The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

What are best sets for PVE MagSorc?

cal50
cal50
✭✭✭
Hi guys,

I had 5x Necro, 5x war maiden, 2x ilambris set. I returned to the game after a year break and was using Alcast's build. As I seen it, his not using Necro set right now. So I'm wondering is this set still viable for pet Sorc?

Also which skill line you suggest for solo AOE grinding (skyreach etc.) and dungeons? Cuz looks like some skills got nerfed like liquid lighting or power surge
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PVE or PVP? For PVE, Necro is still best for Pet Sorcs. Mother's Sorrow is the set used across the board for both Pet Sorcs and MagSorcs. War Maiden is fine if you are just running overland. Since you looked at Alcast, you saw that False Gods is the new meta set, and has been since Elsweyr came out. The heavy attack builds seem to be gaining popularity again. For that I run Elegance + IA. I know Undaunted Infiltrator is the preferred jewelry/weapons setup but I got tired of farming Arx. And Elegance works just fine.

Ilambris is still good. Zaan and Skoria are probably better, depending on content.

I haven't run a non-pet build since the new patch came out (on console) so I can't speak as to the new skills.
  • cal50
    cal50
    ✭✭✭
    PVE or PVP? For PVE, Necro is still best for Pet Sorcs. Mother's Sorrow is the set used across the board for both Pet Sorcs and MagSorcs. War Maiden is fine if you are just running overland. Since you looked at Alcast, you saw that False Gods is the new meta set, and has been since Elsweyr came out. The heavy attack builds seem to be gaining popularity again. For that I run Elegance + IA. I know Undaunted Infiltrator is the preferred jewelry/weapons setup but I got tired of farming Arx. And Elegance works just fine.

Ilambris is still good. Zaan and Skoria are probably better, depending on content.

I haven't run a non-pet build since the new patch came out (on console) so I can't speak as to the new skills.

Soryy for misspelling, I'm playing PetSorc too. Whats your skill bars?
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Keep in mind, IA is no longer useful for raid situations when there is a Warden present (provided the Warden healer is not a derp and knows how to use their skill). You may want a back-up set.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are 3 main setups that are considered best for Magicka Sorcerer, these work for single pet or no-pet.

1. Stationary fight, single target or AoE: Siroria + Mother’s Sorrow
    2. Mobile AoE fights: Mother’s Sorrow + False Gods
    3. Mobile Single Target Fights: Spell Strategist + False Gods

1 is very difficult to sustain, and will require some combination of Breton, recovery food, Grundwulf and/or Absorb Magicka, as well as the obvious Orbs/Shards and Minor Magickasteal. A lot of Sorcerers don’t really bother setting up 3, since 2 isn’t far behind it and is more versatile.

Also you should still use Lightning Flood for AoE, but not on bosses. Other AoE skills are Mystic Orb and Unstable Wall, with Shock Ring as a spammable.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on November 4, 2019 6:49PM
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want to do a heavy attack build then the gear suggested by Xynode in his easy mode sorc video can't be beat. I've been using it for probably a year or more. IA + UI + maelstrom lightning staff. This is just 1 option and only if you want to do a LOT of heavy attacking like I do. All 3 sets/items above have a very large heavy attack buff.

The other suggestions above are good too but are more for typical LA-weaving rotations where you need to worry about sustain. For monster set I use Iceheart most of the time. If it's an easier dungeon or overland where I'm not too worried about surviving I use Grothdar for a little more AOE damage, but I lose the shield.

With the right CP setup and melon parmesan pork food I have over 40K max magicka and over 18K health with no attribute points in health. With group buffs health goes as high as 21k in raid. And with the Iceheart shield and using tri-pots for emergency health, I amost never die. I use Boundless storm for a big protection buff and AOE damage. Lightning Flood, Elemental Blockade, and either Iceheart or Grothdar means 4 different AOE skills. And heavy attacks with the passives do damage to every enemy within a certain area and is basically another huge AOE. I've seen my DPS go to 125,000K against mobs in nHRC and I only checked once. Anyway, these are just ideas. I'm sure there are plenty of better builds. I like mine because it's easy/fun to play and I never worry about sustain.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, if you want a build based on elemental damage you can check out Elemental Succession and Netch's Touch if you're using all shock damage. I haven't tried it myself but it looks interesting on paper.
    I'm not a fan of Siroria because of how it works. I think it's best for stationary players and I move around the whole time (quickly using Boundless Storm)
    There are other sets for fire damage also like Burning Spellweave, but if I remember correctly you'd want to go Dragon Knight for a player focusing on fire damage
  • OolongSnakeTea
    OolongSnakeTea
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mothers Sorrow + BSW + Zaan or Illambris or Iceheart.

