DEAD DEAD DEAD Campaigns

regime211
regime211
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm honestly not sure what's the point of adding new campaigns when people really aren't even playing in them. It's always one sided, maybe it's time to take off alliances from pvp, and just allow anyone who groups of to be safe from killing each other and everyone else is free game. Instead of being EP and only able to kill AD/DC. Because PVP is starting/becoming to be ridiculous. Why would someone other than to play with their friends which they won't normally do now leave a 30 day locked campaign after reaching tier 3, to go play in another campaign and not receive rewards? I think it's time to change up PVP. Aka "Kill Every Alliance PVP"
Edited by regime211 on November 11, 2019 10:36PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to change up Cyrodiil PVP!
    Fix the lag.
    Fix the crashes during large battles.
    Fix "stuck in combat".
    Fix the other persistent performance issues.

That would be a change. Maybe even the sort of change it takes to get players back into Cyrodiil.
  • sproattt
    sproattt
    ✭✭✭
    As above.

Remove cast time on Incap .
    Fix potion drink, if I click it I wanna drink it.
    Remove alliance lock. If we spend our time getting the chars levelled from playing more toons, then allow us.
    Stamblade Main.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure that no new permanent campaign was added for the last couple of years or so. They were only removed. Unless you are going to count IC access rework as a new campaign...
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Should only be 2 Campaigns, CP & No CP end of. The only thing that the other dead campaigns are used for is to push Emp and continually devalue that Achievement.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    Should only be 2 Campaigns, CP & No CP end of. The only thing that the other dead campaigns are used for is to push Emp and continually devalue that Achievement.

Got to agree with this, although I would add a below 50 campaign too. The only rationale for having more campaigns would be constant pop locking, indicating more demand than an individual campaign server could accommodate.

No point at all in dividing a PvP playerbase unnecessarily.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players want a populated campaign and players also want to play without lag.

Those two factors somehow need to coexist and ZOS has yet to find a good way to do that. If they can solve the lag problem, they can likely minimize the number of servers. If they can find a way to populate the servers to a capacity they can handle, which is also busy enough to find decent fights without causing crushing lag, they could add as many campaigns as necessary.

The massive problem is that lots of players cause lag and if you hit a population that is too low, it has a cascade effect of driving everyone away as there are no fights to be had, leading to a downward spiral of inactivity.
  • Zephard
    Zephard
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes, I like a PvE with siege weapons. just saying
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never understood why ZOS apparently wants PvE and PvP to have the same skills, but they make the playstyles that work in PvE completely separate from PvP. There's even an armor trait that is specifically only useful/required in PvP (Impen) and another in PvE (Divines). This is a significant obstacle for attracting a larger audience to Cyrodiil, and when newer players who might have some experience and understanding of PvE enter Cyrodiil they have a terrible experience because despite PvE and PvP being balanced with the same buffs/nerfs, they are completely different in the way they must be approached.

Of course, since ZOS can't be bothered to address the multitude of problems in Cyrodiil they probably aren't interested in making Cyrodiil more attractive to players.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay yay yay ez Cyrodiil skyshards and dailies!
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanted to do some AP farming last night on PC/EU. The 30 day no lock was dead. 30 day CP wasn’t any better.
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No-CP on PC/EU was pretty dead the other day, at least on the EP side of the map. I went with an alt toon to get tier 1, and it felt like I was the only one there. It's probably more polulated during peak times, but I hadn't seen that empty an instance for a long time.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Full 3 bars all alliances every night on PS4 NA locked CP and 1 to 2 bars during the day.
    Unlocked CP pretty dead most of the time which is very telling.
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ps4 na population has been going down. Locked cp campaign loses it's full 3 bar population much earlier than it used to and it takes longer than it used to to fill up to the cap.
    Edited by AMeanOne on November 12, 2019 6:42PM
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How Pvp should had been.
    7aINrP1.jpg

How it is.
    49N7QWc.png
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gariele wrote: »
    Wanted to do some AP farming last night on PC/EU. The 30 day no lock was dead. 30 day CP wasn’t any better.

Its always dead in the mornings since DC take the map
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How Pvp should had been.
    7aINrP1.jpg

How it is.
    49N7QWc.png

This looked epic back in the day but this happened these days you would be called a zerg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DV9TwsosyI
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How Pvp should had been.
    7aINrP1.jpg

How it is.
    49N7QWc.png

This looked epic back in the day but this happened these days you would be called a zerg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DV9TwsosyI

back in the day we had 1k vs 1k vs 1k...sure lag was real but it was awesome...they zos removed the animals...then ignored it and people left...and now we have zergs that chase 1 random guy doing a quest like there is no tomorrow... meh :D
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They desperately need to streamline Cyrodiil for several reasons, performance, fun, ease of access.

1. All mounts look and act the same with standardized speed. All characters choose light, heavy or medium armor appearance and then get a faction-tinted standard appearance.
    2. Siege engines are standardized down into catapult, ballista, ram and oil with no variations of any, one standard repair kit repairs walls and siege.
    3. Reduce keep size, number and the whole map size drastically, streamline the terrain down, not into a flat plain and keep LOS features, but there is way too much chokepointy, mazey terrain in Cyrodiil.
    4. Cut out all the skyshards, delves, etc. and focus on just keep warfare. Can do delves, dolmens and skyshards in the ENTIRE rest of the game. There should be transitus shrines spread all over the map that have a large safe zone around them. The zone is designed as if there are real, serious stakes, yet there are not in the game unlike some games. Inconsistent.

