The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wraithhome Ripoff

AefionBloodclaw
AefionBloodclaw
✭✭✭✭
So, its bad enough that ZoS have houses for over $100, but having this house for around $140 and there are towers in there you can't even access? It's quite an insult to paying customers, and also to the artists: oh btw, you know that house you did so much work on? Barely anyone's gonna see it cos we've decided we're gonna sell it for rediculous prices. Oh, and its around $175 furnished, and guess what, the furnishings are mostly random pieces of Breton furniture that YOU CAN CRAFT. Pathetic.
Edited by AefionBloodclaw on October 18, 2019 4:52PM
'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mk ...no one is forcing you to buy anything..so what's the big deal
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, they are Imperial furnishings, but they do look quite similar. I always extensively preview both furnished and not before deciding if and how to purchase a home.
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um... these prices for notable homes aren’t new.... ZoS tends to sell 14k unfurnished notable homes regularly. Most limited time notable homes in fact with a few exceptions often have 13k+ price tags when new. Wait a while when they release it again it’ll be a little cheaper.

Also don’t see the point in the imperial furnishing comment, we all know imperial is just recoloured Breton furniture so..... yea idk what to say about it.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually it has plenty of Imperial and Daedric furnishing which you cannot craft.

This is the perfect vampire or daedric home and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Nobody is forcing you to buy it. The price is pretty standard for every notable home in the game so far.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sporvan wrote: »
    The price is pretty standard for every notable home in the game so far.

And this is where the issue lies. But if people are pretty fine with that kind of price tag I can stop wondering why ZOS seems so greedy.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The very fact that it costs 14k Crowns is a ripoff.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While 14K crowns is too much for me, and I don't think there's a home they can put out that I would be willing to pay that much for, the point of these homes is to get players to spend their stock of crowns and buy more or get people to buy crowns in order to buy it.

I know it sucks, because I do think a lot more players would enjoy a lot more of the homes if they were able to afford them. But, ZOS has tried to keep to their promise of only fluff or convenience items in the CS, and this definitely falls into the fluff category, since no one really needs those big homes.

Again, I'm not trying to defend the prices per se, but rather explain the philosophy (as I see it) of the Crown Store. It's designed to generate revenue and nothing in there is in any way necessary to play or enjoy the game that a lot of players only spent $20 on. DLC is there so that we have new content to play, and they are relatively affordable. Houses, mounts, pets, costumes, etc. are priced to deplete crown balances and generate new crown sales.

Don't like the prices, don't pay them. The point of sale is the crowns, not the items in the CS. If crown balances aren't depleted and subsequently restocked, then no new CS revenue is generated.
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is not "plenty" of daedric or Imperial furnishings you cannot craft. The majority of the furnishings are craftable, I just went around the house prior to making the post. This house is the worst example of ZoS' pure utter greed and immorality.

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This house is the worst example of ZoS' pure utter greed and immorality.

Just wait until they offer a Gems only house! ;)

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason Zos gets away with selling homes for that price is people buy them. So if you think they price is to high then do not buy it.
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    The reason Zos gets away with selling homes for that price is people buy them. So if you think they price is to high then do not buy it.

Yep, there's no way I'm buying anything like this, a hundred bucks is too much for a digital house so anything that or above is out of the question. Even if I had a lot of money I'd refuse to pay that much out of dignity and morality.
    Jaraal wrote: »

Just wait until they offer a Gems only house! ;)

and I wouldn't put it past them, I bet they are now rubbing their hands in glee and sniggering evilly coming up with their next nefarious scheme.
    Edited by AefionBloodclaw on October 19, 2019 4:41AM

• sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Although there are some really cool features, Wraithhome doesn't interest me.

As far as it's cost goes, I am not surprised. The Grotto, Linchal, Topal, etc have all been this amount.

If I were to buy one of these manors I would save crowns for a year from my ESO+ sub and see it as part of my entertainment budget. Same thing if crowns are on sale and I can afford them.

I am sorry if you really wanted it and it's not in your budget. I have been there!

Like @Jaraal eluded to - at least we don't have to gamble away our IRL money to get crap we don't want in hopes we get the crap we do.

Gifting houses could solve this whole discussion.
    Edited by sueblue on October 19, 2019 4:57AM
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd really like the home but my trouble is that I also want moonsugar meadow, jodes embrace, potato retreat and lucky cat landing but I'm not a millionaire unfortunately.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not buying it, and I've passed on others I've wanted despite having bought some (on sale) in the past.

