Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Undaunted Celebration] Your game plan? -- UPDATE: Delves will NOT count

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normal dungeon for tickets (not just FG1)
    I have a guildie who is happy to run Scalecaller any time, so I might get the achievement for that on different characters.

I'll also get some of my alts through dungeons they haven't done yet for Undaunted XP and I may try my hand at tanking some vet dungeons to see what happens.
    The Moot Councillor
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Technically it's five days, for ticket purposes:

Thursday 10 AM through Friday 1 AM
    Friday 1 AM through Saturday 1 AM
    Saturday 1 AM through Sunday 1AM
    Sunday 1 AM through Monday 1 AM
    Monday 1 AM through Monday 10 AM

All times above are EST.

Monday 1 am to Monday 10 am is NOT a “day” that’s literally 9 hours.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For ticket-earning purposes, it is.

And it has been the same. For every. Single. Event. So far. The only difference is that when DST was in effect, the last "day" was only 8 hours long (2 AM EDT to 10 AM EDT), minus any server downtime (typically about 4 hours).

If you want to complain about it, go talk to ZOS, because they're the ones who designed it this way. [/shrug]
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Oh, well there goes that plan.

Looks like I'll be putting what I actually want to do on hold for a few days and hoping the group finder actually works.

Hahahahaha! I like you. You're a funny guy!
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna do normal Fungal Grotto I for tickets
    Log in, claim daily reward, port to FG1 solo, run to the door, kill whoever follows, kill Ozozai, sprint to Kra'gh, kill him, camp out.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They really should give a small % chance of dropping an opal style from regular undaunted boxes. 20 styles out of 5 days is going to leave a lot of people scrambling.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thegreatme wrote: »
    Hey all, the full announcement for this event is coming soon, but Delves will not be included during the Undaunted event. We're updating the page to remove that line. Apologies for the confusion!

@ZOS_SarahHecker A quick question, will manually porting into a dungeon to complete it, rather than through the activity finder, still grant all the same rewards for completion? I know last year this was a major problem where you could only get loot reward boxes for completion by going through the activity finder, not through manual porting into dungeons, and 80% of the time the activity finder simply didn't work, so while we were able to get tickets, there was a lot of missing out on loot boxes.

Wait, now I'm not sure what I did last year. I don't think I queued for dungeons. I thought I just walked in and soloed Volenfell. Whatever I did, I'm pretty sure I got my tickets. And any special loot boxes hold little to no interest for me.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    They really should give a small % chance of dropping an opal style from regular undaunted boxes. 20 styles out of 5 days is going to leave a lot of people scrambling.

Yeah, not really sure what the point of that is other than to encourage the purchase of event tix?
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »

Yeah, not really sure what the point of that is other than to encourage the purchase of event tix?

And to make the syles rare. But say you have 12 tickets today, and you get 15 during the event. Thats 27 tickets, enough for 5 weapon styles of your choice (or helm and shoulders but you can farm for those)

That means to get the rest of the weapon styles 5 from event boxes, 5 from tickets earned, you'll need 10 more styles at a cost of 50 more tickets.

at 250 crowns each that's 10,000 crowns to get all the styles. + extra to get any helms or shoulders that RNG did not bless you with

Hell of a cash grab if you ask me.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just doing a delve for tickets
    Hey all, the full announcement for this event is coming soon, but Delves will not be included during the Undaunted event. We're updating the page to remove that line. Apologies for the confusion!

Don't apologize for "confusion". Apologize for missing yet another chance to finally make this event inclusive for solo players. :p

As a solo player myself - not every event or activity in the game is going to be for everyone. If you don't pvp, the pvp events aren't for you. If you're a solo player, the dungeon events are not for you. That's just how it is, and expecting anything different is silly.

If you're not willing to do everything, you can't get everything. /shrug
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on November 12, 2019 1:56AM
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The group finder works if you are a healer. It used to work if you used 2 dps instead of 1. It works pretty fast for tanks too.
    Last year it didn't work for anyone though, so we'll have lots of fun with that.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sad that the delves thing was a tease. Undaunted has delve quests, why shouldn't delves count? Rude.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait-- do public dungeons count? If they do, that would be the easiest way for me to get my tickets.

Nope. Public dungeons don't have a final boss since you can just do them in any old order.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok, I'm skipping that event then. No point when group finder isn't working.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tim99 wrote: »
    ok, to speak out the other side... i'm always happy when i get a fake tank on a normal dungeon (its just faster).

and i like that situation. i dont wanna struggle on normal dungeons just because there is no tank.
    (just saying to disassociating myself from "buff normal inis" speakers) ^^

and my plan... i group with a friend (so the roleplayers cant kick you) and we hop to nFG1 as soon as the ini starts and just complete it.
    I'm always random group friendly if i queue (but i queue less and less unfortunately) just not one week, of the year, which is the undaunted event.
    So its 51 weeks each year, where i care and explain and take hindsight, and just 1 week in the year where i dont care and be in some eyes maybe rude. I hope everyone understands that ^^

Since i have/want to do it on 15 chars, there is just no time for "i have quest". Do that quest in any of the other 51 weeks!
    I also dont do the quest, even if i find a char who has left to do it.

(if i remember correct, just queueing for FG1 dont work, you have to do random. If thats not correct, than its no problem at all, we just queue for FG1.
    At least just soloing FG1 dont work, since you are forced to use the group finder)

Ha ha you can"t hop to FG1. They fixed that last event.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    unsure

not a big dungeon fan to start with. Everything I read about them is negative. From toxic players to difficult bosses to broken mechanics to lag and other tech issues to 'my character does not have good enough gear' to being kicked from the dungeon before its done. Never yet found anyone that just did dungeons for fun. It's always 'gotta get this monster set' or something similar.

