Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS you need to FOCUS. Will the lag ever be fixed?

Jjitsuboy98
Jjitsuboy98
✭✭✭✭
I don’t understand. Why is it not fixed yet? Great game but it’s so frustrating in PVP. How can we send a message as a fan base? I’m guessing we can’t.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it won’t be. As I’ve said before, al they’ve ever promised is possible improvements in FPS in big battles for people on older machines. That’s it. I’m not being cynical. Do not expect the upcoming “performance improvements” to fix lag. They’re not even aimed at that.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He said it before!
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For them to fix the lag they would probably need to reprogram the entire game to reduce floating point in it, not just damage.

Floating point is everywhere in the game from player position, to visibility, to shadow effects, and unknown or maybe known to them is that these things not only increase load on the server but can also be exploited because of how the server handles calculations when under heavy load. (point blank players being out of range, players suddenly becoming invisible point blank because of terrain, etc.)

All of those are expensive operations, especially for a server to handle and send over a connection to more than one player.

I have no concrete knowledge about how the game works because I just play and observe, but I'm good at guessing.
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't expect it to be fixed or you'll be disappointed. Its been bad for a long time but people still put up with it so I guess they aren't going to bother doing much to fix it.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR33 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR22 |
    DC | Not Zevrro II | Magicka Warden | AR14 |
    DC | Necrotic Zevrro | Magicka Necromancer | AR17 |
    EP | Real-Skyice | Stamina Warden | AR10 |

>156m AP
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    In before thread gets locked. You may not criticize ZOS, at all! Just shut up and love the game and embrace ZOS, hail ZOS! Hail ZOS!
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[img][/img]3h7140.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
    Vs
    [img][/img]3h718c.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

And to cover the precious TOS: imo ZoS should try harder, open that wallet up, and hire some more in house devs to quickly deals with issues. Focus ZoS
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."