Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

if there was a completely new system in the future, what would you like it to be?

craybest
craybest
✭✭✭✭✭
Something we don't yet have in game. what would you like for it to have?
for me, I'd love if we had a system for sailing boats, ships, sea combat, diving and finding treasure, and things like that. Imaging sailing the highseas in a pretty sunset, or during a storm!
also a way to learn other classes skills, (even with some limits) so we could be more free and have more options. at the moment of doing our hotbars. (I'd personally ditch actual classes like we have now myself)
and I would also like the treasure map system we have, to be more developped.
so for you, what new system would you like for ESO to have?
Edited by craybest on November 2, 2019 5:35PM
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Servers that work properly.

edited to add "properly".
    Edited by Raideen on November 2, 2019 5:35PM
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I recall Assassin’s Creed players all said they wanted to be pirates. Then they released AC4 the pirate one and the players deserted in droves.

I hated the story that involved being on a boat. I can’t imagine a more boring route for ESO.

And if we’re really hypothesising about the future, it’s all about stuff that works, not promises of more jam tomorrow.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    If I recall Assassin’s Creed players all said they wanted to be pirates. Then they released AC4 the pirate one and the players deserted in droves.

I hated the story that involved being on a boat. I can’t imagine a more boring route for ESO.

And if we’re really hypothesising about the future, it’s all about stuff that works, not promises of more jam tomorrow.

Ac4 was great, the amount of times they pulled you out of the animus was not. Just let me be a pirate darn it. Ppl didnt like it as an assassins creed game cause face it, it wasn't. But loved it as a pirate game as it remains one of the better to date. As for adding, why not a way to hide shoulder pads, belts, hip "guards"
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Addition of magic skill lines that may or may not be at all useful in combat but would be fun for exploration, RP and were part of other Elder Scrolls games (and by this I mean TES III :lol:<3 ). Things like breathing underwater and levitation (I don’t think this should break things if there was a limit to height and it was relatively slow — no leaping over mountains, even though you could do that in TES III at your peril, lol).

Eliminate slaughter fish. Invisible walls are fine, perhaps with a message like in GW2 “you have hit a strong current and must turn back.” Being able to swim underwater would be awesome. I loved that in GW2 and think part of the reason it wasn’t popular was that weapon skills were totally different and some classes lost access to many utilities as well.

Or rather than something completely different, I’d love to see another character-centric political intrigue DLC like Orsinium, perhaps with the player’s path less clear cut with different possible outcomes (Rimmen can fly different flags, have different NPC dialogue, etc., depending on where players are in the Elsweyr quest, for instance).
  • Bennisphinx
    Bennisphinx
    ✭✭
    In no particular order:
    • A minimap
    • A group finder for raids
    • A way to upgrade riding skills for multiple characters from one character
    • Mail that arrives without logging in and out, changing zones, or waiting
    • A guild hall button in the guild panel, so I don't have to look for the person in the guild whose house is the guild hall and then travel to that persons primary residence
    • Groups that I stay in, even when I change my character
    • (Optiona) Global keybinds and settings
    • Keybinds for quickslot items
    • Sliders in the housing editor for easier and more precise placement
    • A built-in system to check which guild trader sells what and for how much and
    • Guild traders whose inventories don't take forever to load
    • Quest markers that take unlocked wayshrines into account when displaying the shortest path
    • An option to mute quest NPCs (after talking to them once)
    • A display showing me how long my DOTs are still active
    • A skill queue, so I can already activate a new skill while casting the previous and have it not not register due to lag or whatever else prevents my skill from activating sometimes
    • The ability to reorder my guilds, so I don't always have to change the guild when I want to buy/sell something (except for the times it doesn't revert back to guild slot 1 for whatever reason)
    • Less invisible walls, insurmountable hills and locked gates in zones which prevent me from reaching something and force me to take a huge detour
    • Probably more that I can't think of right now

Wait, what? These aren't completely new features, but rather QoL improvements; and there are already addons doing some of those things? Who would have thought...

However if we really want to add a completely new feature instead of tidying up, fixing and improving existing ones: Houses that can be fortified into fortresses and that can/must then be defended against waves of NPC monsters of increasing difficulty. That could be fun I think, especially if it scales with the size of the house and the number of people in it.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frogs.

A new frog system is definitely very needed, and would appeal to players of all types. The game feels really empty when you realize how little player-frog interaction there is in most content. Frogs feel like the next obvious thing to rework in ESO

You can tell they've already begun implementing frogs for a while now - the animations and textures are there, they just need to write in the content.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No new systems.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fortnite introduced crafting stations this season where, for 250 wood, brick, and metal you can upgrade the quality of a weapon by one rarity.

