Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Kaalgrondtiid PC NA

• MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @NBrookus Meh, name them. What is zos gonna do, ban you from forums? Give them to me ,I'll post them. Could careless if zos bans me from forums
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have abandoned so many campaigns because of my own faction bringing shame. Never have understood the gate camping thing. Poor sportsmanship is strong with many people.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    hmm.. I'm a gate camper. :)

I will admit I don't enjoy playing on a faction that is over populated or under populated and will adjust my playing habits accordingly. If DC is underpopulated and nobody is trying I will say a few things in chat ( out of frustration ) go do something else and then come back when things change.

However, I do find some very interesting fights at gates.

Players who cry about losing is also poor sportsmanship. Just wanted to point that out, I don't think it really has anything to do with ESO because apparently Zeni thinks it is fair to have uneven population.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    For a few campaigns now, DC and EP have been working hard to avoid each other's territory and both focus only on decimating AD, to the point that they have not only become a single faction versus AD, but are actually engaging in ongoing harassment because of this approach. There's been a number of times when I've jumped off the wall at the Western Elsweyr gate and found 20 DC gate camping. And so I've gone to the Eastern Elsweyr gate and found EP doing exactly the same thing. When EP and DC work together in this way to ensure AD can't even play the game, it's getting a bit ridiculous.

Perhaps you've missed the times EP has pushed DC's trikeeps while not owning Drake or BRK. Or DC has pursued the faction obsession with Chal or Kingscrest while said trikeeps are being attacked or even are solidly in red, yellow or orange hands.

Every faction gets double teamed sometimes. But actual spawn camping at the gates is pathetic as it gets. Too bad you can't name and shame, because the identities of the perpetrators might be illuminating.

I can only speak for DC, but we seem to have 2 main types of pvpers. One type, which I am a member of, plays the map, tries to regain home keeps, stop emp pushes by AD or EP, and focuses on reducing the points of the lead faction if it's not DC. The other type doesn't seem to care one iota about the campaign, and will usually be found zerging Bleakers or Chal, even if we're losing tri-keeps or scrolls. I'm guessing these players are simply trying to fill kill quests before logging off or porting back to PvE land. I think these are the same players that gate camp, simply because it's the easiest way to get AP.
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    NBrookus wrote: »
    For a few campaigns now, DC and EP have been working hard to avoid each other's territory and both focus only on decimating AD, to the point that they have not only become a single faction versus AD, but are actually engaging in ongoing harassment because of this approach. There's been a number of times when I've jumped off the wall at the Western Elsweyr gate and found 20 DC gate camping. And so I've gone to the Eastern Elsweyr gate and found EP doing exactly the same thing. When EP and DC work together in this way to ensure AD can't even play the game, it's getting a bit ridiculous.

Perhaps you've missed the times EP has pushed DC's trikeeps while not owning Drake or BRK. Or DC has pursued the faction obsession with Chal or Kingscrest while said trikeeps are being attacked or even are solidly in red, yellow or orange hands.

Every faction gets double teamed sometimes. But actual spawn camping at the gates is pathetic as it gets. Too bad you can't name and shame, because the identities of the perpetrators might be illuminating.

I can only speak for DC, but we seem to have 2 main types of pvpers. One type, which I am a member of, plays the map, tries to regain home keeps, stop emp pushes by AD or EP, and focuses on reducing the points of the lead faction if it's not DC. The other type doesn't seem to care one iota about the campaign, and will usually be found zerging Bleakers or Chal, even if we're losing tri-keeps or scrolls. I'm guessing these players are simply trying to fill kill quests before logging off or porting back to PvE land. I think these are the same players that gate camp, simply because it's the easiest way to get AP.

I have only played on AD and always will. But I can say AD has the same type of players. Those who play the map and those who hump the Alessia bridge while the world around them burns.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All 3 factions have players who care or do not care about the campaign, or may change what they feel like doing from day to day. And sometimes the groups or players that don't care about score do serve a strategic purpose by creating distractions and/or tying up proportionately larger numbers of enemies.

• TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I care about the map. Sometimes I don't care about the map.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imagine only being able to emp because most the game cant get in rn, GJ Fengzerg. https://imgur.com/a/6RLw7Yl

Edit: Dw, now that the servers are fixed and players are actually on EP made sure to make this the one of the fastest dethrones in 2019.
    Before: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/614847797690236942/638838646895542273/unknown.png 4:36 est
    after: https://imgur.com/a/carYg1d 6:19 est

I hope you enjoyed your 1 tick because you're in for it now smurfs.
    Edited by Carespanker on October 29, 2019 10:28PM
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine only being able to emp because most the game cant get in rn, GJ Fengzerg. https://imgur.com/a/6RLw7Yl

Edit: Dw, now that the servers are fixed and players are actually on EP made sure to make this the one of the fastest dethrones in 2019.
    Before: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/614847797690236942/638838646895542273/unknown.png 4:36 est

Now can you point at the doll where he touched you? I bet you dethroning with a 3 bar pop vs dc's one bar pop was satisfying. Did the painintheaxe zerg get emp btw? :P
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, we gotta gate camp every once in a while. How else are alts gonna get those skyshards? ;)
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now can you point at the doll where he touched you? I bet you dethroning with a 3 bar pop vs dc's one bar pop was satisfying. Did the painintheaxe zerg get emp btw? :P

Y'all still claiming stream-sniping whenever Fengrush gets dumpstered by a competent group?

Never forget the "hurr I had Enzo's 6-man distracted in the tower guys, me do good job, orc orc orc."
  • enzoisadog
    enzoisadog
    ✭✭✭✭
    TRUE LULW
    NA-PC
    Ballgroup enjoyer also known as the best ballgroup player.
  • Nevidyra
    Nevidyra
    ✭✭✭✭
    People wonder why PvP is dying and why they're struggling to find fights these days, when two factions with a consistent 2-3 bar population during the day team up to gate and take the scrolls from the faction in last place that's struggling to even manage a 1-bar population during the day... that is also in last place with a 2,000 score gap from second place, with around 100 score per update WITH a low population bonus.

Said two factions don't even fight eachother during the day. Rarely during primetime. It must be really fun to roll over an empty map, making people leave Cyrodiil, before proceeding to stare at each other from afar at Bleakers whilst nothing happens until primetime, huh? Hard to even get a good outnumbered fight going when you're rolled by 20-30 blues or reds each time you try.

Oh, wait- I forgot to mention that the EP Emperor at the time holding all of the Emperor keeps ran the other scroll to Rayles and handed it over to DC. Then DC pushed south to *** with the faction in last place instead of trying to De-Emp. Sharing is caring, apparently.
    Edited by Nevidyra on November 4, 2019 8:05PM
    -PC/NA/AD-
    CP 1k+

Immortal Redeemer [✅]
    Tick-Tock Tormentor [✅]
    Gryphon Heart [✅]
    Godslayer [WIP]
    Dawnbringer [N/A]

• MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Nevidyra that sucks
  • Pelican
    Pelican
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow my own faction is painting the whole map consistently this campaign, having emperor and 6 scrolls 24/7 and poplocked while the other 2 alliances are 1 bar. Let me swap over to the other alliances real quick to help balance the population a bit and make the campaign more enjoyable for everyone.

oh wait
    Edited by Pelican on November 6, 2019 5:02PM
    PC NA - EP Solo PvP Player
    https://www.youtube.com/c/pelicaneso
  • Nevidyra
    Nevidyra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait to see all of thee people concerned about population imbalances switch to AD next cycle! Gotta help out the faction with the consistent lowpop bonus, right?

Oh, wait. That won't happen.

0FBNTdi.jpg

Faction lock isn't the problem- we need dynamic populations to balance this out and stop this from happening.
    Edited by Nevidyra on November 6, 2019 6:49PM
    -PC/NA/AD-
    CP 1k+

Immortal Redeemer [✅]
    Tick-Tock Tormentor [✅]
    Gryphon Heart [✅]
    Godslayer [WIP]
    Dawnbringer [N/A]

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nevidyra wrote: »
    Can't wait to see all of thee people concerned about population imbalances switch to AD next cycle! Gotta help out the faction with the consistent lowpop bonus, right?

0FBNTdi.jpg

Faction lock isn't the problem- we need dynamic populations to balance this out and stop this from happening.

Lol you got 4 scrolls down there. "Stop teaming up on us!" LMAO
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

0FBNTdi.jpg

Lol where did those scrolls come from? They obviously weren't both just taken by AD since red has so much of the map. It is more likely reds are trying to take all 4 of their enemies' scrolls at once.

PC/NA

Youtube
  • Nevidyra
    Nevidyra
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »

0FBNTdi.jpg

Lol where did those scrolls come from? They obviously weren't both just taken by AD since red has so much of the map. It is more likely reds are trying to take all 4 of their enemies' scrolls at once.

They were indeed red players trying to gate AD whilst having DC's scrolls. This happened with AD's scrolls the other day when EP tried to gate DC. Can't believe that dude thinks a low-pop bonus one-bar faction gated a 2-bar pop faction whilst also fighting another 2-bar pop faction.
    Edited by Nevidyra on November 6, 2019 7:12PM
    -PC/NA/AD-
    CP 1k+

Immortal Redeemer [✅]
    Tick-Tock Tormentor [✅]
    Gryphon Heart [✅]
    Godslayer [WIP]
    Dawnbringer [N/A]

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

0FBNTdi.jpg

Clearly AD got those scrolls while they were at one bar pop against a double faction stack, right?

If we had dynamic population caps, the equivalent numbers of DIG and Vae Victus wouldn't have been able to play in prime time last night because DC had 3 bars. Which would do nothing but *** those players off.

We need dynamic *scoring,* so people can play when they want but scoring is proportionately relevant to the overall population. I.E. capping all the scrolls when no one else is online isn't like scoring extra touchdowns on an empty field at halftime.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

0FBNTdi.jpg

They were indeed red players trying to gate AD whilst having DC's scrolls. This happened with AD's scrolls the other day when EP tried to gate DC. Use your brain, technohic.

Yea I dont know how you look at that map and believe AD had taken DC's scrolls.

PC/NA

Youtube
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

0FBNTdi.jpg

They were indeed red players trying to gate AD whilst having DC's scrolls. This happened with AD's scrolls the other day when EP tried to gate DC. Use your brain, technohic.

I dont see anything on there that shows the population history. For all I know, AD night capped the scrolls and EP is now Daycapping them. 1 trikeep for AD is burst and a scrolls is west of the next one.

And its not like we can't see from experience when AD will hang dig in at Warden or Rayles while EP hits glade hoping to ninja a scroll. Always victims though. Poor AD.
  • Nevidyra
    Nevidyra
    ✭✭✭✭

0FBNTdi.jpg

I dont see anything on there that shows the population history. For all I know, AD night capped the scrolls and EP is now Daycapping them. 1 trikeep for AD is burst and a scrolls is west of the next one.

And its not like we can't see from experience when AD will hang dig in at Warden or Rayles while EP hits glade hoping to ninja a scroll. Always victims though. Poor AD.

AD was literally lowpop the entire morning when EP was rolling the map w/ DC's scrolls, but keep making excuses. If those were AD scrolls, they'd be secured at AD keeps. At least ONE of them would have been at Faregyl.
    Edited by Nevidyra on November 6, 2019 9:33PM
    -PC/NA/AD-
    CP 1k+

Immortal Redeemer [✅]
    Tick-Tock Tormentor [✅]
    Gryphon Heart [✅]
    Godslayer [WIP]
    Dawnbringer [N/A]

• Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pelican wrote: »
    Wow my own faction is painting the whole map consistently this campaign, having emperor and 6 scrolls 24/7 and poplocked while the other 2 alliances are 1 bar. Let me swap over to the other alliances real quick to stomp the pugs that only like to play when their alliance is dominant

oh wait

FTFY
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know pvp is truly dead when Chilo of all people gets carried to emp
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about that lag
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    How about that lag

The night I get around to finally bringing my baby magcro to Kaal, and the server decides to sh** itself.
  • Nevidyra
    Nevidyra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another cycle where Ni nightcaps the hell out of the map to put DC in first, and where a self-proclaimed "small-scale" on EP with about 15 players takes Nikel and farms Ash/Roebeck and starts flipping keeps if they can't farm nooby pugs at 3am whilst EP loudly proclaims on the forums that they don't nightcap.

Yeah, PVP is dead. ZOS put Cyrodiil on the deathbed, players finished the job. This *** isn't fun anymore and the hypocrites are getting extremely tiring.
    Edited by Nevidyra on November 21, 2019 9:03AM
    -PC/NA/AD-
    CP 1k+

Immortal Redeemer [✅]
    Tick-Tock Tormentor [✅]
    Gryphon Heart [✅]
    Godslayer [WIP]
    Dawnbringer [N/A]

• MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Join the group. It's a boring cycle that never changes. Zos has done very little to keep pvp in cyro fresh.

This is also what happened to the under 50 server. One faction would night cap the map and everyone got tired of being camped.

That place is a ghost town now. You can't even do enough pvp to level a toon for vet in there.
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another cycle where Ni nightcaps the hell out of the map to put DC in first, and where a self-proclaimed "small-scale" on EP with about 15 players takes Nikel and farms Ash/Roebeck and starts flipping keeps if they can't farm nooby pugs at 3am whilst EP loudly proclaims on the forums that they don't nightcap.

Yeah, PVP is dead. ZOS put Cyrodiil on the deathbed, players finished the job. This *** isn't fun anymore and the hypocrites are getting extremely tiring.

And AD did this a while back but while poplocked, unfortunately we don’t have consistent numbers all the time..BG‘s haven’t been working so if you want to farm ap all you can do is pvdoor