The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Finding the ultimate pvp game

Lifecode666
Lifecode666
✭✭✭
Hey guys.
I am not avtive now but have been playing ESO since beta.

What is the best pvp game you have played?

I am now playing CONQUERORS BLADES and I am having the best time ever.

Instant pvp like siege, territory wars, field battles and you play with units to command aswell.
It has it all...

Miss old days of ESO though.
Edited by Lifecode666 on November 14, 2019 7:03AM
Up the hornz
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why u spent ur time in an eso forum, if the other game is the best u have ever played?
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    EDIT: since no one knows might as well delete the wall of text.
    Edited by chrightt on November 16, 2019 5:25AM
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tactical Lock Inbound!
    Edited by Valykc on November 14, 2019 8:28PM
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Icky wrote: »
    ESO.

For all it's issues, there just isn't any competition for this style of combat.
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anarchy Online and Shadowbane (RIP) from way way back. Global Agenda (RIP), Age of Conan and Fallen Earth from way back.

After so many years, in light of current technology available, I just can't get real excited for PvP in a game unless it has parkour elements, true aim and neither sticky aim or tab targetting, true player controlled/built assets i.e. limited space that guilds fight over, significant buffs for tearing down stuff and keeping your stuff from getting torn down.

ESO has none of these things. Anyone know of an even moderately successful game that has these things today?

In "trophy for everyone" world, these kinds of things have to be niche because the Walmart masses don't like games with any true skill, either socially-related worldbuilding skill or direct character control skill, and games that have them are always teetering on the brink of financial failure.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Line][Age 2003 PC
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on November 15, 2019 2:07AM
  • Araviel2
    Araviel2
    ✭✭✭
    I will always regard eve-online as the ultimate pvp game, its just pvp everything. even trading.
    But its a niche game and not everyone's cup of tea, and defiantly not if you just want instant action.

Edited by Araviel2 on November 15, 2019 10:14AM
    Araviel -Professional Zerg surfing mutagen spammer [DC-EU]
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    buttaface wrote: »
    Fallen Earth

Also RIP, servers got closed 3 weeks ago. New owner said they working on porting the whole game to Unity and want to bring it back, but there is a little chance to do that.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO forums(not the actual game)
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ESO will more than likely be the last game I play. I am not a big fan of how things get changed or how a new player can have the same power as someone that has been playing for years. Which sounds to me a pattern that all games seem to follow.

However, if Zeni created a Game Of Thrones game, that would be crazy fun. I would play a Arya Stark character. :)

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Demra
    Demra
    ✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    ESO will more than likely be the last game I play. I am not a big fan of how things get changed or how a new player can have the same power as someone that has been playing for years. Which sounds to me a pattern that all games seem follow.

You should look into the Asian market and especially the Korean. They favor dedication. The west world prefer casual fairness (or something like that and not always).
    Edited by Demra on November 15, 2019 4:19PM
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chinese Checkers
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    League of Legends
    ESO before patch 2.0. 1.5 was best. RIP
    Paragon RIP
    For Honor

Before these I just used to play fighting games with mates.
    PC EU
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    My hope is for Crowfall.

Age of Conan was great. First years of League of Legends and Heroes of the Storm were great too.
    PC EU - DC only
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    Line][Age 2003 PC

Silkroad Online
    TERA
    KMMO represent
    Chinese Checkers

Chess
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banking on Crowfall or Camelot Unchained for RvR style pvp in the next few years. Some survival games, like Conan Exiles, the occasional GW2 month, on and off Eve Online, and whatever decent shooter is new have kept me PvP satiated for the past couple of years. It's truly a depressing time to be a hardcore player, it's casual or cash shop focused by Western dev's these days.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DAoC
    Warhammer
    ESO

In a lot of ways ESO took a lot of the best elements of those earlier games and improved upon them. For example; 3 faction fighting, less classes, easier character rerolling.

Where ESO has messed up is server performance and the combat system of high burst and healing makes things incredibly difficult to balance.

I think if they did three things it would be a top tier game for a long time.
    1. fix server performance and the memory leaks
    2. have cc immunity start on being hit with a cc instead of breaking free which is buggy. Nerd those ground fears too
    3. Add another skill line as a back door way to help some classes make up for their weaknesses
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alomar wrote: »
    Banking on Crowfall or Camelot Unchained for RvR style pvp in the next few years. Some survival games, like Conan Exiles, the occasional GW2 month, on and off Eve Online, and whatever decent shooter is new have kept me PvP satiated for the past couple of years. It's truly a depressing time to be a hardcore player, it's casual or cash shop focused by Western dev's these days.

Did you try PlanetSide 2?
    PC EU - DC only
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Age of Conan for combat
    ArcheAge for open world

I have been leaning towards more casual games lately, and only ESO comes close enough to that sweet spot. And ArcheAge is a grindy mess.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heavier wrote: »
    Line][Age 2003 PC

Silkroad Online
    TERA
    KMMO represent
    Chinese Checkers

Chess

Go
  • ZOS_RogerJ
    ZOS_RogerJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings! We've closed this thread given its non-constructive nature.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.