Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battlegrounds broken, constantly stuck on "Waiting for players" intermission lobby

• AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    35zpb92kfggx.gif

Most of the battlegrounds I go into, end up broken, if I actually manage to get into one.
    Edited by AWinterWolf on January 18, 2019 2:24PM
    @AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Main character: Healer, CP 1300+,
    Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

History is a story written by the victors, who often paint themselves the best of lights.
  • JeibuKul
    JeibuKul
    ✭✭
    This is still happening.

I see two fixes that could be implemented for this.
    1) Remove the deserter for any player that leaves during the "Waiting for players..." time frame.
    2) Battlegrounds should have a timer for them to form. Like the "Waiting for players..." phase of the battleground should have at most 5 minutes. After that time frame the battleground ends and the players can rejoin the queue (or are joined automatically at the front of the queue), and can wait for a new battleground to be formed.

Please, it sucks trying to do your daily and waiting for like 10 minutes in hope that the battleground fills, or having to be a deserter (which usually means I stop playing that character or at all for the evening, cause I wanted to do battlegrounds).
  • Dacalana
    Dacalana
    ✭✭✭
    It's so weird to see it's not being fixed, 2/3 of queues get you in group of 2 or 3 and you stuck forever with this bug, we don't have enough time in our lives to wait for 20 mins every time after leaving.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its nothing weird they just dont care. people keep paying for the bag so its all ok for them
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had no problems getting into a battleground lately (and I've been doing a lot of them).

I'm starting to wonder if maybe this is an addon-related issue (since I don't use addons). Would be curious to see if there was anyone who doesn't use addons who is having this problem.
    Edited by Jeremy on April 7, 2019 9:38PM
  • todokete
    todokete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    I've had no problems getting into a battleground lately (and I've been doing a lot of them).

I'm starting to wonder if maybe this is an addon-related issue (since I don't use addons). Would be curious to see if there was anyone who doesn't use addons who is having this problem.

Yeah disabling addons will help
  • Cruxanero
    Cruxanero
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't have any addons at all and I have this issue occasionally (about once a month maybe). The most recent one was today, incidentially.

So, at least from my part, it has nothing to do with addons. But I also strongly doubt that every player who ends up in these BGs uses about the same amount of addons. In the 10 minutes I stayed today (trying to get everyone to wait with leaving so we could all leave at the same time), we cycled through more than 20 players I think.
    Edited by Cruxanero on April 8, 2019 1:25AM
  • ZettaPeta
    ZettaPeta
    ✭✭
    Happened to me twice today, and the last time I tried bgs. I normally then just log out. Zos is sadly doing a very bad job! :#
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cruxanero wrote: »

I don't have any addons at all and I have this issue occasionally (about once a month maybe). The most recent one was today, incidentially.

So, at least from my part, it has nothing to do with addons. But I also strongly doubt that every player who ends up in these BGs uses about the same amount of addons. In the 10 minutes I stayed today (trying to get everyone to wait with leaving so we could all leave at the same time), we cycled through more than 20 players I think.

I've been having issues with this today as well and I don't use addons either. It was just an idea to try. But I think it's safe to say at this point addons aren't the culprit.
    Edited by Jeremy on April 11, 2019 7:34PM
  • Fake Remedy
    Fake Remedy
    ✭✭✭
    still an issues in 2019.
    Fake Remedy

yt. Fake_Remedy
    twitch. Fake_Remedy
    discord. fake_remedy#3254
    e. fake_remedy@hotmail.com
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is now 9 months old, yet still no comment from ZOS.
    One can have a baby faster than a ZOS representative can even acknowledge a long-standing known issue that plagues everyday players daily. It's been 9 months now, we're not even asking for a fix, just simple communication and an acknowledgement: "we see this, we understand, and we're working on it."
    Battlegrounds are still unplayable. Have the ZOS QA team raise the bug's level of severity/importance. Fix the product/service. Good grief. :/
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • turlisley
    turlisley
    ✭✭✭
    This "Waiting for Players" infinite intermission battleground lobby feature is still alive and well as of the Elsweyr update.
    It has been in the game for 10-11 months now, so it must be a feature and not a bug.
    Right @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler ?
    *crickets*
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Turlisley
  • Darkmistress1337
    Darkmistress1337
    ✭✭✭
    The Battleground Infinite Intermission Lobby bug is over one year old, yet still not fixed or even acknowledged. SMDH!
    @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RobGarrett @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Gilliam wake up!
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmistress1337
  • thermatico
    thermatico
    ✭✭✭✭
    I submit a bug report every time this happens. They have gotten a log of bug reports.

But this is completely awful that they can't fix this or at least find away not to FORCE us to take a penalty. Awful.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two 20-minute deserter penalties back-to-back tonight because 1 team couldn't get more than 2 players and anyone that joined would be put on the team of 3 or 4.
    Even if the 4th player left, the new player would be placed on the team that had 4 instead of the team that had 2.

@ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RobGarrett @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_SarahHecker @ZOS_Gilliam

Can any of you confirm that this Infinite Intermission Lobby bug will be completely eliminated, eradicated, and gone by the time the new LFG queue system is implemented..? This bug has existed for far too long.
    Jeez, look at all those job openings. https://www.zenimaxonline.com/careers
    When can I expect a reply, if ever? :lol:
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on August 12, 2019 5:35AM
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • turlisley
    turlisley
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RichLambert

Another update, another patch, yet no new fixes or even dialogue from the devs.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_MattFiror
    Screenshot_20191105_175250.png
    Screenshot_20191105_175437.png
    Screenshot_20191105_175741.png
    Will Battlegrounds ever be properly fixed? :|
    Any ETA? Or any ETA for an ETA? :D
  • turlisley
    turlisley
    ✭✭✭
    This thread never gets old...
    Oh, wait. It is 1 year and 5 months old... SMH Z0$.
  • nolangrady
    nolangrady
    ✭✭✭
    Screenshot_20181101_002729.png?width=914&height=485

This Battleground Infinite Intermission Lobby issue still occurs even after the Murkmire update.
    Still no official comment from ZOS.

@Tasear on July 17th you said that you would pass this issue along to ZOS. It is now November 1st. Did you? Did anything come of it? Do they know about it? Did ZOS say anything about this issue? WHERE IS THE FOLLOW-UP?
    How many ZOS/Class-Rep meetings and incremental patches have there been since then?
    Why is this major issue still not fixed -- more importantly -- why is no one talking about it?
    Cumulatively, hundreds of hours have been wasted due to this long-standing issue.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler and company still have not acknowledged this long-standing Battleground bug/issue issue in any Dev Comments, Patch Notes, ESO Live, nor any other official statement, medium, or channel.

ESO Battlegrounds are completely broken, unplayable, and myself, my teammates, and every other silent majority-player are forced to take the Deserter Penalty time and time again because we are stuck on "Waiting for players" but new-entrants to the BG never get placed onto the appropriate underdog team. Please fix the coding!

Here, look, here is more proof: Screenshot_20181101_003743.png?width=914&height=485

Now everyone on Purple Team left.
    Screenshot_20181101_003759.png?width=914&height=485

Now the BG-queue put new players onto Purple Team, but the match never starts, and those players will eventually be forced to take the Deserter Penalty. Time and time again.
    Screenshot_20181101_004031.png?width=914&height=485

And it continues:Screenshot_20181101_004532.png

Screenshot_20181101_005416.png

This issue needs more attention. Does the Waiting For Players / Infinite Lobby Battlegrounds glitch ever happen to you? @FENGRUSH @OdinForge @Alcast @ScarrX @VaranisArano @Tasear @Alcast @Joy_Division @Checkmath @GandTheImpaler @Quantum_V @Hexys @NightbladeMechanics @Liofa @Masel92 @stileanima

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_RobGarrett
    Do y'all even play Battlegrounds on the Live server?! This is becoming a broken product / failed service.

Do you honestly think the streamers will actually report back anything that would remotely appear negative about ZOS? They are bought and paid for and honestly a part of the reason the game is in the shape it is in. They get enough kickback they will easily sell us all down the river.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nolangrady wrote: »
    Screenshot_20181101_002729.png?width=914&height=485

This Battleground Infinite Intermission Lobby issue still occurs even after the Murkmire update.
    Still no official comment from ZOS.

@Tasear on July 17th you said that you would pass this issue along to ZOS. It is now November 1st. Did you? Did anything come of it? Do they know about it? Did ZOS say anything about this issue? WHERE IS THE FOLLOW-UP?
    How many ZOS/Class-Rep meetings and incremental patches have there been since then?
    Why is this major issue still not fixed -- more importantly -- why is no one talking about it?
    Cumulatively, hundreds of hours have been wasted due to this long-standing issue.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler and company still have not acknowledged this long-standing Battleground bug/issue issue in any Dev Comments, Patch Notes, ESO Live, nor any other official statement, medium, or channel.

ESO Battlegrounds are completely broken, unplayable, and myself, my teammates, and every other silent majority-player are forced to take the Deserter Penalty time and time again because we are stuck on "Waiting for players" but new-entrants to the BG never get placed onto the appropriate underdog team. Please fix the coding!

Here, look, here is more proof: Screenshot_20181101_003743.png?width=914&height=485

Now everyone on Purple Team left.
    Screenshot_20181101_003759.png?width=914&height=485

Now the BG-queue put new players onto Purple Team, but the match never starts, and those players will eventually be forced to take the Deserter Penalty. Time and time again.
    Screenshot_20181101_004031.png?width=914&height=485

And it continues:Screenshot_20181101_004532.png

Screenshot_20181101_005416.png

This issue needs more attention. Does the Waiting For Players / Infinite Lobby Battlegrounds glitch ever happen to you? @FENGRUSH @OdinForge @Alcast @ScarrX @VaranisArano @Tasear @Alcast @Joy_Division @Checkmath @GandTheImpaler @Quantum_V @Hexys @NightbladeMechanics @Liofa @Masel92 @stileanima

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_RobGarrett
    Do y'all even play Battlegrounds on the Live server?! This is becoming a broken product / failed service.

Do you honestly think the streamers will actually report back anything that would remotely appear negative about ZOS? They are bought and paid for and honestly a part of the reason the game is in the shape it is in. They get enough kickback they will easily sell us all down the river.

@FENGRUSH @Alcast @Tasear @chipsworth/MoonTan and numerous other ESO streamers & 'class-reps' reported on this issue in the past, several times -- in their live streams, in their respective Discord server channels, and probably privately & directly to ZOS, too.
    (Especially when these 'infinite intermission lobbies' happened to them themselves while on their own live streams. Lol.)
    Also, that post that you are quoting me in is well over a year old, btw. Just an FYI... You are a bit late.
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on November 6, 2019 2:07AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Havent thought about this thread in a while...

Its kinda sad that ZOS seems to have worked out the Dungeon Groupfinder but can't get BGs to work properly. The way this is going, it might as well be next year July before we get Midyear Mayhem.
  • turlisley
    turlisley
    ✭✭✭
    @nolangrady have you never watched @FENGRUSH's streams, especially his earliest ones? He would roast Z0$ and lit them up on the daily. Lol. He only became more tame and humane about it because it was a stipulation of being on the 'Official ESO Stream Team.' :D
    And, why wouldn't ESO Streamers & class-reps want the game to do well? It is in their best interest and everyone's best interests. If the game is doing well, streamers get more exposure & more viewers/followers, ZOS makes more money off game sales & microtransactions, regular players get more people to play with, etc, etc. Win-Win-Win for everybody.

TL;DR: Fix Battlegrounds. These issues have existed for years.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Its kinda sad that ZOS seems to have worked out the Dungeon Groupfinder but can't get BGs to work properly. The way this is going, it might as well be next year July before we get Midyear Mayhem.

That's overly optimistic.
  • nolangrady
    nolangrady
    ✭✭✭
    turlisley wrote: »
    @nolangrady have you never watched @FENGRUSH's streams, especially his earliest ones? He would roast Z0$ and lit them up on the daily. Lol. He only became more tame and humane about it because it was a stipulation of being on the 'Official ESO Stream Team.' :D
    And, why wouldn't ESO Streamers & class-reps want the game to do well? It is in their best interest and everyone's best interests. If the game is doing well, streamers get more exposure & more viewers/followers, ZOS makes more money off game sales & microtransactions, regular players get more people to play with, etc, etc. Win-Win-Win for everybody.

You proved my point. Fengrush specifically could go on Twitch and call out the team, boycott outright, or simply stop playing this game until the performance is addressed.. He is an awesome streamer and it’s not a shot at him specifically, but when we have player reps and streamers that remain mostly silent about what’s going on it is truly a big part of the problem. Take Fengrush off ESO on Twitch and it is usually well below 1k viewers. All I want is for someone prominent in the community to demand answers from this team. This is horrible business and even worse customer service. Silence will be the decline of this game.

I don’t doubt these folks want the game to do well however at this point I stand by the fact they prefer status and/or perks above all
    Edited by nolangrady on November 6, 2019 2:23PM
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    nolangrady wrote: »
    turlisley wrote: »

You proved my point. Fengrush specifically could go on Twitch and call out the team, boycott outright, or simply stop playing this game until the performance is addressed.. He is an awesome streamer and it’s not a shot at him specifically, but when we have player reps and streamers that remain mostly silent about what’s going on it is truly a big part of the problem. Take Fengrush off ESO on Twitch and it is usually well below 1k viewers. All I want is for someone prominent in the community to demand answers from this team. This is horrible business and even worse customer service. Silence will be the decline of this game.

I don’t doubt these folks want the game to do well however at this point I stand by the fact they prefer status and/or perks above all

You may have missed some of my recent streams or review of notes but I have pointed out a lot of problems. Lack of direction for pvp, bugs not being fixed, performance getting worse, pvp becoming overall less enjoyable and dull.

All in all, I have spoke in these issues. I am also playin it less, and so will other pvp streamers. Until new patches show more effort at addressing these issues. I've voiced these concerns publicly and privately. At this moment in time, they cant do anything but take that feedback and use it for next patch or not use it. I've addressed these concerns heavily the past 2 patches and they were ignored, and thus I am stepping back as the gameplay experience is isnt that enjoyable right now.

If you think they dont know, trust me that is not the case. It's a matter of what they choose to address. What is rough is they will need more than 1 patch to address a lot of screaming concerns, and theres so few people left in pvp that there isnt a great financial incentive for them to fix it. Well see what happens, but the community has spoken, and they have heard. Balls in their court to communicate and deliver.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Mate, they haven’t even discovered how they broke the Group Finder, let alone figured out how to fix it.

It works fine if all you want it to do is launch a dungeon.

It barely functions if you ask it to group 4 randoms with 3 different roles.

I personally think the best way to get BGs working is have the players do the grouping. Sure, you’d lose all the rewards, but at least you’d have vaguely matched games. Or at worst evenly numbered teams.

But until they have actually sorted out the easier parts of the Group Finder, I doubt they’ll be doing anything about BGs.

PvP is a disgrace in this game. But sadly right now ZOS have got more important things for their handful of programmers to concentrate on.