Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MagSorc PVE “Mystic” build from Alcast - Help needed as review from current experienced players

RefLiberty
RefLiberty
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello,

Since I rather google myself topics as builds instead of bothering people on the forum, since it is often requiring a lot of explaining and wall of texts, I have prepared probably well known to all Alcast build.

There are few things in that build that lazy me consider to tedious but that is not the main issue, I'm a noob so not qualified to comment on it.

What I ask now from you fellas, it to go through the setup and tell me you point of view, what you would like to change or what you use differently, or you think it is working better.
No need to waste too much of your time, just write I would change that or that and I will compare it with the build.

Also, if you have links or builds that you consider to be better, just drop a link and I will check it out. Focus is on MagSorc PVE.

P.S
I'm having major issues in sustain since I often found my self bursting everything out on a first third of the battle, so I now definitely need experienced help with bolting and duct taping some sort of functional builds.
Again, as already said, I don't expect from you to write essays and waste your time, just comment the link below or more dump useful links.
Build:
https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-sorcerer-build-pve/

Also, interesting build but requires a bit more clicking to be efficient:
https://dottzgaming.com/build/apothis-magicka-sorcerer-pve-build/

Thank you for your time.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What points don't you wanna bother with because of laziness?
  • Trenia
    Trenia
    ✭✭✭
    https://discord.gg/Y4CsNH Come here to discuss builds and ask questions.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all it seems that the "Mystic" build hasn't been updated with the reverted Power Surge Skill Critical Surge. It now grants Major Sorcery again which imo makes Degeneration obsolete in the "Optional Non Pet" build, and more or less mandatory on all other builds. No need for Spell Potions or Degeneration anymore, better use of other potions here.

Edit*
    In regards to sustain, HAs with a Lighning Staff on a Sorcerer is nothing to underestimate, not dmg wise nor sustain wise. One HA every 2nd or 3rd rotation maybe. Destruction Staff skill Elemental Drain (morph) isn't too bad either.

These builds are more or less meant to rely on the team in regards of buffs and sustain, hence the mention of Energy Orbs. But with a TriStat Potion active and occasional HAs sustain should be less pronounced. I usually want to slot Destro Staff skill Crushing Shock just for the ranged interrupt and when finishing an enemy with a Destruction Staff skill the Destruction Expert passive gives you 3,600 magicka back.
    Edited by Idinuse on November 5, 2019 4:08PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »
    First of all it seems that the "Mystic" build hasn't been updated with the reverted Power Surge Skill. It now grants Major Sorcery again which imo makes Degeneration obsolete in the "Optional Non Pet" build, and more or less mandatory on all other builds. No need for Spell Potions or Degeneration anymore, better use of other potions here.

This, this is what I need. As said, I'm a new player so I cannot see or track those changes, this is the the input I need.
    Good thing I opened this tread, cos I would probably try to follow the guide provided.

For Lord-Otto
    I probably don't know what I'm talking about, but tracking when to spam Elemental Weapon and then when Crystal Fragments proc, to use that instead of Elemental weapon, and all that with combining light attack weaving, seems a bit tedious.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RefLiberty wrote: »
    Idinuse wrote: »
    First of all it seems that the "Mystic" build hasn't been updated with the reverted Power Surge Skill . It now grants Major Sorcery again which imo makes Degeneration obsolete in the "Optional Non Pet" build, and more or less mandatory on all other builds. No need for Spell Potions or Degeneration anymore, better use of other potions here.

This, this is what I need. As said, I'm a new player so I cannot see or track those changes, this is the the input I need.
    Good thing I opened this tread, cos I would probably try to follow the guide provided.

For Lord-Otto
    I probably don't know what I'm talking about, but tracking when to spam Elemental Weapon and then when Crystal Fragments proc, to use that instead of Elemental weapon, and all that with combining light attack weaving, seems a bit tedious.

Just an update, Critical Surge is what I meant, not Power Surge. (The previous update patch had no Major Sorcery on Critical Surge, forcing us that don't use pets but rely on self heals to slot Degeneration or use SpellPower Potions (with Crit Surge) for our Major Sorcery buffs. Crit Surge is now back to healing on all crit dmg and granting Major Sorcery.

Sorry fort he mix up.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    even though it receives a lot of unwarranted grief I post this build for you to ponder on. Many, many players have been successful and had FUN with this build, do with it what you may....
    https://www.xynodegaming.com/easysorc
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joxer61 wrote: »
    even though it receives a lot of unwarranted grief I post this build for you to ponder on. Many, many players have been successful and had FUN with this build, do with it what you may....
    https://www.xynodegaming.com/easysorc

No no, every advice or build is more than welcome. Thank you for posting it.

• Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alcast builds are very viable, particularly for trials. If nothing else, his builds will give you a good foundation for further theory crafting. For solo and other vet content (Maelstrom, Dragon Star, etc.), you may want to add some self heals (Critical Surge) and up your resistances (Boundless Storm, which also does decent melee damage). Elemental weapon is ok for parsing, but I always found it too clunky in actual combat and opt for Force Pulse. The proc for Crystal Frags should always be in your rotation as the damage and reduced cost is hard to pass up (makes the rotation tedious at first but you'll get used to it).

Since the combat team in their infinite wisdom decided we should all be annoyed with sustain issues, you're just going to have to deal with them by:

1. Infrequent use of high cost AOE's, particularly on single targets.
    2. Absorb magicka glyph on the back bar for when you lay down Unstable Wall.
    3. Heavy attacks.
    4. Magicka recover glyphs on jewelry.
    5. Magicka recover potions.
    6. Race selection that reduces magicka cost (Breton).
    7. Gear selection that reduces magicka cost (False God's).

Experimenting with how much you should apply any of the above depends on your play style and personal choice.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use something similar to Xynode. It's not for everyone, and I know my single-target DPS is not near the top. But for PVE and dealing with dungeon and trial mobs it's awesome. I just heavy attack a lot more since you get 3-large HA bonuses from the Infallible Aether set, Undaunted Infiltrator set, and Maelstrom Lightning staff. I figure why have 3 sets/items that buff heavy attacks if you're not going to heavy attack a lot? Xynode uses a lot of other skills that I don't use and seems to get pretty good DPS and has sustain as well. But my build is easier to play IMO since my rotation is much easier and I don't light attack at all. The best sustain set right now seems to be Perfect(ed) version of False Gods. I'm sure there are other sets and/or monster sets that are good as well. Then of course make sure you're using a race like Breton that's good for sustain and check your passive skills, CPs, etc to make sure you're using everything that can restore magicka. Even if you don't want a heavy attack build, you can add a heavy attack or 2 into your rotation to help with sustain like I think someone already suggested. If I remember right I think there may be a food also that gives max magicka and health and also a little magicka recovery. You can also use a recovery glyph or 2.