Or like whatever, parse it and see what you get the best results form your rotation. Its up to you!

I personally do 2 pet, HA rotation lighting staves set up with necro + mothers sorrow + zaans right now, get decent numbers and like the play style cus I can do it both slightly buzzed and sober, and still get good results.

Mothers Sorrow is just so strong however, it'd be a hard pass to not have it plus some other set, depending on the content and fights you are doing.
    "I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose."– Stephen King

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    cal50 wrote: »

Soryy for misspelling, I'm playing PetSorc too. Whats your skill bars?

I run the base setup in Alcast with degeneration, prey and volatile familiar on the front bar; unstable wall, lightning flood, and volatile on the back bar. But I like using twilight matriarch on both bars instead of the tormentor. The healing is outstanding.
    Will also swap out crystal frags for daedric tomb, bound aegis, or scalding rune depending on content. As for empowered ward, I'll go back and forth with that and hardened. That one seems to change most often with these patches.

The main reason is my Petsorc is what I use in vet pugs and to run vDSA and vMA. Its kind of an island/self-sufficient character that I don't have to rely on others for shields or heals. Really good when you get one of those vHRC pugs that love to run around every time a boss appears instead of not acting like fools.

EDIT: Forgot about Iceheart (just saw @thesoundofwolf post). Great solo/shielding set. Will not pump out the damage of Zaan or Skoria, but its hard to die with Icehart on, and the damage is okay
    Edited by El_Borracho on November 4, 2019 10:59PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mothers Sorrow is just so strong however, it'd be a hard pass to not have it plus some other set, depending on the content and fights you are doing.

I think calling Mother’s Sorrow strong is an exaggeration. It’s more that Magicka builds struggle to build their % crit chance. There is no staff variant that mirrors daggers (10% crit), the Thief Mundus is underpowered compared to Shadow (which makes crit even more important). When it comes to sets, we would be much better off wearing a Magicka version of Tzogvins, or Magicka Advancing Yokeda, or Magicka Dragonguard Elite. However none of these exist, so we’re stuck with a disappointing meta of Magicka Leviathan (Sorrow) and Magicka Vicious Ophidian (False Gods). Sorry for the slight rant, just felt the need to point out that Sorrow is not particularly good, it’s just that Magicka sets are universally pretty bad.
  • Aerenel
    Aerenel
    ✭✭✭

I think calling Mother’s Sorrow strong is an exaggeration. It’s more that Magicka builds struggle to build their % crit chance. There is no staff variant that mirrors daggers (10% crit), the Thief Mundus is underpowered compared to Shadow (which makes crit even more important). When it comes to sets, we would be much better off wearing a Magicka version of Tzogvins, or Magicka Advancing Yokeda, or Magicka Dragonguard Elite. However none of these exist, so we’re stuck with a disappointing meta of Magicka Leviathan (Sorrow) and Magicka Vicious Ophidian (False Gods). Sorry for the slight rant, just felt the need to point out that Sorrow is not particularly good, it’s just that Magicka sets are universally pretty bad.

I cry because this is so true.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    malistorr wrote: »
    If you want to do a heavy attack build then the gear suggested by Xynode in his easy mode sorc video can't be beat. I've been using it for probably a year or more. IA + UI + maelstrom lightning staff. This is just 1 option and only if you want to do a LOT of heavy attacking like I do. All 3 sets/items above have a very large heavy attack buff.

The other suggestions above are good too but are more for typical LA-weaving rotations where you need to worry about sustain. For monster set I use Iceheart most of the time. If it's an easier dungeon or overland where I'm not too worried about surviving I use Grothdar for a little more AOE damage, but I lose the shield.

