The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Dragons and Dolmens] Halloween's over. Enough with the Trick or Treat

Dusk_Coven
Dusk_Coven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
How about extending the respawn timer on these?
Right now it's like Trick or Treat -- you show up, you get candy. Don't know how people can complain about Terne and Iridium Plating to do their blue jewelry writs.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does the current respawn timer negatively impact you??? 🤔 People have long farmed dolmens for XP and now are working on getting loot and achievements. You’re welcome to do other activities, Mr. Grinch! :tongue:
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    How does the current respawn timer negatively impact you??? 🤔 People have long farmed dolmens for XP and now are working on getting loot and achievements. You’re welcome to do other activities, Mr. Grinch! :tongue:

That's like saying "we found an exploit but it doesn't negatively impact anyone. don't change it".
    When you show up at a dolmen to AFK or show up at a dragon and hit it once or twice to get tons of loot... that's an oversight ZOS should already have corrected.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

That's like saying "we found an exploit but it doesn't negatively impact anyone. don't change it".
    When you show up at a dolmen to AFK or show up at a dragon and hit it once or twice to get tons of loot... that's an oversight ZOS should already have corrected.

Dolmens have worked that way forever and there isn’t that much loot from them, including the purple skulls. I’d hardly call it an exploit. The dragons have a longer spawn time and are much more difficult to bring down so the loot is appropriately greater. I don’t see anything here that could possibly be considered an exploit. It’s not like camping any of these sites is a particularly efficient way to earn XP, loot, etc.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. I'm a fat kid and I want my strawberry jolly ranchers or so help me...
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It’s not like camping any of these sites is a particularly efficient way to earn XP, loot, etc.

Do you even play the game? Do you go to Elsweyr with a slow horse? Been to Alik'r yet? Who's talking about camping?

The respawn on dolmens and dragons should be longer, but to help the daily quests, the quests should require only 1 to complete -- because not every zone is like Alik'r and having to run around too much to find the active ones makes the time:reward ratio too high compared to other quests.

The respawn timer is just to reduce the tap-clicker game where you go to a popular dolmen/dragon, tap one attack button, and get your reward.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on November 3, 2019 5:16AM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, yes, and no, I’ve played mostly AD so far. So your issue is getting from one dragon to another? It seems to be changing here... I don’t know the routes well enough to hunt dragons in cycle (on top of my fastest mount speed currently 30), so when I want to go hunting, I usually hang out in the northern hunting grounds and watch for a dragon swoop in. ;)

Your issue is with people getting loot who haven’t contributed “enough” to the victory? How would you have that be determined? It was rather thrilling as a new player to run in and get to take part in bringing down a dragon, although I’m sure my part was small indeed. We’re not talking about large amounts of loot that can be efficiently farmed. No exploit, no problem, and now I’m just repeating myself. :/
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you're looking to actively punish new players or people who are leveling an alt because you think some people don't live up to your completely arbitrary standards of participation?

Okay then. I mean you do you but that's going to be an absolutely 'hell no!' from me.
  • SpankinDamob
    SpankinDamob
    ✭✭✭
    How about extending the respawn timer on these?
    Right now it's like Trick or Treat -- you show up, you get candy. Don't know how people can complain about Terne and Iridium Plating to do their blue jewelry writs.

0/10 troll attempt in the wrong forum, with wording intended to trigger people that are happy about the extension on Witches Festival. “Right now it’s like Trick or Treat”. Maybe if by right now you mean since the beginning of the game.

• Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dolens have 0 seconds respawn timer. But only 1 of yhem can be up.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s not like camping any of these sites is a particularly efficient way to earn XP, loot, etc.

Do you even play the game? Do you go to Elsweyr with a slow horse? Been to Alik'r yet? Who's talking about camping?

The respawn on dolmens and dragons should be longer, but to help the daily quests, the quests should require only 1 to complete -- because not every zone is like Alik'r and having to run around too much to find the active ones makes the time:reward ratio too high compared to other quests.

The respawn timer is just to reduce the tap-clicker game where you go to a popular dolmen/dragon, tap one attack button, and get your reward.

so instead of a tap-clicker game, it's a tap-wait-clicker game?

people runs around chasing dragons on Elswyr now and almost no one i see simply just click and stand AFK for about 3 minutes.........

somewhat similar to Alik'r dolmen runs that people destroys the dolmen in seconds, instead of just "click and wait".

so the time-reward ratio seems.... fair?

what is the problem again? I'm confused.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber