The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Great Job, ZOS, now we're back to PvP Tank Meta /facepalm

Nyladreas
Nyladreas
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Now don't get me wrong... The DOT meta sucked hard, but at least people kept dying. What we have now though? Holy ***....

High MMR BGs are just full of players running 40k-50k+ health blocking and watching each other until their ults charge then atttempt :joy: to kill each other.

Can we please have an increase of block costs and decrease of block mitigation on battlespirit, with one hand and shield equipped? Hell, why don't you add a forced defense cap too :D This is actually ridiculous and boring as hell :joy:
Edited by Nyladreas on October 22, 2019 2:53AM
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just when I made my Heal/Tank a healer
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just when I made my Heal/Tank a healer

IKR! Among other amazing builds :D i don't even understand how these teams are enjoying any of this. What the heck is even the point of playing :D
    Edited by Nyladreas on October 22, 2019 1:34AM
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DLCs and money bois.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BG queue times are really long now
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »

High MMR BGs are just full of players running 40k-50k+ health blocking and watching each other until their ults charge then atttempt :joy: to kill each other.

Can we please have an increase of block costs and decrease of block mitigation on battlespirit?

Or better yet, give the opposing team some way of increasing enemy block cost, but design it in such a way that it's not possible to do so while also having a 40k health block build yourself.
    Edited by MisterBigglesworth on October 22, 2019 1:48AM
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Can we please have an increase of block costs and decrease of block mitigation on battlespirit?

Or better yet, give the opposing team some way of increasing enemy block cost, but design it in such a way that it's not possible to do so while also having a 40k health block build yourself.

A wonderful idea but impossible to achieve with the nature of how skills work in ESO. Everyone would have access to it, and if you limit it to a class or weapon skill line then everyone would still abuse it somehow.

Imho PvE-Like Heavy Tanks have no place in PvP, especially fast-paced action style PvP like we have. It's 100% fine to be tankier and harder to kill, but to be way too tanky like this where multitudes of people beating on you doesn't really do anything, especially if you have another tank with guard up on you and 2 dedicated healer/tanks keeping you up is just plain wrong.
    Edited by Nyladreas on October 22, 2019 2:03AM
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Careful for what you wish for, you just might get it.
    Reap what you sow.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SkerKro wrote: »
    Reap what you sow.

I would much rather have everyone squishy and actually dying all the time than this, trust me. I don't understand why so many people in this game get frustrated or extremely mad with being killed, it's PvP, you kill you die.

Or in this case, you don't die, you don't kill, you just wait every BG out till the end of the time limit.
    Edited by Nyladreas on October 22, 2019 2:36AM
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS has been attempting to introduce effective counters to the heal/tank meta for years. Proc sets, oblivion damage, easy access to Defile, DOTs....they've tried their darnedest to figure this out, but every solution they've introduced has been extremely unpopular with players.

I'm not at all optimistic about whatever it is they attempt to do next.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BGs and TTK are totally fine without healers. Healing in ESO PvP is way overtuned. The reason high MMR BGs are so freaking lame is because that's where all the healtards are.

My suggestion: make critical resistance also reduce the value of incoming heal crits. Think about it: you go to attack someone and all your damage crits get mitigated by a lot, meanwhile he can yo-yo his health back up faster with unfettered heal crits.

This might also make other traits more attractive for PvP rather than Impenetrable being the end all be all.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or better yet. Put finally some restrictions on group healing. Self healing and healing an ally should not be equally effective at the same time.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    ZOS has been attempting to introduce effective counters to the heal/tank meta for years. Proc sets, oblivion damage, easy access to Defile, DOTs....they've tried their darnedest to figure this out, but every solution they've introduced has been extremely unpopular with players.

I'm not at all optimistic about whatever it is they attempt to do next.

That's the issue. They're too often trying to introduce counters instead of directly hitting flawed design of problematic setups.
    Edited by Juhasow on October 22, 2019 3:24AM
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    BGs and TTK are totally fine without healers. Healing in ESO PvP is way overtuned. The reason high MMR BGs are so freaking lame is because that's where all the healtards are.

My suggestion: make critical resistance also reduce the value of incoming heal crits. Think about it: you go to attack someone and all your damage crits get mitigated by a lot, meanwhile he can yo-yo his health back up faster with unfettered heal crits.

