The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Can we get more building materials

Codeman1976
Codeman1976
✭✭✭
Can we please get more building materials? Things like 2x4s and 4x4s and so on. Large flat sections of wood and stone would also be nice. Please let us have access to such things. We see items like these all of Tamriel (and beyond), but cannot have them in our homes? Please, please give us these things. If you readers agree, post here to show that there’s more interest here than just a handful of people. We homeowners know what the real endgame content is.
PS4 NA Codeman1976
PS4 NA
Codeman1976
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely! I’d be thrilled to see building materials of all different sorts and styles — as much as can be implemented that already exist in game! :) It would be ideal to have more basic building blocks as you list, but also more archways, walls of different styles, windows that cast light appropriately, different stairways, etc. More pre-built simple structures — maybe basic towers, homes, etc., that could be built on, connected, added to as well. This could be very useful for making the most limited item counts!
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hear hear, have loved what they've introduced so far and hope to see still more. More wooden options (a parquet floor section would be lovely), more different stone options...but also want to see some ground options. I would love to see a large square, large rectangular and large circular patch of ground with dirt, dead leaves, little rocks, basically natural looking ground that could be used to re-landscape areas. No plants, because those need to be vertical and in order for these to be most useful we would need to be able to tilt them and position them in different ways to create a flow of new land horizontally and vertically. Also some rocky/gravel platforms and some SAND would be lovely, more snow, and how about some stream sections, like the Summerset waterfall but flowing sideways and with an open-end design that would make it easier to blend? I see the large wide clusters of plants available in Elsweyr to be a fantastic start to this letting us landscape over a larger area, it would be awesome to have some more options.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I gave up on housing in this game for no man's sky. The base building there shows you how pathetic eso housing is. No microtransactions either.
    There's a terrain manipulator, underwater construction, basically everything this game has but so much more. It's all free after purchasing the game too.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i am desperate for such thing but given the lack of responce from the devs im not holding my breth
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    So many threads asking for this.

Summerset, Murkmire, and Elsweyr did provide a lot more structural furniture and it made our appetite for them even greater.

I agree, more structural items in different sizes that match the different styles.
    Edited by sueblue on October 31, 2019 5:42AM
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • MadHatterMike
    MadHatterMike
    ✭✭
    why cant we pick up items off the ground to use as well, like from trials or dungeons
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to have water and tiles. And while we are at it, dyeable furniture would be great. I've noticed a lack of black furnishings in particular.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Individual building mats would be good. But will contribute to item count in a significant way.

Give me Walls and Floors and Ceilings and Roof Planes. Give me Dirt and Grass and Straw. Give me sections that i can put a few pieces together and make something.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Poms
    Poms
    ✭✭✭
    Different wall options that aren't meant to be used outside
    different floor options, thin ones

dyeable like @langon64 said would be AMAZING...but would have to become bound to toon forever i guess

ceilings, window frames, door frames

water tiles, dirt tiles yes please

And while i am at it...what about being able to change the size of things ....within reason
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Langdon64 wrote: »
    I would love to have water and tiles. And while we are at it, dyeable furniture would be great. I've noticed a lack of black furnishings in particular.

I would love the ability to dye or change the stain color on furnishings.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I gave up on housing in this game for no man's sky. The base building there shows you how pathetic eso housing is. No microtransactions either.
    There's a terrain manipulator, underwater construction, basically everything this game has but so much more. It's all free after purchasing the game too.

The thing is though, that people want good housing in the game they play a lot.

Yes, you can go and play another game for that, but then you don't have the housing where you need it (i.e. here).

Of course, No Man's Sky may be a great game, in its own right, but you get what I mean?

I can go and play The Sims for housing, but part of the enjoyment is visiting your own homes in the main game you play.

So, what I would ideally like is more Sims-like elements here, if possible.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Individual building mats would be good. But will contribute to item count in a significant way.

Give me Walls and Floors and Ceilings and Roof Planes. Give me Dirt and Grass and Straw. Give me sections that i can put a few pieces together and make something.

Yeah, you need wall sections with different configurations of windows and/or doors already in them (for one slot in total).

You could even have entire rooms (including hallways, with stairs!), which you could then join together to make a house.

If each room was only 1 slot, it would make building a lot easier, within the item count.

Another thing I would like to see is kitchen base units which click together (like they do in The Sims), with a seamless surface.

If the entire run of them could then count as one slot, even better.