With the right CP setup and melon parmesan pork food I have over 40K max magicka and over 18K health with no attribute points in health. With group buffs health goes as high as 21k in raid. And with the Iceheart shield and using tri-pots for emergency health, I amost never die. I use Boundless storm for a big protection buff and AOE damage. Lightning Flood, Elemental Blockade, and either Iceheart or Grothdar means 4 different AOE skills. And heavy attacks with the passives do damage to every enemy within a certain area and is basically another huge AOE. I've seen my DPS go to 125,000K against mobs in nHRC and I only checked once. Anyway, these are just ideas. I'm sure there are plenty of better builds. I like mine because it's easy/fun to play and I never worry about sustain.

As I've said, no more IA in raid. It's a wasted skill. Your warden healer now provides it, so this build is outdated and no longer viable for large group play.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your opinion p00tx but you're 100% WRONG. There is no better set for my build and play style than IA.
    I use it only for the huge buff to heavy attack damage. We're not talking about your build here or anyone else. For someone who's heavy attacking they'd be incredibly stupid to NOT use IA. I doubt in many RAID groups you'd get a warden healer providing that buff more than half the time in reality, and all the other times when a mag sorc is solo or in PUGs they would need the buff.

(2 items) Adds 833 Spell Critical
    (3 items) Gain Minor Slayer at all times, increasing your damage done to Dungeon, Trial, and Arena Monsters by 5%.
    (4 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (5 items) Adds 833 Spell Critical, Your Heavy Attacks deal an additional 903 damage. Enemies you damage with fully-charged Heavy Attacks are afflicted with Minor Vulnerability for 10 seconds, increasing their damage taken by 8%.

Look at all that this set does, in ADDITION to the huge heavy attack buff. The other perks by themselves are pretty much worth it without the HA buff that you can't beat with any other set. This set is best, period, for any mag. sorc who wants to heavy attack a lot. Xynode uses it and he doesn't even heavy attack that much. Sheesh. Stop spreading your bad information. We're not talking about light attack weavers here who use other skills. This is for heavy attacking mag sorc!
    And as far as a wasted skill, even if that were true part of the time, show me some other set that would be better in the above scenario. You can't, because it doesn't exist.

Edited by malistorr on November 6, 2019 3:32PM
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »

As I've said, no more IA in raid. It's a wasted skill. Your warden healer now provides it, so this build is outdated and no longer viable for large group play.

And if you get into a raid without a warden healer.....

I run most of my guild raids with my stam characters because its an organized run. In that situation you are correct. But when I am pugging around town, its the petsorc or the heavy attack sorc. Why? BECAUSE ITS A PUG. I don't know if the healer is going to actually heal, let alone apply debuffs.

But more to this thread, there are other things to do than raids, like dungeons without healers. The petsorc and heavy attack sorc are also great for vDSA and vMA. So yes, this build is great for many other things.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for your opinion p00tx but you're 100% WRONG. There is no better set for my build and play style than IA.
    I use it only for the huge buff to heavy attack damage. We're not talking about your build here or anyone else. For someone who's heavy attacking they'd be incredibly stupid to NOT use IA. I doubt in many RAID groupd you'd get a warden healer providing that buff more than half the time in reality, and all the other times when a mag sorc is solo or in PUGs they would need the buff.

(2 items) Adds 833 Spell Critical
    (3 items) Gain Minor Slayer at all times, increasing your damage done to Dungeon, Trial, and Arena Monsters by 5%.
    (4 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (5 items) Adds 833 Spell Critical, Your Heavy Attacks deal an additional 903 damage. Enemies you damage with fully-charged Heavy Attacks are afflicted with Minor Vulnerability for 10 seconds, increasing their damage taken by 8%.

Look at all that this set does, in ADDITION to the huge heavy attack buff. The other perks by themselves are pretty much worth it without the HA buff that you can't beat with any other set. This set is best, period, for any mag. sorc who wants to heavy attack a lot. Xynode uses it and he doesn't even heavy attack that much. Sheesh. Stop spreading your bad information. We're not talking about light attack weavers here who use other skills. This is for heavy attacking mag sorc!
    And as far as a wasted skill, even if that were true part of the time, show me some other set that would be better in the above scenario. You can't, because it doesn't exist.

