The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Controller left-right suddenly stopped working

Infixo
Infixo
✭✭
I've been doing my daily writs and suddenly left-right stopped working. Both on left stick and d-pad. I can't also move, ofc.
/reloadui helped but I don't want to do it every second controller suddenly stops working out of the blue.
What the heck is going on?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Infixo

Have you tried switching back to keyboard/mouse to see if you have any issues moving left or right?

If your keyboard controls are working, it would indicate the issue is with the controller. You can try switching the USB port or testing in other games to check if the same issues with the left stick and d-pad occur.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Infixo
    Infixo
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE
    Thank you for the quick answer.
    As I already wrote - /reloadui fixes the issue. So it is NOT the controller problem. My Xbox One is working fine, no issues whatsoever. I was away for 3 days, last time I played on 5.2.6 on Sunday, no issues. Now I am back and with 5.2.7 I have this issue. Since I posted here, it stopped 4 times.
    Also, I noticed that L-Dpad and R-Dpad are not working when in a menu (e.g. crafting), so left-right is gone. However, the actual buttons are working for other keybindings e.g. sheathe weapon, swap weapon, etc.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Infixo

Is there any pattern on when left and right stop working?

Does this happen after a certain amount of time has passed in game?

Is it happening when you perform certain actions in game?
    Staff Post
  • Infixo
    Infixo
    ✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_BillE
    I found this thread in Bug Reports section.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/500641/gamepad-mode-left-joystick-not-responding
    Basically it is my also my case.
    1. It happens when crafting.
    2. It takes several seconds "to activate" after going to a crafting station. Maybe half a minute. If I am fast enough I can do 1 crafting. But eventually it always happens.
    3. If I don't use crafting, then all works ok. No issues at all.
    Hope it helps
    BR
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    have had same issue pre-patch
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This issue is old as the game,
    you need to use /reloadui to fix it
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure the Character page is scrolled all the way to the top, that used to fnark mine up like that.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Infixo
    Infixo
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE The issue has been fixed for me in the 5.2.8 patch. Thank you.
  • skielboeb16_ESO
    skielboeb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Just had this exact issue on the latest version of the game. Not entirely sure how it happened, but it was after running a dungeon and doing some zoning. /reloadui fixed it for me.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Since this thread is over a year old and may contain some outdated information, the discussion is being closed. If you are unable to find a recent thread on a specific issue, please go ahead and start your own thread.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.