Why bother with all the clutter and complexity when people just want to load in and go attack/defend keeps and open world pvp? The status quo is as if it's some grand strategy game when it's not that in fact.

Whether you like these or not, it's hard to deny they would vastly improve performance and QOL.
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the more reason to end the stupid war and PVP solely through the Arena system, Cyrodil and the Imperial city can be revamped to PVE zones, and Zenimax can concentrate on the majority of the players instead of a tiny but vocal minority.
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

So you want to be a game developer? Here is the best way to go about it.
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players want a populated campaign and players also want to play without lag.

Those two factors somehow need to coexist and ZOS has yet to find a good way to do that.

Old players say there was a lot of people but no lag long time ago. This heppened slowly. . We shal quit being apologetic about this topic. This is a huge bleeding wound that grew larger under the rag.

• AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the more reason to end the stupid war and PVP solely through the Arena system, Cyrodil and the Imperial city can be revamped to PVE zones, and Zenimax can concentrate on the majority of the players instead of a tiny but vocal minority.

No
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Negative I like the open world and defending keeps
    Play your bgs and scripted pve leave our open world pvp alone...
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to change up Cyrodiil PVP!
    Fix the lag.
    Fix the crashes during large battles.
    Fix "stuck in combat".
    Fix the other persistent performance issues.

That would be a change. Maybe even the sort of change it takes to get players back into Cyrodiil.

Pretty much this.

Also, ESO has always had more campaigns than the player base would fill. It really is not a big deal. Some player prefer the low pop campaigns. Less lag and someone lighter PvP since the population is not so dense.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    buttaface wrote: »
    They desperately need to streamline Cyrodiil for several reasons, performance, fun, ease of access.

1. All mounts look and act the same with standardized speed. All characters choose light, heavy or medium armor appearance and then get a faction-tinted standard appearance.
    2. Siege engines are standardized down into catapult, ballista, ram and oil with no variations of any, one standard repair kit repairs walls and siege.
    3. Reduce keep size, number and the whole map size drastically, streamline the terrain down, not into a flat plain and keep LOS features, but there is way too much chokepointy, mazey terrain in Cyrodiil.
    4. Cut out all the skyshards, delves, etc. and focus on just keep warfare. Can do delves, dolmens and skyshards in the ENTIRE rest of the game. There should be transitus shrines spread all over the map that have a large safe zone around them. The zone is designed as if there are real, serious stakes, yet there are not in the game unlike some games. Inconsistent.

Why bother with all the clutter and complexity when people just want to load in and go attack/defend keeps and open world pvp? The status quo is as if it's some grand strategy game when it's not that in fact.

Whether you like these or not, it's hard to deny they would vastly improve performance and QOL.

I agree there shouldn't be any delves or sky shards what so ever, or NPC territory at all in pvp.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Performance been really bad. Both PCEU Kaal & Bahl servers been working like a potato.. crazy lag, even more random loadscreens out of nowhere, getting stuck on unloaded ground textures, invisible enemies out of nowhere ( and no, not nightblades from cloak, but whole ball groups not loading until like 5 minutes in combat already, can only know where they are since can see projectiles flying from their direction from thin air..

Everyday now more and more of friends are saying they have had it. For many of us its the dark humor propably anymore that keeps us here. And the occasional fun fights when things work for a bit give always hopeful feeling, still those moments have become rare.

And then when get disconnected on a big battle and think that "oh well, gonna breath in and calm a bit and read some forums before going back to that lagfest.." and its nerf post after nerf post.. with a severe hand tremor i put down the coffee mug dramatically, equip BRP resto on back bar, buff up, and go to a forum war.

Oh well, rant over. New event soon, maybe my bad rng luck atleast gives me couple of them flashy new outfit styles.

I want Midyear Mayhem though,.with good performance. One can dream.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvp should be just what it states player vs player. Zos has a grand opportunity NOW! To capitalize on making it even better. Remove the NPC's and delves, skyshards, Anchors, you shouldn't even be questing in PVP to begin with. Add in different siege weapons, add in siege ladders, hell add in freaking boats. Dynasty warriors although it was a hack and slash game had different terrain but it was all specific to the battle environment. Zos added unnecessary NPC camps into pvp which didn't even need to be added. Even the daedric titan on the broken bridge that looks like a pathway to imperial city was absolutely pointless to add. You can attack it but can't kill it? but it can one shot you.

All this overlay of useless environmental terrain and NPC's could of been used for more in depth engagement into pvp. We have enough war movies that they can manage to stay within their lore but definitely make this the best game for PVP.

Being able to destroy bridges, and walls is a good start, we need more interactive terrain, but we need a huge Revamp in pvp, not just for class skill,abilities etc.

P.S sorry for any run on sentences I got caught up in the moment.
    Edited by regime211 on November 14, 2019 12:53AM