This might also make other traits more attractive for PvP rather than Impenetrable being the end all be all.
    The only thing that will stand out...
    totally fine without healers.
    all the healtards
    Healers may not be as rare as tanks, but finding a good or decent one to keep an entire group up no matter the content to last as long let alone keep up with good groups or better are even rarer... This is how you systematically make healers an endangered role in all content. Great job.

No heals for you. No heals for any one.

Edited by StormeReigns on October 22, 2019 3:26AM
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There it is, another pvp whine thread. You already got healers nerfed and out of pve, now let's nerf tanks too?
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »
    There it is, another pvp whine thread. You already got healers nerfed and out of pve, now let's nerf tanks too?

Tanks should've been nerfed in pvp from the beginning. Healers never should've been touched as hard as they have been. IMHO.
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reap what you sow.

I would much rather have everyone squishy and actually dying all the time than this, trust me. I don't understand why so many people in this game get frustrated or extremely mad with being killed, it's PvP, you kill you die.

Or in this case, you don't die, you don't kill, you just wait every BG out till the end of the time limit.

People in E$O get salty when they die because this game enables this form of douchebaggery- PVP'rs for the most part feel like theyre entitled to a form of invincibilty because of sets, consumables and abilities. So they will cry when some one kills them, This is a form of insecurity suppression.
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tanks should've been nerfed in pvp from the beginning. Healers never should've been touched as hard as they have been. IMHO.

Lol! Streamers like frengrush always complain on healers healing. While he is a tank/DPS SORC with a few zergs to boot his kills...
    So, hence the NERF to heal.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now don't get me wrong... The DOT meta sucked hard, but at least people kept dying. What we have now though? Holy ***....

Can we please have an increase of block costs and decrease of block mitigation on battlespirit, with one hand and shield equipped? Hell, why don't you add a forced defense cap too :D This is actually ridiculous and boring as hell :joy:

No y hurt pve tanking when during dot meta players were killable this is why dots should not have been nerfed in my guild discord I called this out pts week 1. Dot nerf and return of unkillable players. Seriously dots may have been hard hitting with no strong counter but players died yet that was a problem every1 wants to be unkillable and deal insane damage.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »
    BG queue times are really long now

Feels that way. First game took 20 minutes to form. Now, I've been waiting 33 minutes and counting.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vanos444 wrote: »

Lol! Streamers like frengrush always complain on healers healing. While he is a tank/DPS SORC with a few zergs to boot his kills...

That's pretty sad if that's true. Glad I don't watch streamers.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BattleAxe wrote: »

No y hurt pve tanking when during dot meta players were killable this is why dots should not have been nerfed in my guild discord I called this out pts week 1. Dot nerf and return of unkillable players. Seriously dots may have been hard hitting with no strong counter but players died yet that was a problem every1 wants to be unkillable and deal insane damage.

Don't worry, I got you, my friend. Read it again - I said battle spirit. PvE would be completely safe from those nerfs. :)

@BattleAxe
    Edited by Nyladreas on October 22, 2019 4:01AM
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dot meta was great
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanos444 wrote: »

That's pretty sad if that's true. Glad I don't watch streamers.

They're not that bad, some are just never happy, some are hypocrites, some are both.

Edited by BRogueNZ on October 22, 2019 8:55AM
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭

nothing wrong with that. All three teams wait in their respective areas until the timer runs out and its a 3 way tie for first. Everyone gets their daily bonus. Everyone gets max ap every time.

Works for me! I'm just there for barrier and i'm done.

Edited by Lady_Linux on October 22, 2019 4:51AM
    I simply must protest. There are no Penguin avatars for me to use in the forums.

BTW, I use arch too
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BattleAxe wrote: »

Don't worry, I got you, my friend. Read it again - I said battle spirit. PvE would be completely safe from those nerfs. :)

@BattleAxe

Problem is ZoS has yet to use battle spirit to separate pve and pvp so chances are block changes will be effecting both sides
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reap what you sow.

Not exactly, dm is the only mode where killing is really needed.
    You can win relic, crazy king, chaos ball and domination without killing.

Just saying.
    Edited by russelmmendoza on October 22, 2019 5:01AM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes, the answer to tank meta is nerfing sword and board YET AGAIN.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes, the answer to tank meta is nerfing sword and board YET AGAIN.

Yup dots effectively ended the tank meta but no they were too OP