Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about being out of stamina before dying and having plenty of stamina befrore

CynicK
CynicK
✭✭✭
So it is been some time i have wanted to ask this, this happens to me somtimes I had stamina or magica depending on the toon and before dying i click the heal and there is sudently no magicka or stamina i am at 0 and I die, well i have to say that I have not been watching the bar because my attention was on the fight but i have good recovery and almost never end up without stamina, the fight has to be very very long to end up without stamina so I do not know if it is some sort of drain people uses of which i am unaware of or my guess is that I am clicking but I am already dead on the server because it usually happens when I had very low health but not on my computer and that is why the heal does not activate.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a product of how the game works. When your opponent, for example, hits executioner the damage is immediately dealt, then the ability visually hits you. When you die, your stamina and magicka empties. You're dead before the visual aspect of the game carries over.
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    They did double the cost of AOE dots. Alcast has updated builds to counter this, mainly through the soul trap morph which returns stamina. I tested his build and I had no probs with stamina even without heavy attacks, but the damage feels low compared to pre patch (naturally).
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vyvrhel wrote: »
    They did double the cost of AOE dots. Alcast has updated builds to counter this, mainly through the soul trap morph which returns stamina. I tested his build and I had no probs with stamina even without heavy attacks, but the damage feels low compared to pre patch (naturally).

?
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You got desynced when someone killed you, most likely a cloaked stamblade with double barred bows. It's a known glitch and weaker players tend to exploit it to get easy kills. It happens to all of us, has been going on for a very long time, ZOS knows about it, and they're not likely to ever do anything about it, so I usually just shrug it off and move on.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be aware of what you are doing before. It happens sometimes to me too, but it's usually an user error - in some situations it is possible to lose a LOT of stamina and magicka. For example by blocking some attack and doing two dodge rolls... So you can look at your stamina, think "oh well, I am half way up, it's good" and depending on your toon one or two dodge rolls later you are "empty" and can't block the next incoming heavy attack... Well, so I am saying it's often that you die because your ressources were empty first.

It could be desyncing, too, of course. If it happens often, /reloadui or restarting the whole client should help. You might check your ping, too. (You can activate it in settings menu somewhere.)

However, if you are playing on PC you can make use of /encounterlog and check how your ressources got depleted. Maybe it's only your perception and you can check in detail what has actually happened to deplete your ressources.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!