I love decorating homes and I'm running out of options, but despite that, things have got to change before I invest in another crown home.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • YaYaPineapple
    YaYaPineapple
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is not "plenty" of daedric or Imperial furnishings you cannot craft. The majority of the furnishings are craftable, I just went around the house prior to making the post. This house is the worst example of ZoS' pure utter greed and immorality.

There is no way you went around Wraithhome and looked at the furniture inside. Perhaps you were viewing the wrong house?

Imperial furniture CANNOT be crafted.

Almost all of the wood furniture in the house is Imperial.

The house also comes with a bunch(6?) of Daedric Chandelier, Gruesome and (13?) Daedric Candelabra, Tall, Daedric Table, Grand Necropolis, several Daedric Sarcophagus and Altars, along with more Daedric knick knacks than I can count, which also cannot be crafted.

In fact, its easier to list the items in the house that can be crafted, since there are so few craftable furnishings included in Wraithhome.

Full list of craftable furnishings included with Wraithhome (furnished):

Rough Bag, Burlap x 1
    Rough Knife, Butcher x 1
    Breton Shelves, Double x 4 <--- (1 of 2 craftable wood furniture types in the house)
    Common Wheelbarrow, sided x 1 <-- (2 of 2 craftable wood furniture types in the house)
    Ayleid Brazier, Firey x 15 (good luck finding that furnishing plan)
    Candles, Lasting x 14
    Common Candle, Lasting x 6
    Redguard Bin, Roped x 1
    Hammer, Forge x 1
    Rough Hatchet, Practical x 1

None of the other furniture in the house is craftable. When you consider that the home comes with around 180 furnishing items, most of which are NOT craftable, the furnished version is a great deal. Furnished is +3k crowns. One Grand Necropolis table costs 1500 crowns by itself. The 13 Daedric Candelabra, Tall are worth 1950 crowns. The Daedric Chandelier, Gruesome cost 920 crowns EACH. The furnished house includes 6 of them. I wouldn't be surprised if the non-craftable furnishings included add up to over 10k crowns.

You don't have to like the house, and you don't have to think its worth the money ZOS is asking for it, but lets be accurate.

Edited by YaYaPineapple on October 19, 2019 2:21PM
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it was 7000 crowns instead of 14000 it would be a more enticing offer.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrsrobot wrote: »
    I'd really like the home but my trouble is that I also want moonsugar meadow, jodes embrace, potato retreat and lucky cat landing but I'm not a millionaire unfortunately.

Moonsugar Meadow is totally worth it in my opinion — a lovely property and limitless options! :)
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, there's no way I'm buying anything like this, a hundred bucks is too much for a digital house so anything that or above is out of the question. Even if I had a lot of money I'd refuse to pay that much out of dignity and morality.

Where exactly does morality come into retail?

Is it immoral that designer handbags exist, too?

Like, don't get me wrong, I would love for the houses to be cheaper. But they aren't. It's worth it for me, for the entertainment I get from the game/housing, to spend the money. If it wasn't, I wouldn't.

Every time a new notable house comes out, people emerge being totally shocked. The prices have been fairly consistent since the launch of housing in early 2017. And if you add up the crown value of the furnishings you get, it really isn't that bad.

EVERYTHING in the crown store is expensive. I'd rather spend $100 on a house than $60 on an armor motif or $30 on a mount, but those are the prices.

I guess I'm immoral for choosing to spend my money on hobbies the way I please. I can live with that.
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Just curious: Historically what is the probability that something that can't be crafted will eventually show up at the Golden?
    Or is Imperial furnishing something that ZOS is deliberately holding back to make it special?
    (And if it's that special... I'm surprised they don't put it in the ad copy as a selling feature of the furnished version).
    LadyAstrum wrote: »

Of course but that kind of thinking never ends. If housing prices were half what they are now, I think people would still complain. Or someone else would complain how getting a fancy horse costs as much as a house and they should make horses cheaper.
    It's more important to hold a consistent benchmark price. I think that's why the 300 gem Pocket Watcher caused a lot of hoopla?

Probably ZOS wants to have a Crowns sink for long-time subs who don't want the other offerings. 10 months of subbing would get you that 14k house. If they release only 2 very different houses a year and you'd only choose one anyway, that's your sink right there.
    But at the same time they're milking the housing enthusiast market a lot with their crown store furnishings packs so the pressure is on to make gold and get those gifted, while saving crowns for what you can't get gifted.

