The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Xbox not showing server swap

corvair62
corvair62
✭✭✭
I have two accounts and tried on two different xboxes. The server select on both stays on Europe. It does swap and you can play on NA, but the text for server select does not change after today's update. Just a heads up for you. @ZOS_GinaBruno just because you are awesome and I know you will let the right people know.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    This is actually a known issue. Until we have a chance to fix it, just pay attention to the Message of the Day - whatever server that states is the server you're logging into. If you're still having trouble swapping, try completely closing the game and restarting.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • corvair62
    corvair62
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad that you all know. I just wanted to make sure that you realized you reintroduced an old bug. I have not had this issue in quite a while. And I had no problem getting into the game, I just play on both servers and know it is suppose to change. I did not see mention of it being an issue with today's patch notes, but hey I only read them once, maybe I overlooked it. Just a heads up for people that play regularly on both servers.
  • corvair62
    corvair62
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , I just logged out and logged back in on the Xbox. The message of the day is not changing between servers like it should. There does seem to be a problem there. Again just trying to keep everyone informed.I did get back into the EU server but it Message of the Day for it said North America. I tried to do a capture on the Xbox so I could show you, but for some reason it says ESO does not allow screen captures....Maybe just from the login screen. I don't know. Oh well, headed to work, I'll check again later.
  • Lovenest
    Lovenest
    ✭✭
    This is happening on PS4 console also. It stays on NA but i can login to both. The server name doesn't change. I have tried logging out and back in, it didn't help.
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lovenest wrote: »
    This is happening on PS4 console also. It stays on NA but i can login to both. The server name doesn't change. I have tried logging out and back in, it didn't help.
    Similar story for me (PS4). Same server message but it's actually 2 different servers. However after I have logged out of NA and tried to login on EU I got error message 304 "this account is signed into the game already". I could login after a while but this does not look like a stable login system since today's update.
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same. PS4 here. Logged in to EU and then attempted to swap over to NA and it wouldn’t let me without a full client restart. Was just able to log in to the NA side but am hesitant to swap again.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please fix thos~!!! Stopping the game is not working. I have thousands into main accounts and I cannot even play them. This is outrageous,Cx.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is actually a known issue. Until we have a chance to fix it, just pay attention to the Message of the Day - whatever server that states is the server you're logging into. If you're still having trouble swapping, try completely closing the game and restarting.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

That doesn't work. Can you please let them know and give us an update?
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We need to keep these threads going till it is resolved.
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's "reliably unreliable". When I login PS4/NA, I get in, no problem. End of story? Not quite.

When I logout and try to switch to EU, I see the same description I see for NA (Welcome to North American servers). If I try to login nonetheless, I get a 304 error message (your account is logged in already). Next thing I do is to g back to the menu and to open the server selection again. Now it states EU server out of a sudden and the login process may work. Or it ends in a blue screen which happened to me frequently since this update.

Idk if that helps to recreate the issue somehow but it clearly shows something is fishy with the login process. In particular for those who play on both EU and NA servers this is pretty much super annoying and highlights the need for a PTS for consoles to iron out such bugs before they go live.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the head's up @ZOS_GinaBruno

After rebooting the client I was able to switch between servers.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • JerzeeDevil
    JerzeeDevil
    ✭✭✭
    Keep getting cannot retrieve announcements.

Cannot log in.
    jerzeedevil.com

If looks could kill, then Death would be my name.

Daggerfall's Mightiest- PS4 NA
    Wardens of Morrowind-PS4 NA
    Cyrodiil Death Squad- PS4 NA/EU