The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Dungeon Explorer costume

luxius63
luxius63
Soul Shriven
why it disappeared from the shop before the date announced and why those who bought it can no longer put it on
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was an exploit involving it in Cyrodiil apparently.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Great...which means on XB it'll be months from now before we get the permanent fix, since we barely get any incremental patches. I don't PvP and none of my characters are S&B. Ah well...I hadn't actually equipped the costume on any of my characters yet, but now that I can't, I want all of them to wear it! :D
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on November 18, 2019 10:32PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG, ZOS's solution - instead of fixing exploit - disabling the costume. [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 29, 2023 6:15PM
  • wavingblue
    wavingblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    How in the hell do you code an exploit in a skin in the first place? It's cosmetic only... right?
  • CiliPadi
    CiliPadi
    ✭✭✭✭
    There was an exploit involving it in Cyrodiil apparently.

Wait... a COSTUME that is an exploit in PvP? LOL?

Edited by CiliPadi on November 19, 2019 12:12AM
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG, ZOS's solution - instead of fixing exploit - disabling the costume.

Or, perhaps - disabling the costume (since they can do that nigh-instantly) while they work on fixing the exploit (takes more time).

But, whatever. That doesn't feed into the "ZOMG ZoS = morons!" bandwagon.

(and it also isn't remarkably similar to things other games have done when big exploits have popped up.)
    CiliPadi wrote: »
    Wait... a COSTUME that is an exploit in PvP? LOL?

Apparently, wearing the costume in concert with some other pieces of equipment made you both invisible and un-hittable. Kind of a big deal in pvp. And the kind of odd synergy bug that takes a bit of combing through the code to figure out how the * it happened.
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They are fixing it. The fix will roll out with the next incremental hotfix, and they're disabling it until then.
    wavingblue wrote: »
    How in the hell do you code an exploit in a skin in the first place? It's cosmetic only... right?

Costumes change how your character appears in the world. I imagine something like, say, exploiting a bug in a costume so that it turns your character invisible to other players in a PvP setting could be a pretty significant issue.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 29, 2023 6:17PM
  • Romilly
    Romilly
    ✭✭✭
    What I want to know is why I have not been refunded crowns for my loss...
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Romilly wrote: »
    What I want to know is why I have not been refunded crowns for my loss...

Because you haven't lost it. You temporarily don't have access to it while its in the shop for repairs. As soon as its fixed, it'll be reenabled for your use.
    Edited by VaranisArano on November 19, 2019 12:31AM
  • wavingblue
    wavingblue
    ✭✭✭✭

They are fixing it. The fix will roll out with the next incremental hotfix, and they're disabling it until then.

Costumes change how your character appears in the world. I imagine something like, say, exploiting a bug in a costume so that it turns your character invisible to other players in a PvP setting could be a pretty significant issue.

APPEARS... not functions... APPEARS. How in the hell does an APPEARANCE cause you to not be hit.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 29, 2023 6:17PM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    [Dives into the bug filled dungeons using the group finder tool]

deep-sea-diver-mens-costume.jpg
    Edited by Asardes on November 19, 2019 1:04AM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip]

Might I suggest you look up what a slippery slope logical fallacy means ... before commenting on what is factually correct??

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 29, 2023 6:16PM
  • Strike_Maximus
    Strike_Maximus
    ✭✭✭
    I think the real question is who the hell figured out this costume was exploitable in the 1st place??? Like how????
    PC/NA/DC

CP 810
    Garin Maximus, Breton, Dragonknight, Confused (Crafter)
    Vertalius Maximus, Imperial, Templar, Tank
    Vistilia Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, Healer
    Stormproof - Rowlan Maximus, Breton, Pet Sorc, DPS (MAIN)
    Theottus Maximus, Imperial, Stam night blade, DPS
    Stedus Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, DPS
    Dexion Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Necromancer, DPS
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭

APPEARS... not functions... APPEARS. How in the hell does an APPEARANCE cause you to not be hit.

...if people can't see you, then they're going have to a harder time targeting you. For what I feel are pretty obvious reasons.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 29, 2023 6:18PM
  • wavingblue
    wavingblue
    ✭✭✭✭

...if people can't see you, then they're going have to a harder time targeting you. For what I feel are pretty obvious reasons.

How does that get into production? How can you be seen running throughout Tamriel but as soon as you get into PVP you can't be seen because of an APPEARANCE issue? How is something like this not seen in testing?

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 29, 2023 6:19PM
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How does that get into production? How can you be seen running throughout Tamriel but as soon as you get into PVP you can't be seen because of an APPEARANCE issue? How is something like this not seen in testing?

If it's an exploit, it's very possible that it doesn't normally happen, and needs to be specifically triggered somehow. That sort of thing makes it through testing in all sorts of games, though yes, ESO's testing process seems to let a lot of things through that they really probably shouldn't.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 29, 2023 6:19PM
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the real question is who the hell figured out this costume was exploitable in the 1st place??? Like how????

not even a question. probably the guy who bought it just wear it then went for bgs/ cyro whatever with snb build then realized he is invincible and then told the others.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

With this thread derailing a bit and updates being posted here, we're going to go ahead and close this thread down. For further updates be sure to keep a watch on the Dev Tracker or this thread here.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.