The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

What class is best for overworld SOLO SPEED questing?

hailtomichigan
hailtomichigan
Soul Shriven
I'm currently making one of each class and get to max CP. After that I want to complete every overworld quest over all DLC's.
What class can do all overworld questing the fastest while solo?

Best Answer

• JusticeForJilarga
    JusticeForJilarga
    ✭✭✭
    This one would suggest a Stamina Nightblade because:
    1. You can Kill enemies quickly.
    2. You will have plenty of Stamina when you need to run on foot.
    3. You can always choose to run past some enemies.

Though being able to Persuade and Intimidate helps cuts corners on some quests so that is a must have.
    Leader Of The Children Of Razum Dar Guild (Khajiit Guild) on All 6 MegaServers

Khajiit Quote Of The Day.
    "These useless senche could only kill a rat if they fell upon it. From a great height."
    Answer ✓
  • Twyst
    Twyst
    ✭✭✭
    Any class is more than capable of this. For reference, my main is current a MagCrow which (last patch, not played much this one) the lowest of the DPS classes in trials. But yet in raid gear it clears overworld adds and "bosses" in mere moments. Quite often the bosses are still talking when I'm looting their rotting corpse :)

I have enough stamina to run most of the dungeons. Although I do have less stamina, I don't use as much running in light armours thanks to the Grace passive.

I also have a horse which runs through adds. Although having good riding skill is essential.

I do agree though that Persuade and Intimidate are essential.

TL;DR - Class does not matter, they all clear fast when built for DPS.
  • Square252
    Square252
    ✭✭✭
    My main was a StamNb for Cadwell's Silver and Gold only, no side quests or so. Thought i like it, but then i tried a MagPlar.

tbh, MagPlar rules for Solo Content. I finished Cadwells Gold and Silver including every Quest i could find in the Zones. So far only Murkmire isn't at 100% progression on my MagPlar. I admit it, i'm in love with her. She just burns through the enemys. (But my love for her is indeed limited to solo content, let's not talk about Trials or PvP when my MagPlar is listening...)
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    MagPlar is the easy mode doing solo... not that i use one

[Ey ey, don't look under here, my eyes are up there]
    Edited by yRaven on August 29, 2019 12:22AM
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This one would suggest a Stamina Nightblade because:
    1. You can Kill enemies quickly.
    2. You will have plenty of Stamina when you need to run on foot.
    3. You can always choose to run past some enemies.

Though being able to Persuade and Intimidate helps cuts corners on some quests so that is a must have.

Don't know if you like or hate PvP. I'm not a big fan but the cloak made it relatively safe to do quest, skyshards and delves in Cyrodiil to become Tamriel Hero.

https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Tamriel_Expert_Adventurer

• fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Perma-cloaking magicka NB, hands down, because you'll be super-fast and you will bypass mobs and only do the fights you actually have to do. You'll be like Q in Star Trek. Super OP and able to ignore everything you don't want to deal with. Cloaking sheds all aggro.

How to get enough sustain for perma-cloaking:

(1) Be a Breton, if you can
    (2) Use a high magicka recovery drink, such as Ghastly Eye Bowl or Hissmir Fisheye Rye
    (3) Use ALL light armor or 6 light, 1 heavy
    (4) Use ALL magicka cost reduction (NOT magicka recovery) glyphs on jewelry
    (5) Use an armor set that improves your IDLE magicka sustain. MOST DON'T. Two that do are Seducer and Bright-Throat's Boast. You are looking for a set that includes magicka cost reduction or that interacts favorably with the vagaries of the combat engine (Bright Throat's).
    (6) Go hard into Arcanist CP
    (7) Use Siphoning Attacks skill

Not all of this may be necessary. If you do all, you will oversustain, but this will allow you to cast Race Against Time while cloaking.