If they made houses giftable... Would you put down 2.8 million gold for a 14k house?
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on October 19, 2019 9:45PM
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

Just curious: Historically what is the probability that something that can't be crafted will eventually show up at the Golden?
    Or is Imperial furnishing something that ZOS is deliberately holding back to make it special?
    (And if it's that special... I'm surprised they don't put it in the ad copy as a selling feature of the furnished version).

Of course but that kind of thinking never ends. If housing prices were half what they are now, I think people would still complain. Or someone else would complain how getting a fancy horse costs as much as a house and they should make horses cheaper.
    It's more important to hold a consistent benchmark price. I think that's why the 300 gem Pocket Watcher caused a lot of hoopla?

Probably ZOS wants to have a Crowns sink for long-time subs who don't want the other offerings. 10 months of subbing would get you that 14k house. If they release only 2 very different houses a year and you'd only choose one anyway, that's your sink right there.
    But at the same time they're milking the housing enthusiast market a lot with their crown store furnishings packs so the pressure is on to make gold and get those gifted, while saving crowns for what you can't get gifted.

If they made houses giftable... Would you put down 2.8 million gold for a 14k house?

I personally think 70 dollars is too much to spend (at the 1500 crown package its a 1:1 ratio to the US dollar).

I bought the moon sugar meadow for 6800 crowns from ESO+ and although I like the property, I kind of regret it. Its a LOT of money to spend on something that has no real function in game.
  • Avariprivateer
    Avariprivateer
    ✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »

I personally think 70 dollars is too much to spend (at the 1500 crown package its a 1:1 ratio to the US dollar).

I bought the moon sugar meadow for 6800 crowns from ESO+ and although I like the property, I kind of regret it. Its a LOT of money to spend on something that has no real function in game.

It may be worth noting that it costs $50 at the 14,000 crown tier. Although I can buy Link's Awakening for that. If people wanted to send a message everyone should simply never purchase a house over a certain price threshold. Price is normally determined by supply and demand, in this case supply as a concept is a bit loose. If the demand for anything costing over x amount is nonexistent there will be no choice but to bring it down in price.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It may be worth noting that it costs $50 at the 14,000 crown tier. Although I can buy Link's Awakening for that. If people wanted to send a message everyone should simply never purchase a house over a certain price threshold. Price is normally determined by supply and demand, in this case supply as a concept is a bit loose. If the demand for anything costing over x amount is nonexistent there will be no choice but to bring it down in price.

Ohh totally. I just have to wonder though if most people buy crowns at the 15 dollar price point. Reason being buying less you are sticking yourself in the bum, buying more seems like an investment. The 15 dollar price point (if I had to take a guess) is easily justified by most people because its not much more than the price of lunch. Well if you are going to Schlotskys or Jasons deli you will spend more, lol, but you get the point.

The house would be even less if they had crowns from a sale and back then they bought the 100 dollar pack (that one and the one above it have the same dollar/crown ratio).

But still, at the 15 dollar price point, its a LOT of money to spend on a digital good. Did you see my post where I bought a cool lamp instead of crowns for a house? That is how I am thinking going forward. If I was about to spend 100 bucks on crowns, what real life item can I get for 100 bucks that I would like to have but otherwise would not splurge on. If I am going to splurge on 100 digital goods, I might as well instead get something I can look at when I am offline, or when the game goes "poof".

As far as their pricing though, I think they are targeting whales myself. I don't know how much they expect in sales, but at some point it will dry up but they know this. They are just trying to get as much cash now as they can, which is why I have sometimes made reference to a cash grab happening.
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh who freacking cares if its Imperial. The Daedric stuff is NOTHING NEW, neither is the Imperial stuff. It basically looks almost exactly the same as the Breton stuff. The point is, there is nothing really justifying a 14000 crown price tag.

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm, that is a bit oxymoronic: “no real function in game” :tongue: As it’s a game, the only real function of anything is to be fun! ;) That’s why I don’t get the endless gear/level grind games — do the dungeon/raid to get the gear to do the harder dungeon/raid to start over when the ceiling’s raised— what is the function of that? It sounds frustratingly futile to me!
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im more pissed off over the psijic manor being used as a store home when players could get it for free that i think is a greedy tatic.
    but unless they offer this home free later down the line i dont think its a ripoff.
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say rip-off, but this house is too ... specific for me to buy it at this exorbitant price (and I must I admit I bought many houses I didn't use later on). I like the glass windows, I love the azure plasm, but I have no idea what to do with this house, whether furnished nor unfurnished.
    Perhaps in a few years.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=