Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Did I see a weird bug or cheating ?

rosalith
rosalith
✭✭✭
Last night at a keep, one of the outer postern walls was taking damage on its own, as if it were poisoned. I was there the whole time, there was no sieges, but there were a group of 5 blues pottering around outside the wall waiting for it to fall. when it did, then they stormed the place. I slipped out and confirmed no sieges in the area and repaired the wall. What could cause this?
"The only way to change a slaver's mind is to drive a sword through it!" - Hiath the Battlemaster
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siege could have been out of draw distance. Or just not been loaded on your screen. Could be lag also. Unless you have video, I would refrain from calling it cheating.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    did they have the Volendrung unique Two-Handed Dwarven warhammer?
    because that would surely do the same thing to keep walls as seige does.
  • rosalith
    rosalith
    ✭✭✭
    Voledrung was not there. Another thing I forgot to say was that the keep wasn't marked as 'under attack' either. Really weird stuff
    "The only way to change a slaver's mind is to drive a sword through it!" - Hiath the Battlemaster
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen that before. There are a few keeps near hills where siege can be place far away. When the siege is far away it won't show up, yet the wall will just take damage.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw this once at a DC fort. The wall nearest the resource west of the keep was losing health, and if I stood on top of that section of wall I would take damage, but there was absolutely none of the sound and visual effects associated with a wall being sieged. Eventually, the wall fell and a handful of enemy players stormed in, only to be quickly wiped by the DC that responded to my zone call out. I suspect that the enemy players were sieging from the top of the resource tower without flipping the resource, which may have interfered with the game rendering the siege effects due to the extreme distance.

To answer your question, it’s definitely a bug, and cheating if they’re doing it knowing it’s bugged.
    Edited by Marcus684 on November 18, 2019 9:46PM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others mentioned it's a big that can be reproduced 100% of a time.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    I've seen that before. There are a few keeps near hills where siege can be place far away. When the siege is far away it won't show up, yet the wall will just take damage.

How odd.

Whenever I've used the "siege from a resource" or from a distance tactic, we could always see our own weapons hitting the keep AND the keep always flagged at the correct HP.

So the weapons hitting the wall properly render on our end, and the server is properly registering the attacks by flagging the keep. If defending players can't see incoming siege or the animation/effects of being under attack, we'd have no way of knowing.

Still seems like something ZOS should check out to make sure defenders can actually see the incoming siege and its effects.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Invisible siege happens sometimes, even at close distances. No ground queues, just damage, and sometimes it renders for some players but not others.

Just like invisible negates and time stops.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds a bit exploity to me.