Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any fix for the 999+ ping and disconnects?

EnglishTea123
EnglishTea123
✭✭✭
Any actual fix for this yet? I've tried opening the ports, and the best it does is extend my playtime before I get disconnected again. Mine's a bit weird because in port-forwarding section, it says "Source IP Address" "Source Port" "External Port" "Internal IP Address" "Internal Port". I've tried to set up the port-forwarding as told. Do I have to have the Source IP, Source Port, and External Port altogether for this to work? For example, in "TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131", am I putting 24100 and 24131 in external port section or internal or both? And does this ACTUALLY work?
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go PC NA
  • EnglishTea123
    EnglishTea123
    ✭✭✭
    Guessing that there's still no fix for it then?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @EnglishTea123

Since opening ports hasn't helped with your high ping and disconnections while playing, the next thing you can check is your anti-virus and firewall settings.

Each antivirus program is different, and we recommend you view your antivirus developer's website for full instructions on how to add exceptions.

The application files that may require exceptions are:
    • ESO_launcher: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\Launcher
    • ESO64.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso64.exe (by default)

Some antivirus programs require entire folders to be selected instead of a single file.When this is the case, the file paths below are what players should use. If required by the antivirus program, include all subfolders since every file is critical to run the game.
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Bayuol
    Bayuol
    I've tried that, I've checked port forwarding and checked to be sure nothing else could be blocking it.

For whatever reason the game's connection has been awful since the 7th. Cyrodiil is out of the question. Dungeons seem to struggle at larger fights. Trials are near impossible.

Mostly seems to be skip lag/high latency and input lag.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Bayuol

There are some additional troubleshooting steps you can take on your end that can help with these latency issues.

What do I do if I have bad latency in game on PC/Mac?

If you go through these steps and see no improvement, you should proceed to opening a ticket with customer support.
    Staff Post
  • EnglishTea123
    EnglishTea123
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @EnglishTea123

Since opening ports hasn't helped with your high ping and disconnections while playing, the next thing you can check is your anti-virus and firewall settings.

Each antivirus program is different, and we recommend you view your antivirus developer's website for full instructions on how to add exceptions.

The application files that may require exceptions are:
    • ESO_launcher: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\Launcher
    • ESO64.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso64.exe (by default)

Some antivirus programs require entire folders to be selected instead of a single file.When this is the case, the file paths below are what players should use. If required by the antivirus program, include all subfolders since every file is critical to run the game.
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\

I'll try this when I get home. Thank you. But I do have a question regarding my port forwarding. Did I do it right? I'm still not sure where I need to put what. External ports and internal ports are so confusing to me haha maybe I'm just overthinking
  • EnglishTea123
    EnglishTea123
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

Turns out, I've already had that done, but the game kept getting disconnected. I don't think I've ever had this issue in 2014~2015, except for the input lag. I'm playing from Korea, so I know that there's that whole distance issue thing, but on good days, I can play without any disconnects at 250~300 but stable ping. If there's anything that I should do for smoother gameplay but I haven't, please let me know! So far, I've done both port forwarding and anti-virus and firewall exceptions and they're still set the way they're supposed to.
  • EnglishTea123
    EnglishTea123
    ✭✭✭
    And I'm not sure if this will provide any useful information, but I'll mention the fact that when there's an update, my launcher is downloading the files at like 50 Mbps/s. Really, I don't know if this information will provide any usefulness, but just thought I'd mention it just in case haha
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @EnglishTea123

Have you opened a ticket with customer support yet?

If not, you should go ahead and open one since they can investigate further into other factors that may be causing the latency while playing ESO.
    Staff Post
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have been having trouble with this today :/ and I am on PC NA. (but in Australia) I also an issue on Sunday (but I gave up after the first disconnect because I was busy).

I had no issue at all during the Halloween events so something recently must have changed, either the server or ISP or nodes.

• EnglishTea123
    EnglishTea123
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

Hi. I haven't opened a ticket about this recently, but I will. Before I do that, though, I'm thinking about contacting my ISP to see if the technician from my ISP can do anything about it. Is there anything that I should tell my ISP? Like, is there anything that I should tell them to check while they're here checking things out?

Thanks.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @EnglishTea123

When you contact your ISP you should check if there are any local issues that may be affecting your connection. Another thing to check is the type of IP address you currently have.
    Staff Post
  • copito
    copito
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing here since yesterday. Ping goes to 999 out nowhere and then it disconnects. At times after 20 seconds or so it comes back to normal. EU Server
    Edited by copito on November 20, 2019 7:35PM
  • EnglishTea123
    EnglishTea123
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, thank you, @ZOS_BillE. I'll see how things go with ISP.

Thanks!

And, copito, same for me on PC NA. On good days, I can play for a few hours, but on "bad" days, I'd get disconnected every 1~5 minutes.
  • Stevie6
    Stevie6
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well today the server is lagged out once again 999+. I've been hitting upwards of 15000ms in dungeons. Even on overland content with a good ping of 74 ms, I cannot go anywhere or do anything. Back to Elite Dangerous.. :(