The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Co-sign my house please!

Crucified4sin
Crucified4sin
✭✭✭
So itd be cool if you could go in on a house with another player.

My buddy and I play together from time to time, hes got two kids, a fulltime job, and a modest property to maintain.. needless to say he doesn't have much time to log in.

Just yesterday he bought a house, mistviel manor I believe, and we spent the better part of 2 hours (in queue for dungeon(a whole other monster)) decorating and furnishings the house.. he wont be back on for who knows how long, mean while I could be decking the house out, or at least stocking up on furniture.

It got me thinking it'd be awesome if two (or more) players could go in on a house together, pool thier gold ingame and buy a 4 million house. All on the "contract" would be able to place and pick up objects, set as the primary residence, and have all the browse options as if it was thier own.

This way there could be legitimate guild halls, paid for by members and or officers of said guild. Making that reliance on that one player in guild who has the big house and all the accommodations less important. (Meaning keep him/her happy or your back at square one).. Making it a more collective effort of the guild as a whole.

Who knows maybe it'll draw all these loosely built guilds closer together..
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I think this is a cool idea, I'm not sure how it could be implemented within the current housing system.

Since houses are collectibles, they are unlocked on one's account. I'm not sure how they would handle unlocking a house on two (or more account) that would all be the same instance of that house.

I can see them doing something for guildhalls, where as a GM, a player could buy a specific instance of a house as a guildhall, but again, I'm just not sure how that would work given the way the housing system is structured.

Plus, there is always a risk when giving players certain permissions to your home. In your case, the two of you trust each other, so co-ownership could work, provided ZOS could figure out a way to make it work.

It becomes more problematic with a guild hall, however. You really have to be careful what permissions you give guild members. Limited decorator at least keeps players from taking things from a guild hall, even though they could go in and mess things up with that permission. And if there were an additional permission added to allow full decorator privileges for, say officers, you have to really trust those players and hope that the system doesn't glitch and give all guild members full access, which has happened with the limited decorator permission.

Again, a cool idea, but I'm not sure how they would implement it given the way housing is currently structured.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Besides the issue of collectibles, I imagine it would create a whole new headache for ZOS with the inevitable falling outs etc. that would happen between some players. I’m sure many would benefit from it and make it work well but there would also be fallings out and people going into such partnerships without due caution, etc., even as irl and then it would get messy and players would be demanding ZOS be “divorce attorney” and judge, essentially.
  • Crucified4sin
    Crucified4sin
    ✭✭✭
    I see all of your combined points. I agree it would be difficult to work out the collectable side of it all.. multiple owners etc.

So maybe they allow for, as Jayne_doe said, full access to the editor.. of course it would be important to vet those you give the access to.

As for the "divorce" instances, it does happen. Unfortunate but true.. however (to be cheeky) zos would just lump the complaints of whatever party onto the ominous pile of complaints, never to be seen again.

"zos is not and will not be held responsible for private disputes"

or some such legal jargon in the fine print

I think you should be allowed to grant unfettered access to whomever you want. In no way could zos be held responsible if after all your in control of said settings. The responsibility rests on your (no one in particular) ability to judge someone's character, either in game, or real life (my situation being with a life long buddy, whom I trust with my life). Sure there are countless toxic people out there, trying desperately to scam someone outta something, (anything it seems like).. but again it's up to you to make that call in the end, whether or not they are deemed "safe" to grant access to.

I understand zos has enough issues to deal with other than my housing experience, but one can wish lol 🙄
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wish I could rent out my manors for gold. :)

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Crucified4sin
    Crucified4sin
    ✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I wish I could rent out my manors for gold. :)

That would be cool lol