The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamina players: medium or heavy armour?

Rhaegar75
Rhaegar75
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey guys, I’m interested in your views on what armour you use in pvp.
With my mag chars I went from heavy to light and literally saw the light: the perks of light are major to me.

With regards to the medium/heavy conundrum I’m still very undecided but I seem to lean more towards a heavy set up cause of the extra damage.

What are you guys using and why?

Stamina players: medium or heavy armour? 107 votes

Medium
60%
Solarikendeepseamk20b14_ESOMurderMostFouliluvatariswenchmore420b14_ESOIruil_ESOKoensolkickback120ub17_ESOwsmith97ub17_ESOWolfpawShaloknirInaMoonlightdeancorso59Rhaegar75FearlessOne_2014EirellaTBoisXarcleepalmer95Waffennacht 65 votes
Heavy
17%
Davadinjuha.smedsneb18_ESOFeannagHidesFromSunolsborgkollege14a5JAwtuneshussein7861LuckylancerVapirkoAtt1TudeAki-Ralgepe87danthemann5WildRaptorXdarkblue5DreadDaedrothUrzigurumashSuligost 19 votes
It changes depending on the situation
21%
starlizard70ub17_ESOtechnohicEmrisDovahLordChefZeroKartalinAedarylFischblutTheNorthernDragonAlucuGrimlok_Smikey_reachValabrogMrsinister2TrancestorXologamerVizirithYe_Olde_CroweJinxxNDLuedeMasshypnosis 23 votes
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Medium
    I never use heavy on mag or stam unless building a tank, and these days even that is pushing me towards medium or light armor.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Medium for most PvE, except tanking of course. Heavy for PvP.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy
    Medium feels too squishy.
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    depends with the class u play. NB works fine with medium armor.
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    Medium
    I used both on my first two NBs and just found that I prefer the sustainability and mobility of medium over the resists inherent to heavy, in PvP specifically.

Currently all of my stam pvp chars use med. I can definitely see how heavy can be made to work, but so far it isnt for me.

Im leveling a magplar and soon a magsorc (purely thru BGs incidentally), and expect they will be going Light with potentially two heavy pieces mixed in.
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy
    I use both but fundamentally the kiting medium armor plan has been in rough shape for years. You need really good server performance and you don't get that rewarded even when it does work.

Most stamina is using a heavy style build plan regardless of the specific armor type used.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Medium
    My playstyle is centered around hit and run so medium is the obvious choice.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the class; stamplar medium, stam sorc both but preferably medium, Stam dk heavy and stam warden both.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Medium
    Heavy always feels cumbersome, sustain sucks, and the only way to get good damage is to wear a handful of specific sets. Yeah I can take more hits.. but most of the time it seems like just delaying the inevitable.

I'd rather have fast movement speed, better sustain, and more damage. Especially if you're playing with CP, it's quite easy to have plenty of mitigation regardless of the armor type.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy
    as a DK playing in CP PvP Dragonhold, it's HEAVY all the way. I'm using Molten Arms anyway so i get damage boost, and with new Acolyte sets, it's big damage when combined with another set. I'm matching it with Spriggan and completely take off (the nerfed) Onslaught.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Medium
    Medium armor sucks they said, heavy armor is OP they said.

People keep calling for medium armor buffs and still run medium armor a ton. How surprised I am at the poll results. How surprised.
  • scubasteve28
    scubasteve28
    ✭✭
    Medium
    I run medium on every Stam class. Even Stam dk I run a bursty build with fury and spriggans. Heavy would be better for group play probably but I only solo/ duel.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy
    chrightt wrote: »

People keep calling for medium armor buffs and still run medium armor a ton. How surprised I am at the poll results. How surprised.

as weird as it is, i'm mostly medium up until Dragonhold. But now I can have 7k wep damage on medium burst when everything proc, and i'm killing people just as effective when i'm on 6k wep damage with a LOT more survavibility.
  • Millz
    Millz
    ✭✭✭
    Medium
    Medium passives outweigh heavy. Heavy use to be very viable as good dmg setup in pvp but not as much anymore imo. Also shuffles mitigation is actually really nice as it effects templar puncturing strikes and all other aoes. It comes down to personally preference honestly though. I like hitting hard and running around rocks ;) but seriously heavy isnt terrible I just don't see it as useful anymore. I use to main heavy armor back when it was *broken* when you could use shuffle with it so maybe im biased I switched to medium about halfway through the morrowind update
    Brenhji
    PC NA - 400 cp
    (Retired) XBOX NA - 1006 cp

---Say no to standardization---
  • Millz
    Millz
    ✭✭✭
    Medium
    Medium skill ceiling is higher than of heavy too
    Brenhji
    PC NA - 400 cp
    (Retired) XBOX NA - 1006 cp

---Say no to standardization---
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Medium
    I can get the same resists on med as heavy and have more mobility, more damage, and more regen.
    I play a stamDk for clarity
    Edited by MajBludd on November 3, 2019 11:02AM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    chrightt wrote: »

Its almost like the game is changing every patch or something.

What a concept to wrap your head around, I know right...
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run nord and usually a little defensive set so medium seems fine. If I run heavy, probably run more offensive. Theres more than 1 way to skin a cat.

Also depends on the current meta though. A lot of players are turtled up and dont hit so hard and every little bit of damage helps. Lag though; can make you regret not being able to actively defend yourself
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to offend anyone but lol... so many guys have no clue.

It isn't just about comparison about resistance. HA is important for stacking health/-reg and off-regen for builds with high block uptime. MA for stamreg, crit and dodge cost reduction. HA = stay in fight, MA = hit&run.
    PC EU - DC only
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Medium
    Wear a defensive set in medium, or go nord and you can achieve the same resistance in heavy while also having more damage.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc