Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there a patch notes "schedule"?

Langeston
Langeston
✭✭✭✭✭
I was wondering when we can expect a new set of patch notes to drop — is that something that can be accurately anticipated or will they be a surprise?
  • Expert
    Expert
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately unlike most games that post their patch notes within 6+ months in advance, ESO is under NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) so they are unable to keep in touch with their community when it comes to balance, testing, and feedback.

Hope this help, god bless.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expert wrote: »
    Unfortunately unlike most games that post their patch notes within 6+ months in advance, ESO is under NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) so they are unable to keep in touch with their community when it comes to balance, testing, and feedback.

Thank you for the response, but that didn't answer my question. Does ZOS have a specific timeframe they keep to with regard to feature updates (which would mean we could anticipate when the next patch notes will drop) or do feature updates come out intermittently?
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »
    Expert wrote: »

Thank you for the response, but that didn't answer my question. Does ZOS have a specific timeframe they keep to with regard to feature updates (which would mean we could anticipate when the next patch notes will drop) or do feature updates come out intermittently?

The latter mostly. They have an internal roadmap plotting major releases, and this year they shared it with us so we knew to anticipate “the year of the dragon” but that plan only shares which calendar quarters are being targeted, and doesn’t make any mention of incremental patches.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »
    I was wondering when we can expect a new set of patch notes to drop — is that something that can be accurately anticipated or will they be a surprise?

Consoles patch notes will always be very similar to the pc patch notes. Might include some late fixing.

Previous changes in the last 2 updates shows that they don't have a clear path, at least that's what it seems: buff skills on one patch (U22) and nerf the same skills in the next patch (U23)...
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 times a year, usually early august, end of october, end of january, and end of april