well-meaning player decided to help or when the discovery range of an area far exceeded what the visual range looked like.

We were so careful that we actually had to go seek out XP once we had all PvE zones (23% into level 6) done so we could hit level 10 and get into Cyrodiil.
    mNNTQyM.jpg

All in all, it was an incredibly fun challenge, riding across Tamriel on our stick mounts!
    LjuNOZD.jpg
    Wow what an fintastic accomplishment! I'm sorry for the fish pun, I'll sea myself out.

t6uWfXq.gif

Edited by Idinuse on November 23, 2019 2:40PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?