Are you being serious right now, or is there a hidden camera somewhere?
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    What set is better for a heavy attacking mag sorc? Go ahead and answer instead of wasting space. Then I'll prove you wrong and we can all move on. I'm ready when you are.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @malistorr you do know that you need to have a fully charged lightning attack to apply the minor vulnerability and that extra 903 damage is only with that last tick of a lightning staff, the "lightning pulse" part, as far as I know, only the vMA staffs extra damage is added to each tick.
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cal50 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I had 5x Necro, 5x war maiden, 2x ilambris set. I returned to the game after a year break and was using Alcast's build. As I seen it, his not using Necro set right now. So I'm wondering is this set still viable for pet Sorc?

Also which skill line you suggest for solo AOE grinding (skyreach etc.) and dungeons? Cuz looks like some skills got nerfed like liquid lighting or power surge

I have mained magsorc since 2015. We have had many ups and downs and certainly have had to adjust our builds accordingly based on what changes are made.

Since Dragonhold, this is my current setup:

5x False God's Devotion (all divine armor pieces) - 5x Mother's Sorrow (bloodthirsty jewelry/precise inferno front bar)
    Infused VMA Inferno Back bar - Zaan or Ilambris monster sets (both divine, one medium/one heavy)

For your skills for soloing and dungeons, I would go with this:

Crystal Fragments, Force Pulse, Daedric Prey, Volatile Familiar, Twilight Tormentor - Ice Comet Ultimate
    Unstable Blockade, Channeled Acceleration/Barbed Trap, Hardened Ward, Volatile Familiar, Twilight Tormentor - Atro Ultimate

If you are doing true solo stuff and have a need for self heals, replace Channeled Acceleration with Critical Surge (the other morph that you currently have). You can also replace Atro ulti on back bar with Desto ulti for more AOE damage.

Sorc has crap for sustain so you absolutely have to run Clockwork Citrus Filet food (or Witchmother's Potent Brew).

Lightning Flood is certainly a great aoe ability, but considering the recent cost changes to many abilities, if you're trying to use it AND blockade, it is just far too large of a sustain issue, hence why I am no longer running Flood at all. A sorc healer may be able to get away with running it easier, but for dps its just FAR too expensive and with pets taking up 4 bar slots, we don't have much wiggle room so it's a no brainer that Flood had to go.
    Edited by itsfatbass on November 6, 2019 4:40PM
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What set is better for a heavy attacking mag sorc? Go ahead and answer instead of wasting space. Then I'll prove you wrong and we can all move on. I'm ready when you are.

Xynode is a SUPER SUPER SUPER casual at best player. His information misses a lot of very important stuff. Basically every other magicka trial set is going to perform better than IA on a dps.... ALL of them. Not to mention in todays game, a heavy attack build is a large dps LOSS.

NO DPS SHOULD EVER BE WEARING INFALLIBLE AETHER. Get out here with that crazy talk.
    In todays game, even HEALERS don't need to wear it anymore (long as there is a warden healer present).

So in conclusion, PUT IA IN YOUR HOUSE COFFER AND MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE.

If you're still having doubts, watch this video below:

The Death of Infallible Aether
    Edited by itsfatbass on November 6, 2019 4:51PM
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your points:
    1. Xynode is a causal player = not relevant to this discussion (The discussion is only what set is better than IA for a mag sorc. who does mostly heavy attacking)
    2. "Every other set is going to perform better than IA on a dps" = NOT TRUE at all. Provide some facts here. And again, we're specifically talking about a mag sorc who does mostly heavy attacking, not light attack weaving. So are you having a separate conversation with yourself? It seems like it.
    3. A heavy attack build is a large DPS loss = again, not relevant to the conversation, or just plain wrong. For DPS in mobs, whether trial or 4-man dungeons, I don't think you can beat my 125,000K DPS. That was checking it a single time and I bet I can get it much higher. Everything about my build is for damaging as many enemies at a time as possible and with max damage.
    4. The video you referenced is also not relevant as it's telling a healer to not wear the set. We're talking about heavy attacking mag sorc ONLY! Get that through your thick skull.