How to be fast in cloak:

(1) Slot Shadowy Disguise and Concealed Weapon on the same bar = +25% speed in cloak.
    (2) Get a sorce of Major Epedition. Race Against Time and the Skooma Smuggler set are options that won't uncloak you and will not disrupt the speed buff from Concealed. +30% speed in cloak.
    (3) Use all (purple) Swift jewelry = +15% speed in cloak
    (4) Use the Steed mundus = +10% speed in cloak
    (5) You might use the Jailbreaker set for another +10% speed.

All of the above will get you to +90% speed in cloak, which is just 10% below the speed cap. With gold Swift jewelry and Windrunning passive, from CP, you get another 5% for a total of +95% normal movement speed. You could also use that new set that gives +20% speed when shielding, which will get you to the hard cap (+100% speed). Use Harness Magicka / Dampen, in that case. It will not uncloak you, whereas Healing Ward will.

In terms of skills: Destro / resto. Swallow Soul, Sap Essence, Twisting Path, Race Against Time (probably), Siphoning Attacks, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, Concealed Weapon, Shadowy Disguise, Impale, destro ult, resto ult. Monster set: Something that does damage, such as Grothdarr. If too squishy (you won't be unless you have to face some world boss at low CP), then 1x Pirate + 1x Lord Warden or Chudan.
    Edited by fred4 on October 28, 2019 5:12AM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either vamp mag blade with supporting sets to really quickly stealth through all enemies or stamina warden which gets stam regen while running and has a source of expedition, also worth using sets that cut down cost of sprinting and increase speed.
    Edited by Vapirko on October 28, 2019 3:45AM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Either vamp mag blade with supporting sets to really quickly stealth through all enemies or stamina warden which gets stam regen while running and has a source of expedition, also worth using sets that cut down cost of sprinting and increase speed.
    Yeah, that's another way.

You can sprint almost forever with Prisoner and Coward's gear, while Steed + all Swift + Windrunning CP gets you to speed cap. Great setup for a scroll runner in Cyro. This is possibly the easiest way to be fast with a minimum of button pushes. Put that on a stamsorc and you alternate sprint, gaining magicka, with Streak and Dark Deal. Streak also goes THROUGH NPCs that sometimes block your way.

Yet another way is using Darloc Brae set as a Vampire or with Night's Silence set. Run in crouch and NEVER run out of stamina, because Darloc Brae oversustains your crouch.

The disadvantage of all these methods is that you still draw aggro, even with the Darloc Brae setup. A magicka nightblade is more work, until you get the rythm down, but the NPCs don't even see you. Let's say you have to enter a delve as part of a quest. One of the issues with a merely fast build is that you'll still aggro all the NPCs along the way and they frequently put you into combat and prevent you from leaving the delve on your way out until you've dealt with them. Magicka NB just bypasses all that hassle.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In case it isn't obvious: Cloak makes you truly invisible. You can be right under the nose of an NPC and they don't know you're there. There are few exeptions, such as Daedroths in Imperial City, who will see you if you are right up against them and in front of them. There are also sweeper bosses with a detection circle. The vast majority of NPCs are not like that.

Crouch just lowers your detection radius. You still have to be really circumspect, if you don't want to aggro mobs. Cloak relieves you of that hassle.

Hey, you asked what's the fastest. In my experience fastest is the freedom to go: "f u, I'm not doing that" and bypass any and all non-quest-related mobs you encounter along the way.

Incidentally magblade, like templar, has a lot of self-healing during solo PvE. Basically hit one mob with Swallow Soul every 10s for an ongoing heal, then spam Sap Essence for a heal on every cast. You'll do most world bosses that way. You'll do Skyreach runs. You'll do vet Maelstrom Arena with some additional healing from Radiant Regeneration, Siphoning Attacks and Healing Ward for emergencies. The basic technique is always the same. Swallow Soul gives you a heal over time. Sap Essence heals you and does AOE, much like Sweeps. You want to stack those two heals for harder content all the while staying on the attack.
    Edited by fred4 on October 28, 2019 5:21AM