I got 12 tickets stored up. might just get my berry and wait for the next event. might give a random a try, although its gonna sukk if the party runs off while Im trying to get dungeon info from the NPC.

• Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Continue to solo farm my BSW inferno from nCoA1.
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »
    Env_t wrote: »
    stop speculations pls
    i cant see any official news article about undaunted celebration yet

There's no article, but it's on the twitch drops calendar already. Same event as always.

Yes there is. Its on login. Bring up the page and click the link to show all the events up through New life festival in December.

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess the plan is to grab pledges I actually want to do, then do them. :)

Thursday's pledges are BC1 and VoM, for the fun & easy crowd. I don't actually have Troll King, so I'm grabbing Tuesday's pledge Blessed Crucible on one or more healers.

• marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭

THUS If you play 13 hours a day you MIGHT just collect them all

Still feeling undaunted?

But hey I'm a no life no skill eso luvin baby boomer...bring it
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was a-feared of dungeons until I finished nMA. Then I did nFG1 solo. About the same difficulty, if anything the dungeon was a bit easier. FG1 is, from what I hear, one of the easier ones; but I'll be trying my hand at solo'ing some of the other dungeons like BC and whatnot.

For people thinking that they can't do this event because their DPS is no good, don't sweat it. My DPS is pathetic per combat metrics (I'm talking below 20k -- embarrassingly below that). The good part of solo'ing is not letting others see how bad I am at this game. But it can still be done.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From that thread of last year:
    Additionally, we will not hold another in-game event that requires the Activity Finder until we are 100% confident that the tool can support it. Stay tuned for details on that.

Not sure it'll force us into using the group finder, but whether it does or not, it feels like we're going to have a lot of problems if Witches Festival is to be taken as a reference. The event is considerably shorter, meaning even more stress for the servers. As a PC-EU player, I have major fears for this event.

Also, it seems impossible to complete the collections by just playing the game. As a collector, I have bought stuff from the Crown Store before, but only the stuff that cannot be acquired in-game. I thus really dislike the very idea of spending on tickets. Therefore, I really dislike feeling that my irks from seeing uncomplete styles displayed in grey in my collection tab is exploited to try to force-hand me into spending lots on tickets.

Last year's event was already a mess, and I didn't manage to get any of the pets, and there has been no way to get them since, and they don't look like they're be accessible this year. Now if my outfit collections ends up permanently and irreparably uncomplete after this event, I think my enjoyment of the whole game will probably be tarnished.
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wait-- do public dungeons count? If they do, that would be the easiest way for me to get my tickets.

The term "public dungeon" is really a lousy name because it overloads the word "dungeon", which is used for something else specifically.

Public Dungeons are really more like bigger, tougher, delves.
    And Craglorn Group Delves are really like actual dungeons. If you've tried to solo one you'll know they are definitely harder than FG1.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on November 12, 2019 8:44AM
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably just farm city of ash 1 then, I like that dungeon anyway.

Edit: unless it has to be the pledge dungeon that day. Then probably just do what I can and not get many tickets
    Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on November 12, 2019 8:58AM
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This poll needs a "both" to cover the last two options. I choose between normal and vet depending on the pledges, what I feel like running, and whether I can get a group.
    Sometimes I will duo a DLC dungeon on normal if I want gear in there but not enough people are interested.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The start of the event is utterly incovenient for EU players once again. Its only 3 days, and starts in the late afternoon here. If you can only play in the morning, you'll miss out on the first day...again...like every other event with such limited time.
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thegreatme wrote: »

@ZOS_SarahHecker A quick question, will manually porting into a dungeon to complete it, rather than through the activity finder, still grant all the same rewards for completion? I know last year this was a major problem where you could only get loot reward boxes for completion by going through the activity finder, not through manual porting into dungeons, and 80% of the time the activity finder simply didn't work, so while we were able to get tickets, there was a lot of missing out on loot boxes.

You don't need to use the activity finder. The Event Tickets and rewards are tied to the final boss of a dungeon, so you can use the LFG, walk up to a dungeon, port to your friends, etc. all that matters is that you kill that final boss.
    Staff Post
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why can't they have a decent calendar on the website? Why did I have to come into this thread to find out when the event would start? Why isn't it listed under "events" in the website?

This is regularly a problem with their website.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    From that thread of last year:
    Additionally, we will not hold another in-game event that requires the Activity Finder until we are 100% confident that the tool can support it. Stay tuned for details on that.

Not sure it'll force us into using the group finder, but whether it does or not, it feels like we're going to have a lot of problems if Witches Festival is to be taken as a reference. The event is considerably shorter, meaning even more stress for the servers. As a PC-EU player, I have major fears for this event.

Also, it seems impossible to complete the collections by just playing the game. As a collector, I have bought stuff from the Crown Store before, but only the stuff that cannot be acquired in-game. I thus really dislike the very idea of spending on tickets. Therefore, I really dislike feeling that my irks from seeing uncomplete styles displayed in grey in my collection tab is exploited to try to force-hand me into spending lots on tickets.

Last year's event was already a mess, and I didn't manage to get any of the pets, and there has been no way to get them since, and they don't look like they're be accessible this year. Now if my outfit collections ends up permanently and irreparably uncomplete after this event, I think my enjoyment of the whole game will probably be tarnished.

Therapy is the proper response to being irked by that.
  • Ascarl
    Ascarl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The last event cane along with the latest expansion which resulted in server troubles.

The new events more or less forces all players to use the dungeon finder. For me this is begging for trouble again. If I were you I would avoid dragging people to the dungeon finder before it is fixed.

Back to the original question, I will be soloing easy dungeons like Fungal Grotto and avoid the dungeon finder during the event.