So again, unless you want to waste more of our time. Tell me what set is better for a heavy attacking mag sorc than IA!
    Edited by malistorr on November 6, 2019 6:20PM
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    For OP, you mention pet sorc. As far as I know pet damage scales off max magicka so Necro and Crafty Alfiq I think give the most max magicka of all sets. And each 10.5 max magicka = 1 spell damage I believe so it should help you improve just about any skill and/or LA/HA.
    IMO gear is best decided upon based on what skills you're going to use/how you play. So basically figure out your play style/skills you want to use and pick the gear to best complement that.
    I heavy attack mostly so I have 3 sets/items that buff heavy attacks. If you're going to go for max pet damage you'd want the sets above probably or maybe Necro with PFG if you're going to use a lot of skills that use a lot of magicka and you have sustain problems and don't want to heavy attack or use 1 of the other many sustain cures available.
    You did mention AOE. So for me:
    1. Heavy attack with passives affects many targets grouped together so basically big AOE
    2. Grothdar or Iceheart = AOE
    3. Boundless Storm = AOE
    4. Lightning Flood = AOE
    5. Elemental Rage = basically huge AOE
    6. Elemental Blockade = AOE
    Lightning in general is better AOE and fire is better single-target. So many people use a lightning staff 1-bar with those skills and fire staff 2nd-bar with those skills when they want to do single-target.
    Essential skill = Crit. Surge for Major Sorcery and awesome self-heal
    There are probably other AOE skills that are good too, this is just 1-way to play. And it won't get you the best results on a single target dummy. So of course many people will criticize the build.
    And of course you'll slot your pet(s) if that's how you want to play.
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your points:
    1. Xynode is a causal player = not relevant to this discussion (The discussion is only what set is better than IA for a mag sorc. who does mostly heavy attacking)
    2. "Every other set is going to perform better than IA on a dps" = NOT TRUE at all. Provide some facts here. And again, we're specifically talking about a mag sorc who does mostly heavy attacking, not light attack weaving. So are you having a separate conversation with yourself? It seems like it.
    3. A heavy attack build is a large DPS loss = again, not relevant to the conversation, or just plain wrong. For DPS in mobs, whether trial or 4-man dungeons, I don't think you can beat my 125,000K DPS. That was checking it a single time and I bet I can get it much higher. Everything about my build is for damaging as many enemies at a time as possible and with max damage.
    4. The video you referenced is also not relevant as it's telling a healer to not wear the set. We're talking about heavy attacking mag sorc ONLY! Get that through your thick skull.

So again, unless you want to waste more of our time. Tell me what set is better for a heavy attacking mag sorc than IA!

False God's, Moondancer, Siroria. All are better than IA on a heavy attacking mag sorc or ANY mag sorc. Essentially any of the other light armor trial sets. Are you running lightning staves and lightning blockade then? You do realize you are already procing concussion/Minor Vulnerability with that alone right? And attempting to use your AOE trash fight dps as some comparison is only making your attempts at discussion immensely laughable. Your setup will work well for you in solo content and the vanilla dungeons but beyond that I will refer you to my detailed post above here for what sets and skills a pet magicka sorcerer should be wearing post Dragonhold.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For OP, you mention pet sorc. As far as I know pet damage scales off max magicka so Necro and Crafty Alfiq I think give the most max magicka of all sets. And each 10.5 max magicka = 1 spell damage I believe so it should help you improve just about any skill and/or LA/HA.
    IMO gear is best decided upon based on what skills you're going to use/how you play. So basically figure out your play style/skills you want to use and pick the gear to best complement that.
    I heavy attack mostly so I have 3 sets/items that buff heavy attacks. If you're going to go for max pet damage you'd want the sets above probably or maybe Necro with PFG if you're going to use a lot of skills that use a lot of magicka and you have sustain problems and don't want to heavy attack or use 1 of the other many sustain cures available.
    You did mention AOE. So for me:
    1. Heavy attack with passives affects many targets grouped together so basically big AOE
    2. Grothdar or Iceheart = AOE
    3. Boundless Storm = AOE
    4. Lightning Flood = AOE
    5. Elemental Rage = basically huge AOE
    6. Elemental Blockade = AOE
    Lightning in general is better AOE and fire is better single-target. So many people use a lightning staff 1-bar with those skills and fire staff 2nd-bar with those skills when they want to do single-target.
    Essential skill = Crit. Surge for Major Sorcery and awesome self-heal
    There are probably other AOE skills that are good too, this is just 1-way to play. And it won't get you the best results on a single target dummy. So of course many people will criticize the build.
    And of course you'll slot your pet(s) if that's how you want to play.

