The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Save Money: Don't Buy Khajiiti Life Pack, Build Your Own Well Like This!

Raltin
Raltin
✭✭✭✭
Ah, yet another expensive furnishing pack rolls in, chock full of items that you can't get anywhere else in-game aside from the crown store... Moon-Sugarcane you can't buy at any furnishing vendor in Elsweyr; far too expensive to buy in bulk if you want to make your own true-blue moon-sugar farm. Then one of the khajiiti wells we've had in-game since vanilla; released as an expensive crown-only furnishing. Ridiculous. Well, I don't know how to replicate moon-sugarcane, but why spend your crowns on a furnishing that should have been player-craftable or buyable from housing vendors when you can make your own khajiiti well? Follow these examples and you'll have your own water-source in no time! Show your support for player-craftables and merchant-furnishings with these snazzy designs, and leave money-milking to the cows!

First up we have a simple design; merely taking the redguard covered well and adding some khajiit flare to it; achievement moon tiles from Reaper's March furnisher, khajiit bottles, and a lantern hung under the overhang, lovely! Unlike the following, it even comes with its own water audio!
Screenshot_20191104_215806.png

Next up to bat is a well entirely assembled from scratch; pulling together the redguard cask, sealed, to make the lid of the well, and clipped into one of the Elsweyr stone bases to create the stone rim, followed by one of the base-game khajiit arches and the Orcish Bucket, Cistern to create the rope hanging down from the overhang. With a bucket up top clipped into the orcish bucket rope, some banners and a few khajiit flasks, and we have ourselves a well, folks!
Khajiit_Well2.png

Finally, we have a variation of our second creation, but with the redguard cask raised from the ground to create the base of the well; a fully wooden design. Two separate khajiit arches, roped, clipped together to form the overhang, and with everything else still present from the previous design!
Khajiit_Well3.png

Have any designs of your own or thoughts to share, or your own variations of these builds you wish to show off? Post them down below for the benefit of other players, to encourage them to keep money in their pockets, and to show ZoS your disapproval of overly simple crown-locked furnishings!
"Proud purveyor of Cyrodiil Pickles."
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like your Redguard one with the moon tiles better than the official one.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭

Why, thank you! :smiley:
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed! @Raltin ‘s design is very stylish! :)

I don’t know what happened to my previous post regarding moonsugar cane and bamboo plants. 🤔 Anyway, bamboo plants look a bit similar and are available for 10 Crowns each, as an alternative.
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »

Agreed! @Raltin ‘s design is very stylish! :)

I don’t know what happened to my previous post regarding moonsugar cane and bamboo plants. 🤔 Anyway, bamboo plants look a bit similar and are available for 10 Crowns each, as an alternative.

Ah, that is because that post was on the crown-store version of this thread, this is the housing version. I placed this thread on two separate forums where players would have most interest in it: the housing and crown store forums because this is related to both, but not everyone visits both. I wanted players who have a beef with Zo$ and their crown-only content to see builds they could make with no crowns, and vice versa for players who frequent the housing forum for similar or different reasons.
  • Crucified4sin
    Crucified4sin
    ✭✭✭
    Those are both awesome!

However zos needs to up the furnishing limits if I'm gonna be able to fit custom builds in!
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice creations, however housing slots are at a premium so I can't afford to spend 5 item slots for 1 item... The furnishing pack one works well.
  • nyarthi
    nyarthi
    Love the creativity. Inspiring!
  • Futerko
    Futerko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing lots of interesting inspiration :)

YOUTUBE CHANNEL HOUSING/OUTFITS

GM Aetherius Art - Housing Guild (PC EU)
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice! :smiley:
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always better to come with your own concepts. It's more ectiting to make and look at. Nice one!
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!