Which got me thinking about a requested feature in ESO. Maybe stations where for X amount of a cloth, wood, and metal mat you could upgrade any piece of sub-160 armor by one level?

This wouldn't just let you keep a favored gear combination for the career of your character. It would also allow ZOS to increase the 160 armor cap and introduce new materials. All you would need to do if you really liked your current 160 gear would be to dump mats into upgrading it by however many levels the new cap is.

We've had the 160 mats since Orsinium and their values are absolutely tanked. Some people seem to love to sell furniture for far less than the cost of the materials to make that furniture. A slight gear boost would take some of the edge off combat rebalancing, and the craft economy could really use a boost this year.
    signing off
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open world pvp OPTION.

So I can be clearing a zone or chasing shards etc and have it be more exciting by the possibility of bumping into an opponent or group of real enemy. Can have group fights in major cities, etc. With town guards attempting to keep the peace. they would be OP but actually killable though.

Would require two versions of each map though i gueas and would be player choice to be involved.

Edited by Haquor on November 2, 2019 11:21PM
  • Saelent
    Saelent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Fortnite introduced crafting stations this season where, for 250 wood, brick, and metal you can upgrade the quality of a weapon by one rarity.

Which got me thinking about a requested feature in ESO. Maybe stations where for X amount of a cloth, wood, and metal mat you could upgrade any piece of sub-160 armor by one level?

This wouldn't just let you keep a favored gear combination for the career of your character. It would also allow ZOS to increase the 160 armor cap and introduce new materials. All you would need to do if you really liked your current 160 gear would be to dump mats into upgrading it by however many levels the new cap is.

We've had the 160 mats since Orsinium and their values are absolutely tanked. Some people seem to love to sell furniture for far less than the cost of the materials to make that furniture. A slight gear boost would take some of the edge off combat rebalancing, and the craft economy could really use a boost this year.

Quite possibly the only Fortnite related anything I agree with.
    Also, what about multiclassing?
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Of course, op servers .
    Else,

- new cyrodiil dynamic (original and unique keeps, with their own strategy) + new siege tools like grap and ladder
    - add a new weapon to the game
    - a new champion point system 2.0, I dont know how ;)
    - perform the justice system with openworld pvp + karma system like in BDO(black desert online).

Edited by Xarc on November 3, 2019 12:36AM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naval Combat is a big no to me. I get enough of that from my AC games, but I respect others want it... and it would be a way to bring maormer in as a playable race.

I've said it long ago, but I would like if Vanilla provinces could be flipped and I'll explain this.
    Basically every three months, the two opposing factions would try to invade your own faction's territory.

So AD and DC come to EP to invade, in my example.

Ebonheart players have to do increased PVE activity in EP zones to "ward off" the invaders. It's like soft PVP without actually having PVP. Conversely, AD and DC PVE activity in EP zones would result in invasion if they overtook EP.

Let's say EP player does delve in Deshaan. He scores 1 Defense point.
    If AD or DC does a delve in Deshaan. They score 1 Invasion points.
    AD and DC do not stack to help eachother, to keep balance.

If for whatever reason AD and DC managed to both overtake EP, the effect would be nulified, and the invasions of teams, a failure, despite scoring higher.

The faction with the most points at the end of the month effectively controls the 5 EP territories. During this time, all merchants will tax PVE players in the EP faction 10% more for all services, including repairs, pack upgrades, etc. everything - sort of like a punishment. But, if you capture a faction's lands, then you actually get a 10% discount in those lands as you strike fear in the local population.

Flags and banners in the main cities change to winning teams. - Imagine entering Ebonheart only to see AD flags.

This would last for a month, then all zones would flip back to their respective factions again for a month of "armistice" then after that month was done the cycle would happen again.

Quests and stuff would have to ignore this system. It would be more a background system. During this time we could just say the zones are subjugated, rather than fully invaded, and that explains why EP still operates in EP even when it's been "lost."

Armistice > PVE rush > Control Period > Armistice > PVE rush > Control Period and so on.

This would mean atleast 2/3 of the year the zones remain belonging to who rightfully owns them, but for the other 1/3 of the year it's all about who pushed the hardest.

This would be happening simultaneously to each alliance, so each has the potential to be flipped.

If ZOS staggered this between DLC releases, so the PVE rushes would happen about 45 days after a DLC released, this would keep people playing right as the DLC starts to get stale and most are walking away.

