The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Reimbursed for purchasing broken mount via crown store

Weesacs
Weesacs
✭✭✭✭
Hi,

I recently purchased the Hollowjack Rider horse with 400 crown gems however I notice that it is very buggy when dismounting. Essentially you can't bar swap or go through doors / interact with NPCs until such time your characters head reappears which can sometimes take a while to appear. If I had known it was going to be this bad I would not have purchased it. Because of this I was wondering if I could be reimbursed with my crown gems and you guys can take the mount back? Below is a video link that shows the bug being experienced in-game: https://youtu.be/yyECFoCObdo

I have already contacted customer service and also sent a PM to @ZOS_JessicaFolsom however to date I have had no response from either.

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
High Elf Templar
PS4 - EU - DC
Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh, that is rough. I remember being excited about these mounts until I realized that the disappearing head wasn't optional. I had no idea how big a bullet I dodged.

I imagine they haven't gotten back to you yet because of all the reports and complaints they've had to deal with surrounding the Undaunted Event. I hope they get back to you soon.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks mate. Yeah I actually love the mount and was excited when I saw it in the crown store however it's blatantly broken and I hope they do the decent thing and reimburse me my crown gems as I would never have purchased it if I had known the issues it had.
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weesacs wrote: »
    Thanks mate. Yeah I actually love the mount and was excited when I saw it in the crown store however it's blatantly broken and I hope they do the decent thing and reimburse me my crown gems as I would never have purchased it if I had known the issues it had.

Did you submit a support ticket online? I believe you will be reimbursed, but it’s possible it will take a bit longer since someone will have to remove it from your collections (as versus something you can destroy).
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    Did you submit a support ticket online

I did mate. The ticket details are as follows:

Question Reference # 191112-003559
    Date Created: 11/12/2019 07:23 PM
    Date Last Updated: 11/12/2019 07:23 PM
    Edited by Weesacs on November 16, 2019 7:20AM
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    I contacted the following email address as well as no one is helping me with this issue: info@bethsoft.com
    Edited by Weesacs on November 18, 2019 12:42PM
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I contacted the following email address as well as no one is helping me with this issue: info@bethsoft.com

Were you not contacted by support or were you told you couldn’t be refunded?
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭

I've not been contacted by anyone unfortunately mate. I did get the following response:

We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 96 hours (4 days).

I responded to this but nothing as yet. What's the best way to progress this issue? Also, is there a specific route I should be taking to escalate these kind of issues?
    Edited by Weesacs on November 18, 2019 6:48PM
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've not been contacted by anyone unfortunately mate. I did get the following response:

We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 96 hours (4 days).

I responded to this but nothing as yet. What's the best way to progress this issue? Also, is there a specific route I should be taking to escalate these kind of issues?

When I’ve requested refunds for Crownstore items, I’ve submitted a ticket online and asked to be contacted via text. Both times I was contacted within the hour and my request resolved (mine were probably made easy by being items I could destroy as versus a collection item that would need to be removed by ZOS). Did you receive no other message than the “We will assume your issue has been resolved...”? It doesn’t make sense that no other was sent first... The first time I contacted ZOS support was for forum access and that did take longer (a few days) but I got the e-mail invite and that either included or was followed up by the “We will assume your issue has been resolved...”
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apologies for the noob question but how did you contact customer services? What options / route did u take? Was it in game or via the website? (Also thanks for your feedback so far mate, as you've proven that all is not lost ☺)
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apologies for the noob question but how did you contact customer services? What options / route did u take? Was it in game or via the website? (Also thanks for your feedback so far mate, as you've proven that all is not lost ☺)

No need to apologize and happy to help if I can! :) I submitted my tickets on the website, not in game, as I heard from others that was the best way to do things.
    Category > Billing
    Select platform
    In-game store issue > Request refund

Succinctly explain what you want a refund on and why. I request to be contacted by text because it’s easier for me and any back-and-forth can be done quickly (at least for my requests since they were easily resolved).
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭

No need to apologize and happy to help if I can! :) I submitted my tickets on the website, not in game, as I heard from others that was the best way to do things.
    Category > Billing
    Select platform

Succinctly explain what you want a refund on and why. I request to be contacted by text because it’s easier for me and any back-and-forth can be done quickly (at least for my requests since they were easily resolved).

Good news mate, I got reimbursed this morning ☺ Essentially, the customer representative explained that I had used the incorrect options to raise a ticket as I had raised it via the bug interface which he stated don't actually receive any feedback and gets sent straight to the development team.

Again thanks for your help mate. I'll ensure I use the approach you stated above in future communication with customer service 👍
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Category > Billing
    Select platform

Good news mate, I got reimbursed this morning ☺ Essentially, the customer representative explained that I had used the incorrect options to raise a ticket as I had raised it via the bug interface which he stated don't actually receive any feedback and gets sent straight to the development team.

Again thanks for your help mate. I'll ensure I use the approach you stated above in future communication with customer service 👍

Glad it got resolved! Might I recommend the New Moon Horse instead? It's spooky, and I've really been enjoying it and it hasn't caused me any grief.
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭

Category > Billing
    Select platform

Glad it got resolved! Might I recommend the New Moon Horse instead? It's spooky, and I've really been enjoying it and it hasn't caused me any grief.

Yeah I'm pondering on whether to get the new moon mount with the 400 gems or not because it definitely suits the theme of my character ... decisions, decisions 😂 If I do however I'm glad to hear there wont be any issues with it 👍
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Category > Billing
    Select platform

Yeah I'm pondering on whether to get the new moon mount with the 400 gems or not because it definitely suits the theme of my character ... decisions, decisions 😂 If I do however I'm glad to hear there wont be any issues with it 👍

Purely subjective thing, but if you do get it, I suggest toggling off the visibility of the stamina upgrade. Without, it has that nice plague doctor looking mask. The stamina upgrade adds some rather strange pointy bits to the face.
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭

Category > Billing
    Select platform

Purely subjective thing, but if you do get it, I suggest toggling off the visibility of the stamina upgrade. Without, it has that nice plague doctor looking mask. The stamina upgrade adds some rather strange pointy bits to the face.

Ok thanks mate. I'll take a look at that if I do decide to get it 👍
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC