Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

IDEA: Crowns for Great Tips?

wild_kmacdb16_ESO
wild_kmacdb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
It seems clear to me that ZOS needs additional people testing releases, either internally (preferred but probably not realistic) or externally (which is what I believe this PTS forum is meant to serve as). The issue with this forum is most people only care about things that directly impact them, i.e Combat changes... many of which are not bugs per say, but subjective feelings on changes.

I'm proposing an incentive for players to root out and report issues; bugs that are reported and found to be valid by ZOS staff would be rewarded with a small crown amount (perhaps 20c - 100c depending on the severity of the bug). This would encourage more players to spend less time in the PTS server hitting practice dummies, and more time exploring and trying to 'break' things by
way of giving them some good feedback, instead of what currently feels like 'yelling into the void and wondering if anyone is even listening.'
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a great idea, @wild_kmacdb16_ESO ... but now your adding an extra layer on the ZOS Team when they are super busy trying to go through hundreds of bug tickets and implement PTS fixes. Moreover, your idea is incredibly subjective. How would PTS activity be judged and crowns paid?

But, I agree ... there should be some incentive for players to log on to PTS.

Maybe you hand out crowns for new PTS achievements on a template character ... after which the player has sent in a feedback ticket for the testing scenario. Doesn’t have to be exactly that. But, something to incentivize players to run through the new content or try new cosmetics ... that is also easy for ZOS to calculate in-game on PTS.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on November 8, 2019 10:03PM
  • Guyle
    Guyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rewarding ppl for participating in the PTS would imply they actually attributed value to player testing and feedback. Unfortunately, unless its a bug or the outrage is so much that they realize they need to make a change, they don't give a damn.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guyle wrote: »
    Rewarding ppl for participating in the PTS would imply they actually attributed value to player testing and feedback. Unfortunately, unless its a bug or the outrage is so much that they realize they need to make a change, they don't give a damn.

Thanks for adding value to the conversation and giving constructive feedback to the OP’s idea.

If ZOS thought they could ignore player feedback, you wouldn’t see the weekly incremental patch notes in the PTS forums.

But, some people will literally complain about anything ...
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's little incentive and little need for additional testing.

There's not a lot of bugs or balance issues that go undiscovered and unreported honestly
    the class rep team and general player base catch most of them (check like any thread made by cinbiri)

ZOS just doesn't fix everything at once, they choose to do other things with their time (and we should follow suit :) as opposed to continue to pay them our attention)
  • Demra
    Demra
    ✭✭✭
    Guyle wrote: »

Thanks for adding value to the conversation and giving constructive feedback to the OP’s idea.

If ZOS thought they could ignore player feedback, you wouldn’t see the weekly incremental patch notes in the PTS forums.

But, some people will literally complain about anything ...

But from my understanding the reason people participate less in PTS these days is exactly because the devs do not use their feedback. I don't mean just subjective combat balance feedvack but everything including bugs. Just feeling helpful is incentive enough, you don't need to get paid on top of that to want to help. They just barely follow the testers feedback on any matter. I might be totally wrong here but I think that's what the original comment was referring to.

Edit: wow how did not notice that the last comment was like two weeks ago. Sorry, didn't pay attention.
    Edited by Demra on November 20, 2019 7:40PM
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crowns for "great tips" means people would have to evaluate what counts as a great tip, and who said what first, which would just take time and energy. And it would result in more tips, which there's already a lot of and which might drown out higher quality feedback

But I think Crowns for PTS participation during stress tests (where they want lots of players) would draw greater numbers of players to help them test servers, events, and group queues. I'd join a PTS stress test for like 500 Crowns or maybe a crate or two
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well.... good idea, but if ZOS would do so, PTS server would crash... :*
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well.... good idea, but if ZOS would do so, PTS server would crash... :*

I mean. That IS the point of stress testing so! Better on PTS than on live server
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner