Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Issues with Orc passives

• HackTheMinotaur
    HackTheMinotaur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to give everyone an update, we're currently testing a fix for this issue and plan to include it in a future incremental patch.

Will consoles get this patch at the same time as PC/Mac?

• MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @HackTheMinotaur we (pc) dont have a definitive date for the fix. It was try and get it included in a "future" incremental.

Let's see if it happens and if it doesnt will they make a post explaining why?

Also, I'd expect to have to wait longer then pc. That's the norm, correct?
    Edited by MajBludd on November 8, 2019 11:11AM
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc speed also doesn't work in nocp
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    For PC, it's currently looking like we'll be able to get this fix in with the patch on Monday. For console, it's currently slated for the next scheduled incremental patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Thanks for the insight.

Console players, the lucky ones.........
    Edited by redlink1979 on November 8, 2019 3:25PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PC, it's currently looking like we'll be able to get this fix in with the patch on Monday. For console, it's currently slated for the next scheduled incremental patch.

I slightly relieved. Still baffled that this made it live and has been going on for so long but relieved nonetheless.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players> Orc passives aren't functioning. Should be an easy enough fix.

>100 replies, 6k views later

zos> We are going to TEST a fix for a FUTURE INCREMENTAL.

Yikes.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »

Yikes.

How do you know that it's easy to fix?
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »

Yikes.

Because if fixing a simple stat bonus is an difficult thing for zenimax, then fixing things like the undo bug, knockback bug, health desyncs, etc must be unthinkable for them.

Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer are having burning status effect applied to them so obviously dark elf passives are jacked up too

Hi Zos
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Regarding console, when is the "next scheduled incremental patch" scheduled for?
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yikes.

Because if fixing a simple stat bonus is an difficult thing for zenimax, then fixing things like the undo bug, knockback bug, health desyncs, etc must be unthinkable for them.

Haha. If somethings looks small and simple for a user there can be a complicated code behind it and vice versa. So, unless you have actually seen their code, you shouldn't make such assumptions.
  • HackTheMinotaur
    HackTheMinotaur
    ✭✭✭✭

Regarding console, when is the "next scheduled incremental patch" scheduled for?

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Wondering this as well. Two weeks out from Monday?

I might as well just powerlevel a red guard if that’s the case.

• jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone actually gone through and tested all classes? This makes me wonder if passives in general are broken?!?
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yikes.

Haha. If somethings looks small and simple for a user there can be a complicated code behind it and vice versa. So, unless you have actually seen their code, you shouldn't make such assumptions.

The developers don't understand their code because they aren't the team that created the combat system. Much more talented developers were contracted to create it, and the far less skilled developers at zenimax online studios have been the ones working on it for the past 5 years. They are incapable of fixing the mast majority of things they break because of this. As such, it doesn't at all surprise me that something like this couldnt be hotfixed even though it is undoubtedly a much more simple issue than NUMEROUS other bugs present currently.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a question to those who would understand the implications better. The problem with the Orc passive is that the weapon damage is down as a result of this last patch. Would it be making the healing of the dual wield skill Bloodthirst less effective?
    If the heal from this ability increases by 1% of the damage dealt per rank, does this mean less damage will result and hence less healing? I ask because my Hubby's Orc Stamsorc is suddenly dropping critically low in HP, during fights that hardly used to touch him? Somewhere along the line his self healing has dropped through the floor. There have been no changes to equipment/skills/CP.
    Edited by Ryath_Waylander on November 8, 2019 8:06PM
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a question to those who would understand the implications better. The problem with the Orc passive is that the weapon damage is down as a result of this last patch. Would it be making the healing of the dual wield skill Bloodthirst less effective?
    If the heal from this ability increases by 1% of the damage dealt per rank, does this mean less damage will result and hence less healing? I ask because my Hubby's Orc Stamsorc is suddenly dropping critically low in HP, during fights that hardly used to touch him? Somewhere along the line his self healing has dropped through the floor. There have been no changes to equipment/skills/CP.

It should yes, less dmg equals less heals from bloodthirsty
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It should yes, less dmg equals less heals from bloodthirsty

blood thurst was already low this patch due to changes of the base skill. Zos nerfed the dmg of dot in base skill and nerfed the hot of bloodthirst somewhere around 22% to match up the dot. For example, bloodthirst dot is 6k, now hot is around 6k as well.
    Edited by universal_wrath on November 10, 2019 9:42AM
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanos444 wrote: »
    kLWJm5V.png

I truly hate TES Orcs. They are weak, in lore, racial and personality.
    While, the Orcs in WoW are truly conquers.
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTdRI13rfRk07jQrFTn2VTOTYiNgQyLxUdtAHJbrruOMotox5ng

ESO Orcs
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSxiKbzoYoKuueL-XVcPlmcIgyROwtN3Wf7Ly8IY2VIUborFLKx

The ESO Orcs are like orc peons of wow
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSgNxaS5Ubr8Zek9BevY-mtVhmCrvzyK7eizXCLAG49SYrAObNm

Edit: the truth is, these orcs in TES were elves or Altmer/Dunmer elves that followed the wrong path and became what they are..a poor version of orcs.

Yes but the orcs in TES can also have intelligence....They don't need 100% brute strength to win. They can actually crate spells of mass destruction, crate tactics, and most importantly have culture.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks Gina. Looking forward to this fix.
  • Saltisol
    Saltisol
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it fixed now ?
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes. The issue is fixed. I checked in game this morning. Same weapon damage in non-cp cyro vs. craglorn.
  • Saltisol
    Saltisol
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    Yes. The issue is fixed. I checked in game this morning. Same weapon damage in non-cp cyro vs. craglorn.

Great, thx for telling :)
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank goodness! I've missed my speedy Orcs.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not yet for consoles. Hopefully in the near future.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No updates on this subject?
  • Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally a nerf to stamsorc orcs. Pls don't fix it :wink:
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Commancho wrote: »
    Finally a nerf to stamsorc orcs. Pls don't fix it :wink:

U realize all orcs apply right? Also lol at complaining about stam sorcs.

@ZOS_GinaBruno when are consoles getting the fix?