Sorry, but I tested on the 6m dummy the difference between Infallible and Mother’s sorry. I put a rubber band on the heavy attack button so timing wasnt an issue. IA consistently did about 800 more DPS than Mother’s sorrow, less than the bonus in the tooltip. This also assumes your ONLY using heavy attacks, so if you use any other skill, mother’s sorrow will beat it. Also, 800 dps is nothing when you’re talking 30-50k dps
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your build obviously isn't optimized for heavy attack. CP points and passives matter hugely. Each tick of mine does about 30K average damage. Every single ticket. Not taking into account all the other damage to the several other enemies I'm usually hitting from splash damage that you won't touch using most other skills.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Testing heavy attack damage on single target is a worthless waste of time as it will show you a fraction of real damage you'll do in RAID. Dummies are just for kids to show off on youtube how fast they can press buttons. We're all very impressed.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Testing heavy attack damage on single target is a worthless waste of time as it will show you a fraction of real damage you'll do in RAID. Dummies are just for kids to show off on youtube how fast they can press buttons. We're all very impressed.

The point wasn’t to test raid damage, it was merely to compare heavy attack damage of IA vs. Mother’s Sorrow. But like you say, I just run standard CP distribution so I’m not specc’d for heavy attack. I ran IA for the longest time until I got a hold of false god recently.

If you’re getting 30k ticks then thats awesome and I’d love you know how you spread your CP and skills
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im using off meta Necro + Crafty to rise magicka pool to 59k (63k with War horn). Up to almost 70k with two separate monster sets and Bound Aegis, but it seems it doesn't worth it at this point.
    37k parse on 3kk dummy with heavy attack rotation (no spam skills) and Matriarch (not Tormentor). Double lightning staffs.
    pros:
    - almost all damage is AoE
    - infinite sustain without even a single "magicka regen" bonus. Breton race though
    - super cheap and easy to get gear (guild store)
    cons:
    - pets can annoy some players

This build can be (theoreticaly) converted to meta spam rotation with that Bright Throat and Witchmother brew.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’d actually love to see a good raid parse from a heavy attack build. Preferably on a well-known parse boss like Yolnahkriin. I’ve never seen one perform well and I’m curious what the DPS cap is for such a build.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    im using off meta Necro + Crafty to rise magicka pool to 59k (63k with War horn). Up to almost 70k with two separate monster sets and Bound Aegis, but it seems it doesn't worth it at this point.
    37k parse on 3kk dummy with heavy attack rotation (no spam skills) and Matriarch (not Tormentor). Double lightning staffs.
    pros:
    - almost all damage is AoE
    - infinite sustain without even a single "magicka regen" bonus. Breton race though
    - super cheap and easy to get gear (guild store)
    cons:
    - pets can annoy some players

This build can be (theoreticaly) converted to meta spam rotation with that Bright Throat and Witchmother brew.

What rotation? That is substantially more damage than I do and I struggle with LA weaving. Here to learn!
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What rotation? That is substantially more damage than I do and I struggle with LA weaving. Here to learn!

drop Atronach then
    Flood - LA - Unstable - swap
    Scamp - LA - Prey - heavy attack - LA - repeate
    If you low on magicka somehow use two heavy attacks, then when casting Flood use block to cancel its animation.

Always use Fragments proc when ready, do not cast any other skills, sometimes it can proc two times on front bar (after Scamp then after Prey).

My bars:
    Front: Prey, Scamp, Matriarch, Fragments, Inner light; Shooting Star
    Back: Flood, Unstable, Matriarch, Crit Surge, Scamp; Atronach

I must say the meta spam rotation (dot1 + dot2 + dot3 + spam Elemental Weapon) is kinda easier than this. So you may think to go that route actually.
    Edited by mocap on November 7, 2019 9:41AM