This is only a shell of an idea, and not perfectly thought out, but I would like to see something similar.
    Edited by lagrue on November 3, 2019 12:42AM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to actually play the way I want, so getting rid of the stupid attribute scaling system that causes a stamina/magicka divide would be welcomed.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    monster play in pvp like lotro
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A reason for housing

Better crafting mechanics that requires skill, expertise and honing the craft

Some kind of tactical perk in cyrodil for when you perform a certain task (like a pointstreak in CoD but something that can be less abused)

Remove classes and instead have roles. Range damage dealer, melee damage dealer, both, selfish tank, buffer tank, buffer healer, pure healer, etc...
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have the Silver and Gold difficulties back for the entire overland world. Loot drops still cap at 160CP, only the difficulty of the mobs go up in terms of power.

Silver would be around 160CP for Overland mobs, 170 for Delves and Public Dungeon mobs, 180 for Delve Bosses, 190 for Public Dungeon Bosses, and 200CP for Overland Bosses.

Gold would be 180CP for Overland mobs, 190 for Delves and Public Dungeon mobs, 200 for Delve Bosses, 210 for Public Dungeon Bosses, and 220CP for Overland Bosses.

The benefits is that you can replay all the quests in each zone over again a second and third time, getting the same rewards upgraded an additional value so if the reward was Fine (Green) it would now be Superior (Blue). If it were a Superior quality reward then it becomes Epic (Purple).
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hdt physics.

I wish they hire caliente already.

• MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I always wanted a random op wb to pop up, like Molag Bal, in cyro that smashes keeps regardless of faction.

I guess it would be like the hammer in cyro but it couldn't be directed to any one faction. It would add a randomness to cyro.
  • Amoureros
    Amoureros
    ✭✭✭
    New type of magicka based weapon
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CP deletion
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spellcrafting
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In no particular order:
    • A minimap
    • A group finder for raids
    • A way to upgrade riding skills for multiple characters from one character
    • Mail that arrives without logging in and out, changing zones, or waiting
    • A guild hall button in the guild panel, so I don't have to look for the person in the guild whose house is the guild hall and then travel to that persons primary residence
    • Groups that I stay in, even when I change my character
    • (Optiona) Global keybinds and settings
    • Keybinds for quickslot items
    • Sliders in the housing editor for easier and more precise placement
    • A built-in system to check which guild trader sells what and for how much and
    • Guild traders whose inventories don't take forever to load
    • Quest markers that take unlocked wayshrines into account when displaying the shortest path
    • An option to mute quest NPCs (after talking to them once)
    • A display showing me how long my DOTs are still active
    • A skill queue, so I can already activate a new skill while casting the previous and have it not not register due to lag or whatever else prevents my skill from activating sometimes
    • The ability to reorder my guilds, so I don't always have to change the guild when I want to buy/sell something (except for the times it doesn't revert back to guild slot 1 for whatever reason)
    • Less invisible walls, insurmountable hills and locked gates in zones which prevent me from reaching something and force me to take a huge detour
    • Probably more that I can't think of right now

Wait, what? These aren't completely new features, but rather QoL improvements; and there are already addons doing some of those things? Who would have thought...

However if we really want to add a completely new feature instead of tidying up, fixing and improving existing ones: Houses that can be fortified into fortresses and that can/must then be defended against waves of NPC monsters of increasing difficulty. That could be fun I think, especially if it scales with the size of the house and the number of people in it.

Sooooo.... you want the house that I paid for and spent time and effort decorating to be wiped out by random packs of NPCs, thus taking time away from things I WANT to participate in, and forcing me to constantly have to stay home to 'defend' the house. And since they are 'increasing in difficulty', eventually they WILL win. And I get to Lose, and all my stuff gets destroyed.

And you think this is a good idea?

:#
  • SipofMaim
    SipofMaim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Class quests and/or specialization quests that give us more skills to play around with. Mutually exclusive joinable factions. Procedurally generated arenas.
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »

as much as i would love naval pvp. Unfortunately zos has stated the games engine cant handle that
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id personally like a guild UI update. Specifically an amount donated in say the last 10 days or month added to roaster viewable by officers.

Would also like the ability to select favorites in the outfit menu.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i only see 3 options to implement spell crafting

1) an extension of the morphing system which i think is unlikely cause it would lead to A LOT of work

2) an additional crafting line that works a bit like alchemy or runes...instead you craft basically scrolls with spells...

3) a replacement to the existing champion system...you basically "craft" spells by enhancing your abilities and skills (which are spells basically)
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armories
    Operates like the Collection tab but for certain Unique gear that drops from quests. Also any master writ that is completed also has a copy saved there. Crafted sets generally are not that great, so it would be ideal for example, Stam DPS that may want to make a second build as a Tank to easily swap out as one. It would improve the guild finder situation as more tanks scoop up the DPS / Healers waiting in que.

