The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Blastbones Observations - Potential Fix

Bullseyebudx
Bullseyebudx
✭✭✭
I've been playing around a little more with Blastbones over the past couple weeks and I've noticed a few effects which prevent Blastbones from consistently reaching its target.

Blastbones is effected by snares, roots, immobilizes, and hindrance since all effects on you are passed to your pets and you can target Blastbones.

I'm wondering if this is the cause of a majority of complaints about Blastbones since there isn't always an obvious visual effect for these things.

I do occasionally still run into issues where Blastbones is summoned but doesn't pursue the target it was summoned against/doesn't retarget a new player in range which I've seen it do before but it doesn't always; even when it does it usually dies before reaching the target.

Between the 2 sec summon time, which causes issues with targeting and retargeting, and the status effects and snares/roots which I've now seen several times effect Blastbones; the fact that it has a duration of 8 seconds kind of perpetuates the issue.

Blastbones can already be killed via damage, all things constant I'd really like to see its duration of 8 seconds removed entirely or increased to a hefty duration where it's a non issue only if there's a concern about Blastbones aimlessly wondering or chasing respawned targets across the map which would prevent summoning a new one, especially considering the damage multiplier is already capped at 50%.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is garbage, pvp or pve. If they either cannot, so simply will not, fix it, they need to scrap it altogether and convert to a more normal delayed burst mechanic like Haunting Curse or Shalks.

If they keep it as is, it either needs to be free to cast, like the other poorly functioning necro mechanics, or have its damage massively increased (or ignore resists) so you actually get a pay off in exchange for the very high risk of it not functioning at all.

Edited by katorga on November 3, 2019 11:30PM
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This just needs to be reworked into a non targetable projectile, it's just too buggy as a pet. They should make it summon, do a little taunt then leap in the air in an arch to your target.