The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Fun little build I’ve been using

khajiitNPC
khajiitNPC
✭✭✭✭✭
Prisoner’s Rags, New Moon Acolyte, and Blood Spawn/Troll King, Back bar DW BRP on a Mag Sorc. Awesome kiting build, good damage great sustain — instead of turning stam to mag I turn mag into stam. You can play it to taste but typically the only skill I have from the DW is quick cloak for obvious reason. This combined with streak, defensive rune, meteor, and mages fury. Is hilarious. To say the least. I also have 1 swift, 2 arcane. The other skills you can do whatever you plz but this works really great for me. I can roll dodge break free and dark deal to my heart’s content.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nice, do you use bound armaments or hurricane?
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you just run away 99% of the time, sounds fun.
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Trancestor you dumb m8? Yes the purpose of the build is to kite, wear your enemy’s stamina down until they have no stamina and can’t break free, then cc ulti dump, what’s cool is you can pretty much spec into all damage, have high mobility, don’t have to worry about not being able to break free and laugh at the people like you are too stupid not to chase.

Also if you want you can go toe to toe — that’s why you slot bloodspawn, I mean it’s about reading between lines. But it’s woefully obvious you have no clue what you’re talking about.
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So don’t crap into my wheaties cuz you don’t know how to pour milk.
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    khajiitNPC wrote: »
    @Trancestor you dumb m8? Yes the purpose of the build is to kite, wear your enemy’s stamina down until they have no stamina and can’t break free, then cc ulti dump, what’s cool is you can pretty much spec into all damage, have high mobility, don’t have to worry about not being able to break free and laugh at the people like you are too stupid not to chase.

Also if you want you can go toe to toe — that’s why you slot bloodspawn, I mean it’s about reading between lines. But it’s woefully obvious you have no clue what you’re talking about.
    So....you just run away 95% of the time?
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you don’t have to run at all is beauty of the build. But if you have a trollish-streak in you (get it?) you can mess with people til you get bored and take a dump on them. Nothing fundamentally changes with how you play a sorc.
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is clearly not a build that can go toe-to-toe with more traditional setups. If you like kiting people that’s your business, whatever makes the game fun for you. Cyrodiil is a big place and it doesn’t ruin the game for anyone else to have your speedster zooming around.

But...

There’s no way that you have the striking power to take down an experienced pvper who isn’t already being attacked by someone else.
    Edited by Jimmy_The_Fixer on November 10, 2019 5:42PM
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure Jimmy.
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously this isn’t a end all build, but you sound like another YouTube fam watcher. You can take the most subpar player and give him the most meta gear, and he probably won’t perform any different. There isn’t some sort of magic trick to MagSorc. We all slot the same thing — it’s just a fun build to mess with potatoes.
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭
    I use prisoner rags on my Stamsorc. I have 5k wep damage and it is tons of fun. I can kite and run for ever and still manage to pump out good damage. I love seeing MAGsorcs trying to escape with streak only to find a Stamsorc can do it better while running faster.
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @fbours surprisingly I’ve been using prisoner rags on my magblade with new moon acolyte and bloodspawn and it’s been working awesome. Talk about being able to reposition on the fly. With RAT, Shadowy Disguise, Shade, and the Psijic ultimate, it’s really fun. Love it.
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭
    khajiitNPC wrote: »
    @fbours surprisingly I’ve been using prisoner rags on my magblade with new moon acolyte and bloodspawn and it’s been working awesome. Talk about being able to reposition on the fly. With RAT, Shadowy Disguise, Shade, and the Psijic ultimate, it’s really fun. Love it.

Yep, it is one of those off meta sets that can work if you make it work. That's one thing this game still has over others in my opinion. You can make off meta sets work and do fine as long as you are willing to spend time and resources.

Last patch it was close to OP seriously - specially in bgs. With the DOT nerf is a bit lacking but still works.