The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dear ZoS marketing team...

desndb
desndb
✭✭✭
As someone who has spent WAY too much money on digital stuff in this game...

Your timed releases are crap!

Not only do you time them completely wrong (daedric bookcase furniture pack 2 weeks before house) but you are LOOSING money by doing this.

I would have gladly bought 4 of those packs when the Wraithhome released, but now...you get nothing from me.

And again, I say this as someone who HAS and DOES spend lots of REAL $ on crown stuff...

You are shooting yourselves in the foot here.

I would spend 10 times MORE $ in the CS if it was NOT limited time, or if everything was available for purchase via the housing editor.

This is not the case for a LOT of things and it perturbs me and hurts your pocket books too!

Could we please stop with the false "limited" everything! It's DIGITAL, there's no shortage!

If you expect me to buy 8 of everything in anticipation of needing it... Hold your breath.

But if you'd like to make TONS of cash via the CS, from me and MANY others... Just put stuff up for sale all the time!

I promise, we will buy it!!!
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They don't know how to make more money off the non-Housing non-Cosmetics people though.
    I mean, what do you sell someone who doesn't want them? They are probably not even buying Crown Crates. Dungeon DLC? That's only like 3 times a year.
    And obviously limited-time is meant to give you a sense of urgency, just like crown crates that won't come back for a long time. If you want both Housing and Cosmetics you are totally screwed and might as well hand over your credit card.

IF there were a gold sink for non-Housing non-Comsetics (but what? -- that's the trick) AND more things like even houses were giftable, I think Crowns would move a lot more, and ZOS could make a lot more -- Because it would tap into a wider population willing to buy sell Crowns for gold, and not just milk one or two subcultures.

I'd be very interested to see the numbers and I think the Housing and Cosmetics community would probably show up as the backbone of revenue -- after ESO+ subscriptions (for the Crafting Bag), but that's probably gonna include everyone.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on October 21, 2019 5:58AM
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    🐋
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, this. Someone must've advised them to do it this way and they just don't think like normal people when it comes to marketing.
    desndb wrote: »
    ... Could we please stop with the false "limited" everything! It's DIGITAL, there's no shortage! ...

YES. Seriously!!! And not everyone has the money *right then* that they would have in a week, two weeks, a month, it's just dumb to lose sales just because they're not "right this second" sales. Ffs.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does seem an odd decision to have had the Coldharbour furnishing pack on a limited sale before Wraithhome as Daedric furnishings seem a natural fit.