Soul Merge
    I don't want 18 characters, I'd prefer 6 with multiple profiles / builds. Next chapter, 21? Some like crafting on many so I wouldn't want this idea to be mandatory or provide a combat benefit but I'd like to be able to merge my Tank DK and my MagDK into one character with two separate profiles. Lore would be Azura grants my mDK his soul back so he can die a proper death but his soul essence is transferred to my DK Tank. My tank now has a 2nd a profile and can choose between Nord (Tank) and Kitteh (mDK) racial passives, can't have both, but one on each profile.

This means my PvE tank can easily swap out to DPS for overworld content have a unique set of attributes / CP / gear / skills. The idea of building a tank would also become less of a chore to many players.

You would need to choose a Primary character and that characters decision throughout the game take priority, then it would add all the quests complete by the secondary that do not conflict, shards, lorebooks, achievements etc.

1 Sacrifice = 3 build profiles + 100 inventory space + 20 bank space (to make up for the loss of 200)
    2 Sacrifice = 6 build profiles + 100 inventory space + 20 bank space (to make up for the loss of 200)

You lose the character slot too, as all three character slots would be in one character. 3 max slots per class. 6 classes, 18 slots, that is 3 per class.
  • Bennisphinx
    Bennisphinx
    ✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »
    Sooooo.... you want the house that I paid for and spent time and effort decorating to be wiped out by random packs of NPCs, thus taking time away from things I WANT to participate in, and forcing me to constantly have to stay home to 'defend' the house. [...]
    [...] Houses that can be fortified into fortresses and that can/must then be defended against waves of NPC monsters [...]
    I've thought of it as an optional mechanic that you actively have to "sign up" for. Similar to allowing people to duel in PvE zones: if you don't want to fight, you decline, but if you do, then you battle - just want to relax in your home? No worries, but if you want a little bit of action, invite a few monsters over and have some fun.
    [...] And since they are 'increasing in difficulty', eventually they WILL win. And I get to Lose, and all my stuff gets destroyed. [...]
    I just said increasing in difficulty, not never ending. You might also be able to choose a base difficulty, like you can choose between normal and vet dungeons. If you just want to have some fun, chose the easiest difficulty, but if you want a serious challenge, select the hardest difficulty.
    Concerning the destruction of furniture, I think of it more like Cyrodiil sieges: Monsters can destroy stuff, however you would not have to craft everything again, but rather pay some money and have everything repaired. If they wanted to make it truly casual, they could also just reset the house to the state before the siege.
    And you think this is a good idea?
    Yes, otherwise I wouldn't have suggested it. But don't worry, they won't implement it anyways.
    Edited by Bennisphinx on November 3, 2019 6:56PM
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In no particular order:

1. "Perfected" versions of ALL trials sets (trials scene instantly rejuvenated).

2. An added skill slot (or two!) for BOTH bars.

3. New "Spell and Sword" weapon type to facilitate end-game-viable hybrid builds (a classic ES playstyle).

4. Spell-crafting (another beloved feature from mainline ES games).

5. "Minor skills" (pre-Skyrim ES concept) feature allowing you to "borrow" 1 skill each from two DIFFERENT classes.

6. Re-vamp of ESO's mundane "Attributes" system (to add depth and make it feel more like an ES RPG)*.

*Instead of just pumping mindless Health/Magicka/Stamina you also get to invest points into some of the pre-Skyrim Attributes and use them to compute the derived combat stats, e.g. Strength -> Weapon Damage and Health Regen; Intelligence -> Magicka Damage; Willpower -> Magicka Regen and Magicka Resistance; Endurance -> Stamina Regen and Physical Resistance; Agility -> Weapon Critical; Luck -> Spell Critical.
  • Taloros
    Taloros
    ✭✭✭✭
    Player built dungeons/zones
    What made Skyrim last so long? Why was (and is) Neverwinter Nights so great, despite all its flaws? Both profited hugely from the players' ability and motivation to create content - not only interface or graphic improvements, but new quests, zones, dungeons and even monsters.
    Eso should be in a good, maybe even unique position to introduce such a system. Mob power and loot were normalized through One Tamriel. New content should still sell well as it can introduce new sets, skill lines and so on. But regular old quest content, variations on non-DLC dungeons and so on should still find a lot of interest - probably not among the hardcore elite, but among the huge, i. e. the economically relevant majority.
    The housing system already put a tool to build environments into the player client. All that would be needed now would be the option to place mobs for the most basic of systems. And if that runs well, add quests, bosses and so on.