Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is Meditate considered as Bad manners in Cyro in 1v1 situations?

MartiniDaniels
MartiniDaniels
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Yesterday I had some encounters with 2 guys camping at resource towers, they were fairly easily dealing with me 2v1, but occasionally we have some 1v1 with both and it was sure stalemate with both of us rarely going below 50%. Well, I must admit I meditated wherever I had almost full HP and cc-immunity and no ultimate ready. So far I hate when others do this, but this 2 guys were like 1vXers so I decided they should be able to cut through.

We have some nice (really) talk after all this and we agreed that Meditate is broken and should be removed from PVP, and guy told me Meditate is forbidden for 1v1 and only troll builds rely on it.

So... is it really BM in Cyro and if you are trying to play "honorably" better drop it or I should run 1 step behind the corner and Meditate there like 1vXers do and then it will be ok?
So far this ability looks like a 100% cheeze, but huge % of players use it, so idk..
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean maybe in a dueling tournament you shouldn't be running it and it will likely be banned but in terms of open world PVP everything is fair game tbh.
  • Bdawwg
    Bdawwg
    ✭✭✭
    How does the skill work exactly?
    You activate and boom the resources are restored or it’s a channel like dark exchange?
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qui Gon used it during his 1v1 with Darth Maul.

Didn't work out so well for him.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need an eye roll emoji.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    Qui Gon used it during his 1v1 with Darth Maul.

Didn't work out so well for him.

I'm dying rn :D
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo, everything is fair game in open world. In open world, I do many things to survive or make things more manageable which I myself think is kinda ill-mannered for duels like kiting for miles to drain my opponent's resources for that easy kill.
    Edited by susmitds on November 20, 2019 9:59PM
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meridia, troll king, meditate
    Lol
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a question of honour. Meditating, permablock or cloaking in 1v1 battles is just insulting to your enemy as well as Trollking and Meridia.
    The worst are the players who feel sooo great if they did that and then start to call you a noob, if you couldn't beat them.
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • LuckyLuke
    LuckyLuke
    ✭✭✭
    It is also GM to bow to you opponent before engaging. Some players insist that a haka be performed prior to crossing staves.
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a tool for generating stalemates in 1v1 and its of minimal use when groupfighting against similar numbers so generating those stalemates is really it’s only purpose.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    L_Nici wrote: »
    Its a question of honour. Meditating, permablock or cloaking in 1v1 battles is just insulting to your enemy as well as Trollking and Meridia.
    The worst are the players who feel sooo great if they did that and then start to call you a noob, if you couldn't beat them.

If they said noob they probably meant it in the sense that’s there’s no fair play in pvp. I see it like everything’s fair game except stuff like exploiting and cheating.

If you’re role playing a Knight or something that’s cool, but don’t expect others to abide by your code of honour.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, thanks for the answers, I guess it varies depending on situation.
    If that was duel-like 1v1 (i.e. you occasionally met and both have full resources) then just fight and let your opponent win if he is better. If this was some kind of ambush/trap or opponent is known for toxic behavior (like teabag after 10v1 etc), then it's your legitimate right to reset/stalemate.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bdawwg wrote: »
    You activate and boom the resources are restored or it’s a channel like dark exchange?

This is channel. You activate vigor after cc break and then meditate for 3-4 seconds while your opponent, with dependency of experience:
    - tries to bash you
    - spams his rotation on you with questionable results
    - heavy attacks you
    - meditates too
    - burns through (~5% from who I met are capable to do more sustained dps then you heal with vigor, recovery and meditate)
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I generally had used it on my stamplar when standing on a flag or if with a group and I seem to be the only one with ER/purge, I can keep up. I always wondered how well it would work had I hit it mid combat with ER and Vigor also ticking.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LOS in a 1v1 is kinda rude anyways and this skill works best with LOS sooooo... I'll let you make your own conclusions
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So two tower runners fight, only to find out that the build is pretty pointless and boring? Quelle surprise.
  • Bdawwg
    Bdawwg
    ✭✭✭

This is channel. You activate vigor after cc break and then meditate for 3-4 seconds while your opponent, with dependency of experience:
    - tries to bash you
    - heavy attacks you
    - meditates too
    - burns through (~5% from who I met are capable to do more sustained dps then you heal with vigor, recovery and meditate)

And can it be interrupted with ranged attacks like crushing shock?
    I ask because I haven’t come across someone using it yet/maybe I have but don’t know the animation
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- tries to bash you
    - heavy attacks you
    - meditates too

And can it be interrupted with ranged attacks like crushing shock?
    I ask because I haven’t come across someone using it yet/maybe I have but don’t know the animation

It can be interrupted if user is not cc-immune. But if user cc-immune, then no.. so far if you are fighting with somebody who abuses meditate it's better to avoid using your own cc for attrition, because it will have exactly opposite effect.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes. It should also be removed from the game.
    PC EU
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. It should also be removed from the game.

No need to remove, devs just need to add rule-breaker feature here and make it interruptable always no matter what, even through block

Though I forget about nigthblades meditating in cloak. Yeah, just remove
    Edited by MartiniDaniels on November 21, 2019 2:08PM
  • Grimhallow
    Grimhallow
    ✭✭✭
    My opinion is that in open-world cyrodiil nothing is off-limits or bad manners. Now in an organized 1:1 situation, I might take it off- but there is nothing wrong with running your open-world build during a "1v1" in the open world. Nobody is expecting you to change gear every fight.

• Bdawwg
    Bdawwg
    ✭✭✭
    You can cast it and hold block? Mitigation damage and restoring resources for the cost of nothing 🤔
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can cast it and hold block? Mitigation damage and restoring resources for the cost of nothing 🤔

In shield ultimate only of course :D not regular block.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine your Queen or King was standing behind you while you were playing foolishly. Do you think, they would say it was good or bad manners?

I'm sure my king would stab you in the heart.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We have some nice (really) talk after all this and we agreed that Meditate is broken and should be removed from PVP, and guy told me Meditate is forbidden for 1v1 and only troll builds rely on it.

So... is it really BM in Cyro and if you are trying to play "honorably" better drop it or I should run 1 step behind the corner and Meditate there like 1vXers do and then it will be ok?

I would never see Meditate as "not honorable" skill. I don't use it... simply cause I don't even have Psijic line unlocked on my current PvP character :D

There is no skill/set in the game which can be called "not honorble" - only actions can have no honor if you talk about 1v1.

Not honorable is to ruin somebody's good fight by zerging one of fighters (unless that fighter was zerging you before, of course).

Not honorable is to try to kill somebody while they are fighting a district boss.

As for Meditating opponents, I either try to interrupt them, or use heavy attacks to get some of my resources back as well.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No. I meditated with my father, so it's fair game.
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't use it in a 1v1, it's cheesy af.
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the skill itself is a joke, but if its in the game u can use it.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... It can be anoying especially when used on tankier toon. But not being able to kill a tank was never an issue for me, he can't kill me either. He can survive more, I can kill more, he gets less AP I get more :trollface:
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Well... It can be anoying especially when used on tankier toon. But not being able to kill a tank was never an issue for me, he can't kill me either. He can survive more, I can kill more, he gets less AP I get more :trollface:

The tank is actually getting more AP over time, since the game rewards tagging enemies and being present for fights and doesn’t measure your contribution. The best build for farming Alliance Points is one that lets you hang around for as long as possible and soak up AP without dying.